Pool Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

awallaceunc

If you're staying at a Disney resort, are you allowed to swim in any of the WDW resort hotels? Or only your own? I've never tried this before, but since I plan to make a point of visiting every hotel while I'm down there this time, I thought I might take a dip in a few of the cool pools too if I'm allowed and have time.

-Aaron

Robfasto

Each resort guest is suppose to use only the pools at there resort. However sometimes they don't check id's at the resorts so you can take a dip at your own risk.

The exception to this would be if your resort's pool is being rehabed then you will get a list of other pools you can use.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Pool hopping is an emotive subject in these here parts, if you do a thread search Im sure youll find lots of info, raised hackles and the odd bit of argy bargy. :)

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

The Official Policy....

Each resort pool is for Guests of that resort only. Any Guests not staying at that individual resort will be asked to leave the pool area. Due to issues related to capacity and guest satisfaction, pool hopping is not allowed.

Pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees at all Walt Disney World Resorts. For safety, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers. Pool hours and lifeguard hours vary at each resort, but use of pool slides is prohibited when lifeguard is not on duty.

Since this tends to always be a highly debated issue, as to what is allowed and what one can get away with, I would like to ask a moderater to close this thread. Thank you.

:sohappy:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
CAN you pool hop? Most likely, with a couple of exceptions, you CAN get away with it.

SHOULD you pool hop? Read the above official policy(thank you JPVonDrake), and let your conscience be your guide.

Upvote 0

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Since the question has been answered I'm going to close this thread as a precaution. :wave:

I posted this in a previous pool hopping thread:

I was curious to know Disney's official stance on pool hopping. So I emailed guest relations. Here is the email I recieved in response:

"Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

We appreciate your interest in learning about Walt Disney World Resort recreation pool facilities. Our research has indicated that most of our guests feel it is more important to have swimming space available at the resort in which they are staying, rather than to swim at another resort. We would like to mention that guests are able to enjoy the pools located at the resort in which
they are residing. Our swimming areas are designed to accommodate the number of guests staying at each particular resort. Consequently, the total number of guests staying at the Walt Disney World Resort could potentially create crowded conditions at some of our more popular swimming facilities.

Due to issues related to capacity and guest satisfaction, the pool hopping program for Stormalong Bay, the main feature pool at Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, was discontinued effective July 1, 2002. Disney Vacation Club Members will no longer be able to pool hop to Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts, UNLESS they are staying at these resorts or at Disney's Beach Club Villas. The current pool hopping program at the Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools will continue to be available to Members with the exception of certain restricted dates and/or further capacity issues.

We hope this information will be helpful."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom