pop century?

dsnyfreak

I know you can see most if not all of illuminations from the 50's building but would that part of the resort be standard rates or prefered? I just want to know what I'm going to be asking for when I make my reservations later.:shrug:

bayoutinkbelle

We had a standard room in the 50s building this summer. It faced Hourglass Lake, a fabulous view (if you don't count the unfinished buildings across the lake). From our window, you could see SSE. From the top floor on our building, you could see some of Illuminations. Much better in the park, IMHO.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

I know you can see most if not all of illuminations from the 50's building but would that part of the resort be standard rates or prefered? I just want to know what I'm going to be asking for when I make my reservations later.:shrug:
We stayed in the 50's section in Sept.
I believe the entire section is non-preferred.
I believe the preferred sections are parts of the 60's & 70's sections.
:wave:

Upvote 0
If you do a search, there was a thread during the summer that had an image that showed the preferred and Standard rooms. I recommend the 60's, during Sept I could see MGM Epcot and MK shows!

Upvote 0

TShark469

We started out watching from the bridge by Hourglass Lake but we could not see most of the fireworks. We then walked up to the 4th floor of one of the 60's buildings and watched Illuminations and Wishes at the same time. Obviously, the 50's are going to be the closest and your best view but I have seen them from both the 60's and the 70's. Just make sure it's a building back by the lake and the 4th floor will be your best bet. Good luck and have fun!

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

If you REALLY want to watch the fireworks from your hotel the Caribbean Beach has an excellent view. But why not just go to the park and get an even better one? Any view from Pop Century is going to be fairly distant and you won't hear the music of course.

Having said that, I love the lake view rooms at Pop anyway :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom