POP prices in March - whew!

Schweino

Original Poster
It looks like Pop per night in March is ranging from 232-265 a night on average. Is that normal for that time of the year? I was looking at surprising my wife with the Flower festival they are doing but at those prices theres no way in heck. I am wondering if All Stars being closed and people trying to reschedule their trips is inflating the price or is that normal for the past 2 years? TIA!

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

It looks like Pop per night in March is ranging from 232-265 a night on average. Is that normal for that time of the year? I was looking at surprising my wife with the Flower festival they are doing but at those prices theres no way in heck. I am wondering if All Stars being closed and people trying to reschedule their trips is inflating the price or is that normal for the past 2 years? TIA!
As of now, no discounts are being offered (yet) for that time. What you're seeing is likely the rack rate. Hopefully there will be discounts offered later, which you can then have applied to your reservation, but if and until discounts are announced you're stuck with that rate.

Schweino

Original Poster
As of now, no discounts are being offered (yet) for that time. What you're seeing is likely the rack rate. Hopefully there will be discounts offered later, which you can then have applied to your reservation, but if and until discounts are announced you're stuck with that rate.
Would have to be a heck of a discount! I understand that's full rack, but is that normal pricing for March time frame?

ParentsOf4

In 2020, Pop Century's Standard Rooms were $222 to $270 per night (tax included) during spring break.

In 2019, these same rooms were $186 to $226.

NeverEnufDisney

Disney is pressing their luck with rates that high with Covid depressing travel. Even with a large discount it becomes prohibitive for many families. Some industry experts are predicting that theme park attendance will continue to be depressed in 2021. Add a large hotel expense to that and they are only shooting themselves in the foot, IMHO. I know that they will be very reluctant to back pedal on the prices with all the new investment they have done and are doing. I guess we will all see.

Schweino

Original Poster
Pop Century was our favorite value. Still is, but since adding the Skyliner the prices have definitely gone up. They're certainly using the Skyliner as an incentive for both Pop and CBR and thus, higher prices.
I think the only way we could go back in March now (we still need to do Universal too since she has never been) is if All Star resorts open up. Would love to spend two nights there and do Epcot and one other park before moving to Uni. I think she would like the All Star Movies - never been to any of the all star's myself

PolynesianPrincess

I think the only way we could go back in March now (we still need to do Universal too since she has never been) is if All Star resorts open up. Would love to spend two nights there and do Epcot and one other park before moving to Uni. I think she would like the All Star Movies - never been to any of the all star's myself

The All Stars are fine, we've stayed there the most out of any of the resorts, we just like Pop because it has its own dedicated bus service. And now with the Skyliner, there's even more incentive to stay there. And Disney knows that so CHA-CHING!! They raise the prices.

Mainahman

The All Stars are fine, we've stayed there the most out of any of the resorts, we just like Pop because it has its own dedicated bus service. And now with the Skyliner, there's even more incentive to stay there. And Disney knows that so CHA-CHING!! They raise the prices.
Not to mention they are getting the same style refurb that POP got too, so it will feel even nicer when they all eventually open.

PolynesianPrincess

Not to mention they are getting the same style refurb that POP got too, so it will feel even nicer when they all eventually open.

We LOVE the rooms at Pop now. Even though it seems they have taken out a lot of what made it feel "Disney" we still love them.

Also, are you from Maine? I see the word Mainah in your user name!

Schweino

Original Poster
I also liked the Pop rooms! I'm not a fan of in your face Disney themes inside the rooms - outside I'm cool with it. The reason why we didn't do all stars in August '19 was because I didn't like the fact they shared busses :( But if they are significantly cheaper then Pop IDK if I have a choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom