Poor Mission: Space

Communicore

You should have seen this board when MS was in construction, testing, and opening phases. Dozens and dozens of usernamaes popped up with "ISTC, MS, MissionSpace, Space, etc" and all praised the ride for being "the first true F-ticket ride." Talking about the "mounting suspense" as you went room to room by preshow, and how elaborate the post show was. I remember being amazed at these descriptions.

It's not an F-ticket. Especially when you empty out into a centrifuge and down a long, white walled, carpeted hallway.

It's a fun ride, yes, and I will always ride the intense side, but I do smirk when I compare the comments from now to then.
More like a F this ticket!

NearTheEars

I would ride M:S over that overblown car commercial of a ride any day of the year, week, month, century, etc. Hands down is the most immersive surreal launch experience available to the public anywhere. Great queue to show off history and space technology and actually learn something; I understand that many are turned off to learning in 2014, though.

Never have a smelt vomit or seen anyone vomit on that ride, RnR on the other hand I have seen many puke their guts out afterwards. M:S > all.

Have you done the new shuttle launch attraction at Kennedy Space Center yet? It's pretty neat, but more shaking than spinning.

FettFan

I just rode MS last week and didn't smell anything. Even sat on the benches across from the entrance for 15 minutes... no puke smell, only the scent of flowers from the f&g festival.
Personally, I have gotten a little light headed once but never sick.

Honestly, I don't understand turning on a ride you "defended" just because someone may have gotten sick while you were there. (you even said, that you smelled it but not the person you were with)

Bingo. The only thing I've ever smelled by Mission Space was the scent of popcorn and pretzels being sold on the main walkway between MS and Innoventions East.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Probably in the minority here, but I actually enjoy MS: Green. I tried Orange once, and didn't care for the spinning. At least for me, Green is still a fun ride, even without the spinning part! :) If nothing else, I'm glad they offer 2 options for this ride.

prberk

Probably in the minority here, but I actually enjoy MS: Green. I tried Orange once, and didn't care for the spinning. At least for me, Green is still a fun ride, even without the spinning part! :) If nothing else, I'm glad they offer 2 options for this ride.

Never ridden the green side. Does it actually do NO spinning (as in, no sense of gravity), or does it just do very light spinning (enough to feel some light gravity, but no intense G-forces at take-off)? Just wondering.

Communicore

That is one of the most intense ferris wheels I've ever done. Might even be scarier than M:S. People were screaming their heads off in the other cars when I rode it.
I was about to go on it when I got a phone call, good thing I didn't ride it as I don't want to throw up lol

ThemeParkJunkee

I love Mission Space. I've never ridden the Green Team side and I haven't smelled vomit. I have, however, witnessed people vomiting in the trash can outside the attraction a time or two. I have ridden it three times in succession without ill effects. Considering the plethora of warnings outside the attraction, I would think someone who shies away from the teacups would know better.

That said, I do understand the PP saying they shouldn't hype an interactive element that doesn't exist. I don't mind "playing along" with my role, but I never believed I was "doing" anything. Others around me have commented on how "lame" it is however.

I do love the sensation of the ride. As mentioned before, "weightlessness" is difficult to simulate in a theme park ride. If you want a real "weightless experience", try the Zero G flights down the road near Kennedy Space Center for $4950 per person plus tax.

pmaljr

IMHO, M:Space is the best ride in Future World. It's really the only "future" ride there and the closest thing most all of us would ever get to space travel. It would be a great shame for it to go away. I've never smelled vomit there.

Goofyernmost

It's a great ride that should stay but it needs a new mission. That shouldn't be difficult.
That I agree with. One of the changes should be that they stop putting you to sleep during the flight. I almost missed my next FP time because I over slept. In fact, I woke up a little slower then the rest and by the time I woke up we had literally crash landed on Mars. I believe that the navagator (or whomever (or possibly whoever) was in charge of pushing the sleep button) might have hit it twice.:eek: That wrecked our ship and we had to walk all the way back from Mars to Epcot. :grumpy: I know if I had been awake, as the pilot, I could have easily landed the thing and it would have been good to head home with. Bad show! :joyfull:

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I was just on that ride last night. I always do the more intense version and I never smell any puke. I like Mission Space a lot.
That's because it is a great ride. As a single rider, whenever I have been on it with folks that have never ridden it, their reaction is always the same and comes out as one word. Wow!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom