Pop Century and Food Question

Dayzie914

I was wondering what the best building would be to stay in to be close to the lobby (food court) and the busses?

Also, how much money would one estamate it would cost if we did food court breakfasts (we are also going to get some groceries for breakfast and bottled water delivered), lunch in the park (pizza, burger) and dinner at the food court or in the park (but cheap, not many sit down resturants). I will be 18 (just graduating) and going with my friend who will be finishing her freshman year in college and want to go as cheap as possible ( we are already getting estamates of about $900-$1000 for the air, hotel and tickets).

Thanks

SewIn2Disney

Thomas's makes un-frozen bagels which travel well. The food court has tosters that you can use to toast them if you wish, and butter is free, and I think cream cheese is 50 cents. When my two friends and I went (on a college student budget) we brought two bags of them, and that combined with the resort mug (unlimited refils) saved us a ton!
Brita water bottle saves a ton on water too! It has it's own filtration system built in, so you can take any water and make it drinkable.

Upvote 0

LaughingGravy

We very nicely asked for the 50's-top-floor (any building) when we arrived. We ended up facing Epcot and also had a very quiet room at the back corner overlooking a parking lot and the lake.
The extra distance amounts to a minute or two at most compared to what they call a premium location and want to charge you extra. If you look at a map of Pop Century, it just isn't that big. Caribbean Beach Resort is big!

Carrying the little one asleep was tiring in the evening, but beyond that, it was fine.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

We stayed at Pop in the 80s building, take the shortcut past one of the other buildings and you arre at the food court in about 3 mins.

Breakfast is actually pretty good at Pop. I got a Pop waffle, bacon and juice for less than $7. You also have a choice of what to have at each station. There is breakfast pizza, omelettes and such. You can definately spend less than $10 for breakfast at Pop a day. And if you are having water delivered, forgo the drink and you saved some money there too. If you get disposable cups you can have one to use for water, or if you bring hot cups and some beverage of your choice, you can make coffee, tea, hot chocolate and no need to have to boil your own water, just get it right there. And if you wanted a quick bite on the go, they have donuts, bagels, danish for less than $3 (thinking around $2 or so)

We would have dinner there occassionally as well, really like the chicken alfredo (chicken, pasta, garlic stick) and it was less than $10. On dining plan you can get that, dessert and a drink. We usually get the dining plan as it actually saves us money in the end. Since you can get say your breakfast as a counter, dinner as a sit down and have snacks to tide you over in between until you have dinner. (which is appetizer, entree, drink and dessert on the dining plan)

You can have some bread, pb&j and make them before heading to the parks and there is lunch. We stayed somewhere once where we didn't need the extra expense of a fridge, so we took a trash can bag and filled it with ice to keep our sodas or milk cold until needed each day or you can bring a collapsible cooler in your suitcase and fill that with ice to keep things cold for a little while. Or if you are able to take a cab to the store, pick up a styrofoam cooler and all the other stuff you want. Get the bowls of cereal or buy a box and bowls and spoons (disposable of course), snacks, bread, if you have a cooler you can get lunch meat even.

You can definately have a great trip and not spend a fortune on food while staying at Pop.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Dayzie914 said:
Thanks so much...I never knew about Pizza Hut or Dominos, thats a great tip

Where do they have maps of the resorts?

One other thing...is it worth to get a Plus Pack if we are only going to Blizzard Beach and possibly going to Disney Quest (cant go to Pleasure Island and what exactly is the Sports Complex)?

Thanks...:wave:

I would also suggest you consider the dining plan. You will know the exact price and not have to worry about it during your stay, and you will get to have a real nice dinner each night.

I think you should forget the Plus Pack. Don't waste your time or money on DisneyQuest...it's really nothing special to take up time or money. The water parks are fine, but its easiest just to buy the day ticket.

The disney sports complex is just that, a series of many, many (beautifully kept) sports fields along with a large baseball stadium where the Atlanta Braves have their spring training. These fields are used by various tournaments and "sports camps" or spring training for baseball, softball, lacrosse, basketball, track and just about everything else. While many see spring training, the only people that pay the exhorbitant ($18 I think) fee for other sports are parents.

Upvote 0

DisneySam

We are booked in the 60's Building. The only other time I have stayed Value-on property- was at ASMusic and it was not pleasant walking from the bus stop way back to the country fair where our room was, so I went ahead and booked preferred at POP. [I can't wait to go!]

We usually take snacks for breakfast like granola or pop tarts, but this trip, on Monday am...I have a rice krispie treat at the Animal Kingdom and a hot cup of mocha cappucino with my name on it! [Breakfast of Champions or should I say Park Hoppers.] LOL.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom