Pop Century and Food Question

Dayzie914

I was wondering what the best building would be to stay in to be close to the lobby (food court) and the busses?

Also, how much money would one estamate it would cost if we did food court breakfasts (we are also going to get some groceries for breakfast and bottled water delivered), lunch in the park (pizza, burger) and dinner at the food court or in the park (but cheap, not many sit down resturants). I will be 18 (just graduating) and going with my friend who will be finishing her freshman year in college and want to go as cheap as possible ( we are already getting estamates of about $900-$1000 for the air, hotel and tickets).

Thanks

nicholas

For the closest proximity to the main building, you'll want to stay in the 60's decades, but those are also considered prefered location and are a teensy bit more expensive. About 10 dollars more, I think. Or if you can get building 1 in the 50's, it's pretty close too.

I never had breakfast at POP in my four stays there, so I don't know the exact prices, but it might be cheaper to bring things like breakfast bars and what not from home and just eat those for breakfast.

Enjoy POP, it's great!

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Look at a map of Pop Century. There are quite a few buildings other than the 60s that are close to the food court.

Remember also that you can call a local pizza place (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc) and get pizza delivered to your room--much cheaper than pizza from the food court (which you can also get delivered to your room). I'm assuming you won't have a car since you're only 18.

Stock up on spray cheese and crackers, peanut butter, granola bars, etc. Slip food into your pockets for the parks.

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
Thanks so much...I never knew about Pizza Hut or Dominos, thats a great tip

Where do they have maps of the resorts?

One other thing...is it worth to get a Plus Pack if we are only going to Blizzard Beach and possibly going to Disney Quest (cant go to Pleasure Island and what exactly is the Sports Complex)?

Thanks...:wave:

Upvote 0

Woody13

Yellow Shoes said:
Look at a map of Pop Century. There are quite a few buildings other than the 60s that are close to the food court.

Remember also that you can call a local pizza place (Domino's, Pizza Hut, etc) and get pizza delivered to your room--much cheaper than pizza from the food court (which you can also get delivered to your room). I'm assuming you won't have a car since you're only 18.

Stock up on spray cheese and crackers, peanut butter, granola bars, etc. Slip food into your pockets for the parks.

Good advice. It also sounds like the voice of experience! :wave:

Upvote 0

nicholas

here's a map

Attachments

• popcentury.jpg
    popcentury.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 88
Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Dayzie914 said:
I was wondering what the best building would be to stay in to be close to the lobby (food court) and the busses?

Also, how much money would one estamate it would cost if we did food court breakfasts (we are also going to get some groceries for breakfast and bottled water delivered), lunch in the park (pizza, burger) and dinner at the food court or in the park (but cheap, not many sit down resturants). I will be 18 (just graduating) and going with my friend who will be finishing her freshman year in college and want to go as cheap as possible ( we are already getting estamates of about $900-$1000 for the air, hotel and tickets).

Thanks
In the interest of being able to budget pretty well, have you looked into the MYW dining program? It is $35.00 (plus tax) and incl;udes a counter service meal, a snack, and a sit down dinner per person for each night of your stay. Let me know if you need more info on this option. Belle

Upvote 0

AEfx

If you want to be absolutely closest, ask for 50's A. Most of the rooms there are closer than the "prefered" rooms of the 60's. I stayed on the very end of 50's A and I could have tossed a coin and hit the roof of the main building. Made it very easy to run over and get one last late-night refill on the mugs - took about three minutes from door to door.

AEfx

Upvote 0

savannahsmiles

We stayed in the 50's section. I think it was building 1 - it was right next to the food hall - very convenient. We bring breakfast foods, but a couple of mornings my daughter wanted something else. I think the kids waffle with sausage was around $3.00 and change.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

Dayzie914 said:
One other thing...is it worth to get a Plus Pack if we are only going to Blizzard Beach and possibly going to Disney Quest (cant go to Pleasure Island and what exactly is the Sports Complex)?

Thanks...:wave:

I think that depends on how long your trip is. If you're only going for 4 or 5 days, you might have enough to do in the main parks to not warrant going anywhere else, you know? But if you're going for a week or more, you might want the options of going to other places. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can get in some of the PI clubs, most notably Comedy Warehouse & Adventurer's Club. They're more like cabaret/theater than nightclubs, and a lot of fun.

Also, if you can afford to upgrade to a moderate resort, refrigerators are now free. They may even already be in the room, though you may have to request them. That could save you some money by being able to keep milk and juice and stuff like that cold.

Upvote 0

wannab@dis

We've stayed in the 80's "B" section and cut across the parking lot to the main building. Took just a couple of minutes to be at the bus stops and the food court.

The breakfast meals at the food court are pretty good. We ate there most days unless we had plans for a character meal. The prices are not bad and the quality is good. We have eaten in the rooms on prior trips, but this last trip, we enjoyed the food court.

Upvote 0

Boo's Mom

We stayed at Pop in August. We always take cereals and other breakfast items down with us when we go. We go up to the gift shop/cafeteria and get milk for the cereal and it saves a lot of money. Its definitely cheaper to take snacks and breakfast stuff because the prices are so high, plus if you eat breakfast in the room, you can get to the parks quicker. We normally wake up, get dressed, eat, then head out to the parks. Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

foxfire

I stayed in the 60's bldg. and it was a short walk to the lobby. Food there is $$, I spent over $10 on breakfast when there...not sure how much lunch/dinner runs. Then again, food anywhere on property runs high.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

I would either bring food with me in the room for breakfast and snacks or go with the meal plan which Belle mentioned is $35/day. When you consider that a counter service meal for lunch/dinner is about $10 and a snack (popcorn, ice cream, and soda/water) is $3.00, the $35 is well worth it because you do get a sit down mean which alone could cost $30. I've stayed at Pop in the 50's building and found it to be very close to the main bldg. The 90's I was in once and found that to be very far away.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

Yes, $35 a day per adult, so $70 for two adults. If you check out www.allearsnet.com you can check the prices of any of the sit down or character meals you wish to do and it might help in deciding if the plan is right for you.

What I would consider for your meal costs (1) if we eat two (whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner) counter services it will be about $20; (2) if it is hot out or just want a snack in a park and we buy something that's $3.00; (3) What is the cost of the groceries we are buying or having delivered, divide that cost by the days you're staying? (4) if we are going to have a sit down meal at least once or twice, figure the cost add everything up and divide by the days you are there; and (5) if we decided to have pizza delivered to the room, that will be probably at least be another $10. So, with 2 counter service meals and pizza deliver, you are paying $30 for pizza, hamburgers and hot dogs. If I am not mistaken, you can buy the dining package for a shorter amount of days then you are staying, so if you are flying in late one day and leaving earlier on the last, you wouldn't want to buy the package for those days.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I stayed in the farthest corner of the 80s building. In fact we could see the welcome arch on 192 from our door but even there its not a long walk when you consider the total amount of walking you will do in a day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom