pop century room suggestion

I searched a bit but could not find an answer to my question...We are traveling to WDW in a few weeks..we are traveling with another family of 4. \We'll be staying at Pop Century...I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions on what area we should asked t be placed...my main concern is being close to central area so we can get to the busses and cafeteria easily but dont want to be right on top of the central pool...any help would be appreciated..thanks

JohnLocke

You may want to search for a map of Pop Century to best decide, but we've stayed there 3 times and all 3 times weren't too far away, but The 50s was the best followed by The 80s.

The map I found shows the 50s and 60s to be the 2 best followed by the 70s.

Upvote 0

SAV

We were in the 60's section overlooking the lake and it was wonderful. We were 3rd floor and it was quiet, a short walk to the pool, a short walk to Everything Pop and a relatively short walk to the parking lot.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We stayed in the 70's section this past Sept. and were VERY pleased with the location. It was not even a 2 minute walk to Classic Hall and the bus stops! Enjoy! POP is a great resort!

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hi all, I happen to like Pop Century, I think the layout is great and it is never a very far walk from any of the room locations I have ever been in. If you are really concerned about being closest to the Main Building area, I would opt for a Preferred Room location. These rooms are generally in the 60's building as well as parts of the 50's and 70's. You will pay a little more, but you will be as close as possible. For the standard view, I have been in the 50's, 70's and 90's and all three werent far to me at all. Have a great time! Marie

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

If you stay in the back of the 60s not facing the pool, then its very nice and quiet. other than that I'd stay in the 70s. we have done both before and loved it! The 70s also have some new rooms:)

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

I always get a preferred room. IMHO, its worth the extra $15 or whatever it is a night.

I strongly disagree with the notion that "its not a far walk" wherever you stay at Pop. Its TWO THOUSAND rooms! I had the misfortune of staying on the backside of the 80's compound one time. That was enough for me to ALWAYS get a preferred room. The walk was absolutely ridiculous!

One can say that you are walking for miles all day through the parks, so what's the big deal if you have to walk to your room? Well, if you want to do something as simple as get a cup of coffee or a snack, its a 20 minute ordeal. And if its raining out, its a miserable death march every trip to and fro. Same thing with the pool. If you get a preferred room out by the Hippie Dippie pool, you can just stroll right out, get a table, and hangout without having to worry about tr__________g (amusingly, the "bad word" filter blanked out t-r-u-c-k-i-n-g) it all to the pool or running back to the room for stuff.

And if you are on an extended stay and need to do laundry, the preferred room wins out again since its right there. I've stayed at Pop about 10 times and the preferred room might be extra, but I think its worth it.

Upvote 0
Carribean Beach Resort

Dont know where to post this but we are staying at Carribean Beach Resort for the first time in Sept. I need to know what location is closest to the food court without paying for preferred location. Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

DrummerAlly

Everyone has their own opinion, but I also think that just about anywhere is a good location at Pop. We stayed in the 80's section right next to Roger Rabbit and thought the walk was fine (~3 minutes to walk to the main building).

If you want to be close, but not too close, request a room in the 50's or 70's buildings.

Upvote 0

alanbrai

last summer i stayed in the 70's 2 door down from the Mickey Phone on the third floor. Was very guiet, except for my neighbors kept come thru the connecting room door (my brother and his Girl Friend at the time). The walks to the food court area, bus stops and even Hippy Dippy Pool were all about 2 - 3 minutes. The Bus Stops are on the 70's side of classic hall so if you stayed at the 50's you would have a little more of a walk.

enjoy your trip
Love Pop Century

Upvote 0

bugsbunny

Dont know where to post this but we are staying at Carribean Beach Resort for the first time in Sept. I need to know what location is closest to the food court without paying for preferred location. Any help would be appreciated.

Another resort where anything more than one building away from the food court might as well be 10 miles away.

Stayed there first week of Dec 09. Between the horrific bus service and the distance from our room to the food court, it was basically 90-120 minutes from the time I walked out my room until I got to a park. Even though you have your own pool at each building, the good one is next to the food court.

Im a big fan of POR and CB pales in comparison, IMHO. At least at POR, you can get a preferred room and be on top of things. At CB, its either a 1/2 mile walk or a bus WITHIN you own resort! The fact you need to walk 200 yards just to get to your own bus stop and then ride that to the food court, its a ridiculous consumption of time each day.

And everybody else at CB is doing the same thing. The resort has like 7 bus stops becuase its so big. But in the morning, so many people are at the food court and now a large part of the resort's occupants are cramming for just ONE bus stop.

It took about 2 days of that for me to realize that it was just better to take a bus to a park and attempt to eat breakfast there. One day, I tried to go AK to ride EE first thing in the morning. I waited 45 minutes for a bus....just to have 2 scooters pull up with their 15 person entourage! And the bus that pulled up was full!! What a great day that was!

My room had all kinds of problems. The fan hummed, an outlet box pulled out of the wall, my toilet wasn't bolted to the floor and they had to pull it and reseat it, my fridge died on the first night spoiling $50 worth of food I had delivered by gardengrocer.com, and my door wouldn't shut properly and would stick.

Other than that, I loved CB! :ROFLOL: I did complain to WDW and they did hook me up with 4 3-day hopper passes. Regardless, I think POR or POFQ is a better bang for the buck when it comes to moderates.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

60's....

60's building. It's close to the pool and the main builiding which makes it close to the busses if you use them. Plus my kids (then 9 & 5) loved it! Giant Yo-Yo's on the end of the building where the staircases are, they just loved it. :)

Upvote 0

JillC LI

We stayed at CBR last October and loved it. We had the same preference as you: close to the food court without paying for a preferred room. We requested a room in either Jamaica or Aruba CLOSE TO THE FOOTBRIDGE. It was less than a 5 minute walk from our room over the bridge to the food court and main pool area. Plus you really get a feel for the resort when you walk over the footbridge.

Although some people complain about bus waits at CBR, we had a rental car so I can't comment on that. However, if your main concern is a short walk to the food court, just ask for Jamaica or Aruba by the footbridge.

Upvote 0
50's is by far our favorite. If you stay on the backside of the buildings, you don't face the pool but are literally a few hundred feet from it ;) 60's is a great location as well - very close to the front of the resort and the bus stop/cafe. Bus service is awesome there!!!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom