Pool Hopping

i<3riviera

it’s really a shame though! the walk from RVA to the CBR (Old Port Royale) is pretty reasonable and the feature pool at CBR is sweet

maybe you can interpret “reservation at the resort” as a quick service dining reservation? ;) we were very tempted last fall but decided against it even though we got food from Centertown market several times

correcaminos

it’s really a shame though! the walk from RVA to the CBR (Old Port Royale) is pretty reasonable and the feature pool at CBR is sweet

maybe you can interpret “reservation at the resort” as a quick service dining reservation? ;) we were very tempted last fall but decided against it even though we got food from Centertown market several times
Joke or not, this is just temporary because of the pandemic. Reservations at resorts are not even close to dining Reservations :p

Don't care for Bay Lake's pool. Water slide was more of a water crawl. Also not too many places to get out of the sun when not in the pool. If there were restrictions on hopping still going on, no one stopped us from leaving Bay Lake to visit other resort pools.

Disneymomof5!!

local DVC owner here chiming in. I have never had any issues with pool hopping and, while it is a perk while staying in any Disney property, we have also taken advantage of it while NIT staying on property. Simply....parking, walking to the pool of choice and, if required, flashing your DVC card. No magic band needed. No cast member has ever questioned us but I always keep a laminated copy of my card as well as my DL nearby in the event they ask.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't care for Bay Lake's pool. Water slide was more of a water crawl. Also not too many places to get out of the sun when not in the pool. If there were restrictions on hopping still going on, no one stopped us from leaving Bay Lake to visit other resort pools.
Fairly certain that’s the worst pool on property...both contemporary ones - actually.

local DVC owner here chiming in. I have never had any issues with pool hopping and, while it is a perk while staying in any Disney property, we have also taken advantage of it while NIT staying on property. Simply....parking, walking to the pool of choice and, if required, flashing your DVC card. No magic band needed. No cast member has ever questioned us but I always keep a laminated copy of my card as well as my DL nearby in the event they ask.
Pretty certain some of the resort pools have a locked gate at the pool that requires a card or magic band to open

i<3riviera

Pretty certain some of the resort pools have a locked gate at the pool that requires a card or magic band to open
yep, if I remember correctly ...

resort​
open​
locked​
OKW​
x​
BWV​
x​
BRV​
x​
BCV​
other​
SAB​
SSR​
x​
AKV​
x​
BLT​
other​
BLT​
VGF​
x​
PVB​
x​
CCV​
x​
RVA​
x​

I believe CB, Pop, and ASx are open access as well

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
yep, if I remember correctly ...

resort​
open​
locked​
OKW​
x​
BWV​
x​
BRV​
x​
BCV​
other​
SAB​
SSR​
x​
AKV​
x​
BLT​
other​
BLT​
VGF​
x​
PVB​
x​
CCV​
x​
RVA​
x​

I believe CB, Pop, and ASx are open access as well
The only moderate or value that I am aware of with a locked door is AoA, and it’s not consistent, and I’m pretty sure it’s just for the main pool.

I believe they added a magic band access gate to Kidani at the main entrance to the pool area but you can still just go in the back entrance (the one with the stairs). I also have no idea if it’s used with any regularity.

nickys

Premium Member
The only moderate or value that I am aware of with a locked door is AoA, and it’s not consistent, and I’m pretty sure it’s just for the main pool.

I believe they added a magic band access gate to Kidani at the main entrance to the pool area but you can still just go in the back entrance (the one with the stairs). I also have no idea if it’s used with any regularity.
The back gate at Kidani was locked back in 2017. We had to use a magic band to enter it from the Rafiki elevator right across the road from it. Whereas the entrance near the fitness room was open.

I think maybe you have it the wrong way round, unless it’s changed.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The back gate at Kidani was locked back in 2017. We had to use a magic band to enter it from the Rafiki elevator right across the road from it. Whereas the entrance near the fitness room was open.

I think maybe you have it the wrong way round, unless it’s changed.
We had the opposite experience in 2019 but it wouldn’t be unlike Disney to be completely inconsistent in how they execute something.

EDIT: or, we both remember the Rafiki door needed a magic band, I wonder if when you were there they were keeping the back gate locked and when I was there they simply weren’t keeping it locked.

i<3riviera

I have the universal key to every pool gate on property...except yacht and beach
so one of these ...

1623447348264.png

source: https://noguiltlife.com/reasons-to-buy-a-universal-orlando-annual-pass/

Raymondraymond

Just to bump this subject back up and to provide an FYI for those interested: according to the front desk at the DVC resort I’m currently attending, pool hopping continues to be disallowed. I checked the link above in the thread and confirmed the advisory on the website, too.

That’s a shame but not completely unexpected.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Just to bump this subject back up and to provide an FYI for those interested: according to the front desk at the DVC resort I’m currently attending, pool hopping continues to be disallowed. I checked the link above in the thread and confirmed the advisory on the website, too.

Which resort?

Pool hopping has always been disallowed at certain resorts.

correcaminos

Interestingly enough I just looked that up for someone else this morning. Still universally suspended for all pools. Granted most of the good pools are disallowed but still

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom