Poncho or Umbrella?

MouseDreaming

Hello! While my family has been to the World before, we have never gone in June. Usually, we are there in March, and I think in all of those trips, we maybe dealt with rain one day. I know in June we can expect passing rain through the day. If we use ponchos, will they have a chance to dry off? Is it better to have umbrellas at the ready? Both? What do you do?

HouCuseChickie

I vote PONCHO! ;) But I also use a camping poncho, so it doesn't stick to me and it has snaps in some areas so it can be a little easier to wear and remove. It's also easy enough to jam it back into a gallon ziplock bag once the rain passes. I also like that I can give my camera greater protection from the rain inside the poncho.

I also vote to seek shelter if there's lightning. Florida is the lightning capital in the US and people get struck all too often. DH accuses me of having a ridiculous fear of lightning (and maybe he's right), but after several years of living in FL and seeing lots of news reports of unlucky folks...I don't like to take chances.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
I vote PONCHO! ;) But I also use a camping poncho, so it doesn't stick to me and it has snaps in some areas so it can be a little easier to wear and remove. It's also easy enough to jam it back into a gallon ziplock bag once the rain passes. I also like that I can give my camera greater protection from the rain inside the poncho.

I also vote to seek shelter if there's lightning. Florida is the lightning capital in the US and people get struck all too often. DH accuses me of having a ridiculous fear of lightning (and maybe he's right), but after several years of living in FL and seeing lots of news reports of unlucky folks...I don't like to take chances.
Gallon zip bag for when they are wet. Brilliant! I may have thought of a regular plastic bag, but then it would drip all over everything else in the backpack.
Lightening scares me, too. Pretty to look at from inside, but not so much outside.

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Poncho or lightweight rainmac for me and head straight down the middle of the desrted park :D .. If i get cold what the hay . Shivering burns more calories

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom