Pop or CBR

pug

I would stay at POP. The biggest thing I don’t like about POP is how the bus stops are basically cattle holding pens. So what I did in December was that I stayed at POP instead of CBR like I was planing on doing and instead I just rented a car so I wouldn't have to take the Buses at POP or worry about where my room would be. Still saved me $200.

slappy magoo

I'm not a fan of the value resorts. The rooms are too small for my liking and I prefer having onsite restaurants beyond food courts or pub grub. But if I were traveling alone, it wouldn't bother me as much. I'd take the extra money and rent a car, have more flexibility to visit other resorts.

But I'll also second that if you were to upgrade, go for anything but Caribbean. The Port Orleans resorts give you boat access to Disney Springs, and Coronado gives you way more dining options plus Rix Lounge in case you want to seek the company of other adults, platonically social or otherwise.

pug

I'm not a fan of the value resorts. The rooms are too small for my liking and I prefer having onsite restaurants beyond food courts or pub grub. But if I were traveling alone, it wouldn't bother me as much. I'd take the extra money and rent a car, have more flexibility to visit other resorts.

But I'll also second that if you were to upgrade, go for anything but Caribbean. The Port Orleans resorts give you boat access to Disney Springs, and Coronado gives you way more dining options plus Rix Lounge in case you want to seek the company of other adults, platonically social or otherwise.
Same

spock8113

Oh, the Pop for sure. CBR is huge. At the Pop you can hop right to your room and they have a better food court for up-n-out dining.

H20Babie

Original Poster
I've stayed at CSR before and love the cabanas section. However, they are not refurbed yet and the construction is right there, so I've decided against that one this trip.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks for all your replies; I decided to stay at Pop and added a dining plan and memory makes, both of which I was on the fence about. I have stayed at all values, all moderates and some deluxe resorts (when money allows), so I know the pros and cons of each, but going solo is a little different than going with family or friends. I've requested a refurbished room with lake view, so hoping 70's or building 5 of the 60's for a little pixie dust :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom