Pooh's Play Place

StitchFan21

Original Poster
I am sorry if this has already been posted. I checked with the search and could not find anything.

Does anyone have any pictures of the new Pooh playground?? Thanks in advance.

General Grizz

WeLComeHomE OKW said:
The plans for this havent even been finalized yet. But Welcome to the boards! But thats the main rumor of what will take over 20,000 leagues, :)
Oh, but it has. :D

The area looks very nice, according to our friend Bagheera from MousePlanet.

ballewclan

You know i really cant believe that Disney couldnt figure out what to do with the land for like 8 years. I mean c'mon they should have hyped up the disney magic right when it closed, or if it was just gonna sit there then why couldnt they have kept it going? O well, at least they are finally redoing it...

Anything is better than Ariels grotto, which had nothing to with ariel except a little King guy with a trident :lookaroun

StitchFan21

Original Poster
ballewclan said:
Anything is better than Ariels grotto, which had nothing to with ariel except a little King guy with a trident :lookaroun

I agree. Although I like Ariel I think they could have done something with this area. I think tieing TLM in was not a bad idea but was done not up to Disney par.

jmuboy

Nothing Disney has done with the lagoon (Ariel, pooh, landscaping) is up to Disney standards. I mean, we loose and e-ticket and we get Ariel's meet/greet (better at DL), a playground you can find at McDonalds, and some less than stellar landscaping. SAD-SAD-SAD!!!! Weiss has gotta go!

ISTCrew20

I looked through the wall yesterday. They have the area paved and a few trees are up, but that is all I can see. One of these days when Dumbo isn't busy, I'll go on it with the very intent of just getting pictures.

CaliSurfer182

jmuboy said:
Nothing Disney has done with the lagoon (Ariel, pooh, landscaping) is up to Disney standards. I mean, we loose and e-ticket and we get Ariel's meet/greet (better at DL), a playground you can find at McDonalds, and some less than stellar landscaping. SAD-SAD-SAD!!!! Weiss has gotta go!

These things might not be what we expect or want, but Weiss doesn't choose his budget or have an unlimited one. He does what he can with a finite amount of money that is dependent on the market and the whims of those higher up. I am not saying he is devoid of all responsibility, but he sure doesn't account for all of its accountability.

Captain Chaos

Let's not jump on this Pooh Play Area again... As discussed before and duly noted, the area is going to take up such a small amout of the 20K space... Let's stop knocking this area.... Now, witht he remaining LARGE area, if something good isn't done, then yes, let's complain..

StitchFan21

Original Poster
dxer07002 said:
Let's not jump on this Pooh Play Area again... As discussed before and duly noted, the area is going to take up such a small amout of the 20K space... Let's stop knocking this area.... Now, witht he remaining LARGE area, if something good isn't done, then yes, let's complain..

I did not intend for this thread to be about "knocking" the area. I am just curious how it is coming along. I know it will be a small area and that is fine. In fact I am a Pooh fan.

Captain Chaos

I didn't mean you were knocking the area. But I remember other posts about this area and how fast people were to knock it and trash it without it even being built yet. I am reserving judgement until an official annoucement comes out about that area, THE ENTIRE AREA!!!! Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I am curious as to how it looks too.

pilka214

actually i read on one of the boards a new e-ride was gonna be built on the rest of the land. behind the pllayground. that would be really cool

mcfly530

personally, i think the pooh play place is a fine idea to fill the spot. not every new attraction can be an E ticket attraction, and sometimes kids just need to run around and go crazy. though the loss of 20k is upsetting, intergrating that area into fantasyland and opening up a new place for younger kids, is afine idea.

CTXRover

dxer07002 said:

Bravo!

There was a very lengthy thread a long time ago where several of us showed aerial photos and markings that clearly showed that the play area was taking up an incredibly small corner of the former lagoon attraction area. Statements like they are replacing 20K with a playground are not true. In reality, the play area is replacing an area slightly larger than the "Character Festival" that graced the former 20K queue area for nearly 10 years. Even if the play area becomes permanent (which it probably could if its well done and popular), there is still easily enough room for an attraction on the scale of HM or Pirates, in terms of space for a showbuilding of equal size. That land is HUGE and I see nothing wrong with putting in a play area in one corner of that land. Its been nearly 10 years since the ride closed, thank heavens they have done something to prepare it for future development. Hopefully that future development won't take another 10 years.

So many people have jumped on the bandwagon to say the playground is something that will be on par with "McDonald's" playareas. Where is that even coming from? Has anybody here even seen what this is supposed to look like? Disney's play areas are always very nicely done and themed. As the original poster was asking for, I'm not even sure there is any released concept art on this area as of yet.

MicBat

I see no problem with the fact that they're putting the play area in a small part of the lagoon. I remember play areas in the Magic Kingdom and in other parks when I was younger, so this is no new thing.

And remember... The landscaping and play area are MUCH nicer than a creepy old lagoon sitting in the corner of Fantasyland serving no purpose!

Lauriebar

MicBat said:
I see no problem with the fact that they're putting the play area in a small part of the lagoon. I remember play areas in the Magic Kingdom and in other parks when I was younger, so this is no new thing.

And remember... The landscaping and play area are MUCH nicer than a creepy old lagoon sitting in the corner of Fantasyland serving no purpose!

Well said. I know that this play area is not the greatest feat of imagineering, however, it will serve a purpose in Fantasyland which can be a horrible crowded mess sometimes. I realize that a kids play area is not very exciting but, children need unstructured play. Kids can and will play in this kind of place for hours so I feel that it will definately help with the sometimes overwhelming crowds and wait times in Fantasyland. Even if it only helps a little I will be grateful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom