Pool Hopping

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
Is pool hopping currently allowed? I don't see anything on the DVC site saying it's not (although I could have missed it) but I thought I had heard at one point in time that it's not currently allowed because of Covid.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Is pool hopping currently allowed? I don't see anything on the DVC site saying it's not (although I could have missed it) but I thought I had heard at one point in time that it's not currently allowed because of Covid.
I also don't see where it isn't allowed, but why would you want to do it in the first place? Where are you staying?

CaptainAmerica

Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
  • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
They also publish a list of blockout dates but it's all 2020 so that's not helpful.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
  • Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
  • Disney's Art of Animation Resort – pools
  • Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
  • Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
  • Disney's Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
  • Disney's Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
  • Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
They also publish a list of blockout dates but it's all 2020 so that's not helpful.

The list is longer than when I last looked. And animal kingdom lodge should be on it. That’s always restricted.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You can hop to normal resort pools, but not any resort that you'd actually ever bother hopping to.
I couldn't find anything on the regular WDW website that stated pool hopping was allowed. All of the pools now have signs that they are for the exclusive use of the guests at that resort. My understanding is that pool hopping is a DVC perk - not a WDW perk. Of course, I can be completely wrong, as we never stay other than DVC.

CaptainAmerica

I couldn't find anything on the regular WDW website that stated pool hopping was allowed. All of the pools now have signs that they are for the exclusive use of the guests at that resort. Pool hopping is a DVC perk - not a WDW perk.
Yes I know. DVC can hop to non-DVC pools.

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I couldn't find anything on the regular WDW website that stated pool hopping was allowed. All of the pools now have signs that they are for the exclusive use of the guests at that resort. My understanding is that pool hopping is a DVC perk - not a WDW perk. Of course, I can be completely wrong, as we never stay other than DVC.
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:

• The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
When staying on your Membership at any Disney Vacation Club Resort at Walt Disney World Resort or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to take advantage of complimentary alternative pool use, which provides access to:

• The pool or pools at the Disney Vacation Club Resort where you are staying
  • Select pools at Disney Vacation Club Resorts
  • Select pools at Walt Disney World Resort hotels
So it looks like you are free to check out the Caribbean Beach pool, since it isn't on the restricted list. Have fun!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

It’s not on the regular site. It’s been a privilege for vacation club since day one...with exclusions.

nickys

Premium Member
So it looks like you are free to check out the Caribbean Beach pool, since it isn't on the restricted list. Have fun!
Ordinarily they could, but at the moment they can’t.

7) Will Members be able to pool hop?

During this initial reopening period, pool hopping will not be available. Members and Guests must have a reservation at the Resort to enjoy the pool amenities.

Here’s the link to other FAQs about the re-opening, which is still in effect:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom