Poncho or Umbrella?

MouseDreaming

Hello! While my family has been to the World before, we have never gone in June. Usually, we are there in March, and I think in all of those trips, we maybe dealt with rain one day. I know in June we can expect passing rain through the day. If we use ponchos, will they have a chance to dry off? Is it better to have umbrellas at the ready? Both? What do you do?

Zman-ks

Poncho. :)
75.gif

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I may have to stock up on .88 ponchos! I should mention one of us is a very thin (but tall) 10 yr old girl. Do these work on a kid, or ...I don't know what do you do?
My daughter if 5"7 and weighs a little over 106 lbs, and it works great for her. The jackets also are long enough to cover the length of her shorts. They are fairly short though. I like that they aren't open on the sides like our Disney ponchos. The water always seems to get in the sides of those. If one rips, it's no big deal at .88. Make sure you get the clear ones. Then you can see your families clothes, and it's easier to keep up with them in a crowd. The pink and yellow ones aren't as long and cost more because they are thicker.

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

When I hear it may rain during a day in the parks, I bring my mini umbrella which opens to a full size one. I used ponchos in the past and found them hot and stuffy once I'm inside a building, then ya take them off, gotta carry it around and put back on when ya go back outside. The umbrella is so much simpler, folds away and goes back into my purse.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Under the rain cover in my kids stroller! They stay as dry as a bone even the items in the stroller basket stay dry. If you are bringing a bag to the parks anyway I would throw in a hand towel from your resort. I started bringing them years ago to line the stroller with, was worried the stroller material would be hot on the baby. Anyway we ended up using the towel to sit on durning the parades and fireworks and to dry off after a down pour. God love my Mamma Mouse, she found the old school yelloe WDW ponchos at a yard sale and two pink princess ones and they are still in good shape. But your arms, face, legs and feet (we are a croc flipflop family) can and usually do get wet. The dry off feels quite nice. I also recommend, on a day with a chance of rain, cover your stroller as soon as you get to the park but keep it rolled back. We got this tip on a trip to out local zoo and it has been worth it! We cover the stroller while in stroller parking too, have seen many a damp stroller after a rain shower while a family was in an attraction like Soaring'. It seems like WDW rain starts quick, we usually have just enough time to poncho up and unroll rain cover. Would be soaked by the time we got the cover out, open and on the stroller.
One last though, I wish I would have given the man who offered us 50.00 for our stroller rain cover in Epcot 7 years ago;) Think about him and screaming wet kids whenever we pass the Odyssey building area:( it was a wet chilly night...

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom