Pop Century Room Rehab

Cmdr_Crimson

I am solo too but this look looks horrible. Unless it is 50 percent off a double im not interested. My carnival cruise category 1a looks better.

Well, I've seen both versions before this...And it looks better IMO..

2003 Version
pop2.jpg

2010 Version
pop-century-resort-standard-room.jpg

2013 Comforter removal
2241284-Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort-Guest-Room-3-RTS.jpg

ssidiouss@mac.c

That proposed new Pop room looks horrible.. Pop use to be one of my favs.. stayed there so many times but whatever that pic is.. it looks nothing like what drew me to the Pop in the first place. Cabana Bay at Universal is a fantastic successor to the Pop Century though.. takes everything that was cool about the Pop to the next level and adds in a bunch of extras like a 50s Bowling Alley, 50s food court, Inner Tubes in the Pools, Hot Tubs, Lazy River etc. Not to mention they have 2 different outside movies every night where as the Pop was skipping some days the last time I went. Also the theming and resort specific merchandise reminds me of disney days of old.. before the Disney Parks dumbing down trend years ago.

Cabana Bay room:
Universals-Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Shulman-Associates-7.jpg

Last edited:

Kiwiduck

I like the wall colour, plain floor, sliding door instead of curtain and think the Mickey mice light feature and runner are fun without being garish or too childish. I would love to see the rest of the room. This room has quite a 70s vibe, I wonder if it they plan to have slightly different rooms for each decade?

ssidiouss@mac.c

I like the wall colour, plain floor, sliding door instead of curtain and think the Mickey mice light feature and runner are fun without being garish or too childish. I would love to see the rest of the room. This room has quite a 70s vibe, I wonder if it they plan to have slightly different rooms for each decade?

Huh.. am i looking at the wrong photo? The proposed one just looked like an all white plain no-frills bland room?

Kiwiduck

Huh.. am i looking at the wrong photo? The proposed one just looked like an all white plain no-frills bland room?

I think we are looking at the same photo, just seeing it through different eyes :)

Mike S

I don't really know what to think of this except for the loss of the second bed. Are they being removed? Disney Values are what they are I guess. If only the price reflected that a bit more.
That proposed new Pop room looks horrible.. Pop use to be one of my favs.. stayed there so many times but whatever that pic is.. it looks nothing like what drew me to the Pop in the first place. Cabana Bay at Universal is a fantastic successor to the Pop Century though.. takes everything that was cool about the Pop to the next level and adds in a bunch of extras like a 50s Bowling Alley, 50s food court, Inner Tubes in the Pools, Hot Tubs, Lazy River etc. Not to mention they have 2 different outside movies every night where as the Pop was skipping some days the last time I went. Also the theming and resort specific merchandise reminds me of disney days of old.. before the Disney Parks dumbing down trend years ago.

Cabana Bay room:
Universals-Cabana-Bay-Beach-Resort-Shulman-Associates-7.jpg
Agreed about Cabana Bay 100%

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes

Thanks for the pics! Not a fan of Murphy bed appearance and what appears to be white on white walls. Would be vastly improved with a little hint of color on walls. I know there have been complaints about the rooms resort wide being too dark in past, so perhaps they went to opposite extreme?

I do like the bed runner and the light fixture is kinda cool

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't really know what to think of this except for the loss of the second bed. Are they being removed? Disney Values are what they are I guess. If only the price reflected that a bit more.

Agreed about Cabana Bay 100%

The second bed appears to be a murphy bed behind the desk. They did something similar at Art of Animation in the Cars rooms.

Disone

How could a murphy bed possibly be better than 2 full sized beds??? I think it's awful.
I think I have your answer. I believe the new beds are Queens not fulls. It's a queen size bed and a queen or full murphy. But this is just me guessing. I know at All-Star Music as they're doing their refurbishment the rooms there are in fact getting two queen-size beds to replace the two full size beds but they've had some feedback regarding how much floor space that took. I'm guessing this allows them to take advantage of a nice open floor space during the day, but still comfortably sleep four at night without using a dreaded sofa bed. The feedback from Art of Animation are has been the murphy beds comfort are vastly superior to the sofa beds. Which doesn't surprise me because honestly, once it's pulled down a Murphy bed is a legit mattress on a bed box versus a mattress on a box spring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom