Pop Century or Coronada Springs for March '06?

Cindyrella

I recently made a reservation for March 20-23 at Pop Century (using my AP.) Even though I really like PC, I'm thinking I may like CS as it is the only moderate I have not stayed in. Does anyone have any thoughts on Coronada Springs? Is it worth the extra $$$. I also have the DDE which gives me the discount at PC food court. We stayed at Pop and PORS in January and at POFQ in February. Thanks for any input!

shoppingnut

While I like the CS hotel itself and the pool is awesome, I really don't particularly care for the Peppermill Market food court. It is not run like the other food courts.

Upvote 0

bhg469

I love coronoado because it is so laid back, the foud court doesnt work like every other one but its really really good. Great breakfast buffet and at the end of the night you will be happy that your bus only has 60 people on it and every other resort has 300 people waiting for their own resort. The transportation there is hands down the best of ANY resort.

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I do believe that the Coronado food court is actually run by an outside company. I think that they have a service charge there also.

CS is a beautiful resort, especially if you can get a water view room.

If you can afford it, go for it. I have many clients who will not stay anywhere else.

Pam

Upvote 0

Lefty

Well I've been doing a ton of research on both resorts, but I haven't really been to either.

I'm staying at PC from March 3-6...It's cheaper and less extravagant, but from what i hear Coronado is not so much better that you should spend a couple extra hundred (total).

However, the other moderate resorts have specials going on right now (I'm not sure, if may have only been through AAA). Carribbean and Port Orleans would have only costed me an extra 130 for the entire trip. I chose to use that money for food and what not...But it's really a great deal for slightly more money.

Upvote 0

dumboflyer

During March, when the parks have longer hours, it's not worth it to me to stay at a moderate. The amount of time I spend at the hotels when I go makes the added cost of the moderate not worthwhile. If you're the type of person who spends a good amount of time at the hotel (using the pools, lounging, recreation, etc.), then maybe the moderates are worth it. But if, like me, you consider the hotel as only the place you sleep and you'd rather be in the parks, then don't pay extra for CS.

Upvote 0

StarScream86

Coronado Springs:
this is where i stay,i think its great there,love the mayan pool,the southwest theme,food is pretty good too,and a beautiful little lake.
if you stay here,choose castisas,its close to the lobby and the first bus stop and the main restuarant.

Upvote 0

leeseem

Coronado

Just visited CS in December and absolutely loved it! The resort is quite large, but the grounds are so beautiful that it makes for lovely walks. If you are too tired to walk back to your room after a long day, their internal transportation is great. We were always able to catch a tram from the main lobby area at any time over to the farthest Rancho's section. The pool areas are beautiful. This trip we factored in a day to enjoy resort; glad we did! My vote is for CS. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

bhg469

By the way if you want to avoid the service charge for the food court take your food to the room. they give you a to go card and you have it stamped at each counter then you just cash out as you leave.. That avoids the gratuity.

Upvote 0

sgmco

As far as the Coronado, I'll agree with everyone that the grounds are beautiful, but the food court is a mess, and the people who work at the food court can be very rude at times. Also, it's a tad out of the way, as resorts go, and heaven forbid if you get stuck over in the Ranchos, which are a considerable schlep to the main area. If the choice is between that and Pop, I say go with Pop--or maybe head over to Carribbean Beach or French Quarter which are better Moderate Resorts.

Upvote 0

righttrack

Call me different, but I like CS FOR the food court. The Pepper Market has great variety, and the food is very fresh and high quality. Yes, the service charge is bothersome, but a step up in quality comes at a cost.

Upvote 0

GoofyGuySouthFl

We have stayed at CS several times. We would choose it over any value resort, and we have stayed at them all. It is however not my favorite moderate resort we prefer PO. I would have to disagree with some people here as I liked the way this food court is operated and the food is on par with other resorts. As for it being out of the way it is no more out of the way than Pop. You'll enjoy CS have fun!

Upvote 0

bears163

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I do believe that the Coronado food court is actually run by an outside company. I think that they have a service charge there also.

CS is a beautiful resort, especially if you can get a water view room.

If you can afford it, go for it. I have many clients who will not stay anywhere else.

Pam

yup it is pam. pam has helped me before & we loved CSR. if we had not bought the DVC we would have stayed there again for sure. the pool was great the buses were perfect. just a great time from start till the end. can't go wrong

Upvote 0

SusanAnne

I have stayed at both resorts, and I feel the CS is a much nicer resort. It is worth the extra cost. Yes the food court is different, but it also makes it nice. The views over there are much nicer, and its not as busy as the POP. Enjoy your stay

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

What Coronado Springs gives you that you won't get at Pop:

1. A more spacious room
2. Higher quality room furniture
3. The Mickey Mouse shampoos
4. Health club
5. A pool with a water slide and hot tub
6. Top notch bus service to the parks
7. A sit down restaurant
8. In room coffee pot & hair dryer

There are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Upvote 0

bhg469

MKCP 1985 said:
What Coronado Springs gives you that you won't get at Pop:

1. A more spacious room
2. Higher quality room furniture
3. The Mickey Mouse shampoos
4. Health club
5. A pool with a water slide and hot tub
6. Top notch bus service to the parks
7. A sit down restaurant
8. In room coffee pot & hair dryer

There are others, but those are the ones that immediately come to mind.

2 quiet pools as well. Reading this thread makes me want to be there right now :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom