Pop Century Question

pop lover

We are heading to Pop in 2 weeks and was wondering if all rooms have fridges in them now and also do they play outdoor movies in the night time which i thought i read about a couple of months ago?

Gig 'Em Mickey

According to several other threads here recently (sorr can't find them) they do all have fridges now, and if it doesn't you can call the desk and have one brought to you. They say they are pretty small though, and don't have freezers, just a chiller basically.

But short answer, yes. And if not, call the desk and they'll bring you one.

We are also at POP starting on the 6th for a week! Have fun!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Can someone staying at Pop Century soon take a photo pf the fridges and post it? I'd like to see if these are like the older "college dorm" fridges or if they are something new.

Upvote 0

timeman

I just arrived today and the room I got doesn't have a fridge yet, but they do have a place for it in the dresser. I don't need it tonight, but I am going to ask if I can get one tomorrow. I will post how that goes and try to post a picture of it. The other thing is that the rooms at POP do have free Wi-Fi now even if Disney hasn't officially announced it yet and there is a flyer in the room letting you know how to connect to it. They have also updated their channels that you get on the TV and it is thru DirecTV. The one thing that like compared to before is that the guide channel actually tells you what is on each channel as it scrolls thru them. They do have the nighttime movies and poolside activities. When you check in they included a page that list what the activities are and the times along with the movies. The movies and the activities occur near the Hippy Dippy Pool.

Upvote 0
yes fridges but cooler size

they are so tiny it almost seemed like a joke. do yourself a fav bring a cooler and get ice there free. i also dont like how staff told me there was no microwave to reheat my child food he couldnt finish earlier, then i walked into food court and saw a guest eating a t.v dinner, so there is a micro and i was lied to. from that day forward i swore even if i had to buy a cheap tiny micro and put in trunk , i wont let GREEDY disney get one over on me AGAIN, please bring coolers and freeze your drinks like capri suns to fight back. also i might even sit down with some frozen dinners in the middle of food court to inspire others to spread the word. stop being so GREEDY

Upvote 0

Coree

We were there a few weeks ago. Yes, the fridges are small, but we were able to fit several drinks in there, which was really all we wanted it for. It was great to have something after not having one for so many years there!

Upvote 0

timeman

There are supposed to be fridges in all the value rooms by the end of April. People have posted here that they have requested a fridge at POP in the last month and there is no charge anymore. There use to be a charge for them , but that has now changed along with free Internet at the Values.

Upvote 0

gators11

The rooms at Pop do NOT have refrigerators in them. Yes you can get one but they will add 10$ per day to your bill upon checkout.

They changed that around the beginning of March. Every room will come standard with a refrigerator for no extra fee. They may not have completed installing them yet.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

So are these the fridges they are putting in or are the new ones even smaller than this?

filename-suite3-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

Upvote 0

SMS55

As of November they had to be requested. There was a charge for them unless they are for medical purposes in which case it's free. When we checked in and requested it, the lady taking care of us asked if it was for medical purposes in a manner like trying to get us to say "yes." When we did she said "alright, in that case it's complimentary."

Upvote 0

I_heart_Tigger

So are these the fridges they are putting in or are the new ones even smaller than this?

filename-suite3-jpg-thumbnail0.jpg

The fridge I had last week at Pop seemed to be the same size, it was in the room and free. I was in 50's section, a friend was in the 80's section and also had the fridge in the room...it doesn't need to be requested and there is no charge.

It held 5 or 6 drinks (water, Gatorade etc), 6 desserts (carrot cakes, muffins, brownies etc from the food court), a 9 inch round cake plus some room to spare. Certainly an adequate size for most peoples basic needs, I would think. It kept things nice and cold - the drinks were perfect after a hot day.

I asked about microwaves as well and was told not in the room but in the food court, not sure if the previous post re: microwaves was maybe misinterpreted by the CM thinking they expected a microwave in the room but they are still in the food court as always.

Internet was free, slow and frequently disconnects. I only used it for an hour or two each evening and it was not unusual for it to disconnect 4 or 5 times.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

The fridge I had last week at Pop seemed to be the same size, it was in the room and free. I was in 50's section, a friend was in the 80's section and also had the fridge in the room...it doesn't need to be requested and there is no charge.

It held 5 or 6 drinks (water, Gatorade etc), 6 desserts (carrot cakes, muffins, brownies etc from the food court), a 9 inch round cake plus some room to spare. Certainly an adequate size for most peoples basic needs, I would think. It kept things nice and cold - the drinks were perfect after a hot day.

Thanks. :) We just need something big enough to hold 4 drinks at a time. 4 for when we get up in the morning before the parks (Juice), and then 4 for when we get back at night. We stop by Walmart down I-4 and get cold breakfast stuff and juice. Up until now, if we stayed at a Value, I would take a Disney bag, put the drinks in that, fill it with ice, and then set it in the sink so when the ice melted it would drain away. Now I don't have to do that any more. :)

Internet was free, slow and frequently disconnects. I only used it for an hour or two each evening and it was not unusual for it to disconnect 4 or 5 times.

That's no big deal. I tether off my 4G phone and that is faster than most public WiFi spots anyway.

Thanks. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

They seem like the same fridge you get in a moderate room.. they aren't that awfully small like some people are saying. They are normal mini fridge's just like if you requested and paid for one before. They hold plenty of drinks and snacks.. it does the job just fine.

Upvote 0
Just to clarify since this thread has some misinformation in it - refrigerators are either already in all of the rooms or will be shortly. They do not cost any extra to have anymore (used to be $10 per day). If your room doesn't have one you can request it and they will put a new one in at no cost. These refrigerators are new (when we went at the end of March our room in the 50s had just gotten its refrigerator and the manual was still in it). They are not any more "tiny" than any other compact cube refrigerator... we had about 10 bottles of beer and several bottles of water in it. The refrigerators are made by Avanti and are either this model or very similar: http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/457

Upvote 0

graphite1326

Sounds good to me. All I need is a place to store some milk for my morning cereal. Prevously I had to walk to the food court and back just for some milk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom