Pooh's Playful Spot added to the MK map

JCAEdge21

i personally think it's a complete waste of space. they should've built a ride there. it could've been something big, there's a lot of space back there.

CTXRover

it could've been something big, there's a lot of space back there.

...and there still is. Its been covered over and over so I hate to repeat it again, but the land that has been reclaimed from the lagoon is still open and ready for an E-ticket the size of the Haunted Mansion or probably two decent D-ticket dark rides. The playground and widened pathway take up such a miniscule area of the available land it really isn't worth worrying about.

This "debate" reminds me alot of one that was going on in 2001 when they added the similar Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Triceratop Spin. There was a lot of talk of how cheap Disney had become and how it was such a waste of prime space, yadda, yadda, yadda. And since 2001, we have seen the announcements and openings of such great new additions like Philharmagic, SGE (ok, maybe a bad ex. :lol: ), Wishes, Mission:Space, Soarin', Lights Motors Action, and soon EE. Similarly, I have a hunch that something of significance will fill that remaining 20K space in the next few years.

peter11435

CTXRover said:
...and there still is. Its been covered over and over so I hate to repeat it again, but the land that has been reclaimed from the lagoon is still open and ready for an E-ticket the size of the Haunted Mansion or probably two decent D-ticket dark rides. The playground and widened pathway take up such a miniscule area of the available land it really isn't worth worrying about.

This "debate" reminds me alot of one that was going on in 2001 when they added the similar Magic Carpets of Aladdin and Triceratop Spin. There was a lot of talk of how cheap Disney had become and how it was such a waste of prime space, yadda, yadda, yadda. And since 2001, we have seen the announcements and openings of such great new additions like Philharmagic, SGE (ok, maybe a bad ex. :lol: ), Wishes, Mission:Space, Soarin', Lights Motors Action, and soon EE. Similarly, I have a hunch that something of significance will fill that remaining 20K space in the next few years.
Exactly. Disney is not being cheap by building small things such as this and the spinners. Not everything can be an E:E. In fact it is just the opposite, Disney spending money on items that are not likely to increase attendance (read make money) shows that they are not being cheap. Things like PPS only add to the experience.

AliceFan

From what I was told, you can fit Toontown and Ariel's Grotto inside the Playful spot. But when I saw it yesturday, it didn't seem like it was THAT big. There is alot of space though and benches for parents to sit on and watch there little cubbies and Roo's play.

General Grizz said:
Looks bigger than Toontown...

"Totally diggin" the bold red BRAND NEW letters... :lookaroun

mrtoad

The only problem I have with the Magic Carpets is the location. Adventureland has lost a bit of it's beauty by them putting it there. It was a nice open flowing area prior to the placement of that ride. To go around on either side is tight like they only just had room to spare to add it.

My daughter loves the ride and we do it quite often, I just wish it was off the side of the path not smack dab in the middle of the path.

For the addition of Pooh's Playful Spot I think it is fine and does give parents a chance to relax while their kids play. I know my daughter will love it. At least at the time she plays in it. She has problems with her legs where if she is too active durring the day she has bad leg pains. So we need to watch her on this type of thing. But regardless, it is a good thing for little kids. :)

CTXRover said:

rainfully

The walls are down around the playground now... though they have planters blocking the entrance. I could see workers behind them adding some finishing touches.

I snapped a picture, but the place will be open before I get the chance to post... sorry!

MKCustodial

AliceFan said:
From what I was told, you can fit Toontown and Ariel's Grotto inside the Playful spot.

Personally, I'd have liked a lot more if that had happened. I mean, if instead of throwing another bone to the bear, they'd have made this huge rehab on Toontown, and basically turned it into a real land.

BigNorm

AliceFan said:
From what I was told, you can fit Toontown and Ariel's Grotto inside the Playful spot. But when I saw it yesturday, it didn't seem like it was THAT big. There is alot of space though and benches for parents to sit on and watch there little cubbies and Roo's play.

It still looks alot bigger than I thought it was going to be on that map. Beware the placeholder.

KumbaRider

The area on the map is in fact much larger in my opinion than what is actually occupied. I'm hoping that's an intentional illusion to suggest they plan on expanding some time in the future...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom