Pop Century Room Rehab

cdeev8690

I like the look for a standard hotel room but not quite a Pop Century vibe to me. I'm sure there will be some specific decade flare added in to each building. If it's queens that are being added, it will be a welcome sight! That's honestly what turned me to AoA for my upcoming trip in December, so my partner and I could sleep comfortably.

Stevek

Those rooms look horrible. Who wants to stay in a college dorm looking room while on vacation? Different strokes for different folks I guess.
We thought that as well which is why we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge on our first visit. We quickly realized that we were spending so little time in the room or even the resort they the room didn't really matter. The second trip we decided to stay at pop as the money savings was significant. We loved it. Super convenient, good dining area for quick eats in the AM and even with a family of four, the room worked just fine. Yes, it's small and the beds were a little less roomy but all things considered I would not hesitate to stay there again. Now if money were no object, heck yeah I would stay someplace bigger and nicer.

aprincessatlasst

Honestly I am quite surprised with how many likes this refurb is getting so far. I have often heard many compare the values to a Motel 6 which I never thought was warranted.......unitl now:eek: Actually I think Motel 6 might be a little nicer as at least there is color.https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...humbnailMinWidth=50&cnt=30&offset=-1&filter=2
Throw a mickey picture on the wall and there is not much difference.

Laminate flooring really? Couldn't they have used tile that looks like wood or something if they were going for a streamlined surface look. It just blends into the laminate on the wall. Definitely has a value feel if that is what they were going for. Looks like a cheap Airbnb rental! Yikes I could go on and on.

Stevek

I'd wager that the flooring is a low-pile liner patterned carpet, not laminate or other hard surface flooring. Fall prevention and noise concerns are more than enough to keep carpet in hotel rooms.
I think so too. I can't see them doing any type of wood flooring.

Cartoons626

When are these refurbishments going to start happening?
I'm going in september, do you think construction noise is going to be an issue?
Not sure how I feel about the new design, a refurbishement is good but I like having two real beds, I've never slept in a bed that can flip back into a wall :/

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'd wager that the flooring is a low-pile liner patterned carpet, not laminate or other hard surface flooring. Fall prevention and noise concerns are more than enough to keep carpet in hotel rooms.

unspecified.jpg

CDavid

Much, much worse than anything I might possibly have expected.

Who designs these rehabs, and have they ever stayed in a hotel before, or perhaps even seen a hotel room in pictures? Because almost anyone could have done a better job. The refurbishment of the Grand Floridian made it more closely resemble a glorified Hampton Inn; Did they actually try to do a worse job here or something?

It's awful.

matt9112

Weird, I actually liked it. And Murphy beds are great - these rooms usually have kids, so more space the better. Reminds me of Art of Animations Murphy bed.

was going to say Murphy is likely alot more flexible for familys. (we currently stay with family while going through home buying process and our sons bed folds in half and rolls away).

i really like the mickey fixture above bed but i dislike the color/tone of the wood granted it fits the time period. (reminds me if school furniture and im only 26 how sad)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom