Poor Mission: Space

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I mean I knew EC had big problems, but until now didn't think M:S was one of them! Now, I see EC has big, big problems that are even worse!

There seems to be many like me. Did it, didn't enjoy the experience or the residual lingering feeling after, just not that great of an attraction to be worth the physical trade offs. 4 for 4 of us, we don't bother riding any side any longer but we were not scared off from trying initially. Much better attractions in the World. Wouldn't matter if it was a walk on or a long queue.

bethymouse

I was just on M:S and didn't smell any vomit. I was pretty disappointed I wasn't able to ride. The console came back and once it hit my belly, it would reverse. They couldn't get it to secure, so I couldn't ride. Guess I gotta lose some weight before my next trip!!
Oh dear. I do feel your pain. I am sorry you couldn't ride. I am overweight myself, and I certainly understand. You didn't really miss a whole lot. I enjoy the ride, but my 1 boy will only ride the green side. I do love Disney though because I am able to ride all of the rides- tight fit some, but still able to ride.

Goofyernmost

I have a FP+ for it in early June. Never been on it, so I'll brave the green version first.
I have mild COPD and although I enjoy the orange side, I find that breathing can be a challenge during lift of and the sling around the moon. It's nothing terminal, but, I am more comfortable, breathing wise, on the green side. And I enjoy the story just as much. It's the same story without the breathing problems. It's all good.

rct247

My prediction is that Avatarland will become the next Mission: Space. It will looks beautiful. It will still hold up pretty well after a decade. It will still be a pretty cool experience, but the crowds will fail to last very long.

FettFan

My prediction is that Avatarland will become the next Mission: Space. It will looks beautiful. It will still hold up pretty well after a decade. It will still be a pretty cool experience, but the crowds will fail to last very long.

At which point they refurb it into Beastly Kingdom. :D

wonderstruck

As someone who used to work there, the conception the OP seems to have that people are always getting sick on this ride is definitely incorrect. Does is happen sometimes? Sure. But it is certainly not a frequent thing, the large majority of my shifts we would not have one single person get sick. That was a few years ago, but I have no reason to think it would have changed since then.

Goofyernmost

I think that MS had a much lower point in it's history. It started out big and after the "incidents" happened it because almost a deserted location until enough time passed with no more casualties and has been building back up since then. It's still not back up to potential, but it is better then it once was.

WDWVolFan

M:S is awesome! I didn't throw up but felt weird afterwards and hung around the post-show are for a while and let my son play there...
The pressure on your chest during take-off is fantastic.

someone mentioned a Shuttle launch attraction at Kennedy Space Center? Say what? I have to ride that one!

mikeymouse

Oh dear. I do feel your pain. I am sorry you couldn't ride. I am overweight myself, and I certainly understand. You didn't really miss a whole lot. I enjoy the ride, but my 1 boy will only ride the green side. I do love Disney though because I am able to ride all of the rides- tight fit some, but still able to ride.

Thanks. I couldn't understand it since I have been on it before. I didn't think the ride car was that sensitive.

Chef Mickey

The G-Force is somewhat intense, but nothing crazy. The deaths were all pre-existing conditions that the ride unfortunately uncovered. The sustained G force is the difference because you're experiencing greater forces on many other rollercoasters in other parks, only its duration is much shorter.

I do think the incidents hurt the traffic and perception of the ride, but it's certainly an experience unlike anything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom