Polynesian Resort.....The final nail in the coffin ?

EeyoreFan#24

There are tons of ways to optimize a trip there, though... and I do use a spreadsheet to do it. ;)
I remember when Disney used to give you the ability to make custom itineraries on their website. After the fast pass and Adrs we’re all added, you could make a itinerary of rides and activities in the gaps, by the hour. I did it once and never followed them. I hate preplanning vacations and so did the rest of the group, so it was an exercise in futility to begin with.

if they still do that, I don’t know how anymore.

SteveAZee

I remember when Disney used to give you the ability to make custom itineraries on their website. After the fast pass and Adrs we’re all added, you could make a itinerary of rides and activities in the gaps, by the hour. I did it once and never followed them. I hate preplanning vacations and so did the rest of the group, so it was an exercise in futility to begin with.

if they still do that, I don’t know how anymore.
All my spreadsheet stuff is done long before I get to the parks, but it's things like whether park hopper is worth it, or which park would be best for each day, or which ADRs vs. buying food for the room. Once done, it's a framework that we use but aren't a slave to.

SteveAZee

A vacation planning spreadsheet is fun and all part of the experience 😀
For me, it takes most of the guess work out of a few things... pricing mostly... but other things as well. It may surprise people, but it allows me to relax while there since I've already done the math ahead of time. It's also a good way to find out who in the party cares about what, which is also good.

Vegas Disney Fan

A vacation planning spreadsheet is fun and all part of the experience 😀

I go back and forth on whether I prefer planned trips or spontaneous trips, I’ve used Touring plans to plan the whole day ahead of time, it makes for incredibly fun days because you are rarely in lines and do more rides than you’d think possible, it can also be exhausting simply because you are always on the go.

I’ve taken a few Disney haters to DL and converted them by simply showing them how to minimize lines, it’s amazing how many people think you need to stand in hour long lines all day and as a result don’t enjoy the parks.

I’ve also had trips where I pick my 3 FPs and my restaurant and that’s it, the rest of the time is purely spontaneous, you hardly get anything done but it feels more relaxing.

Pros and cons to both.

castlecake2.0

A little Sunshine Bird once told me that the Tangaroa Terrace building would be razed and a DVC tower constructed on its site. The longhouse would be comparable in size to Pago Pago, but taller than the existing longhouses. This would keep the 50-year leasehold condominiums clustered on the same side of the resort.

Regarding a timeline, Wil Lovato does a phenomenal job tracking direct DVC sales on the DVCNews website. In his last report, Wil noted that based on current sales and projections, it would take 56 months, or until March 2026, before Disney's Riviera Resort would be completely sold out.

DVC has stopped selling points at the Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. In the coming months, with the conversion of Big Pine Key and its addition to the existing leasehold condominium association, Disney will begin to market and sell points at VGF. It is my understanding that sales have been paused to avoid member and potential member outrage. VGF was selling for $255 per point and when new points are added to the inventory for sale at a lower, promotional price, DVC wants to avoid as many dissatisfied calls as possible.

It is worth noting that Aulani has yet to sellout and the Disneyland Hotel DVC Tower is still expected to open in 2023. With four active properties, shovels will not be going into the ground soon at Disney's Polynesian Village.
I’m sure I saw a concept art piece for this somewhere on this site. I was searching for a while and can’t find it now. This location makes more sense. They need to keep a buffer between poly and g flo. Did birdie tell you what would actually happen to luaus real estate?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I go back and forth on whether I prefer planned trips or spontaneous trips, I’ve used Touring plans to plan the whole day ahead of time, it makes for incredibly fun days because you are rarely in lines and do more rides than you’d think possible, it can also be exhausting simply because you are always on the go.

I’ve taken a few Disney haters to DL and converted them by simply showing them how to minimize lines, it’s amazing how many people think you need to stand in hour long lines all day and as a result don’t enjoy the parks.

I’ve also had trips where I pick my 3 FPs and my restaurant and that’s it, the rest of the time is purely spontaneous, you hardly get anything done but it feels more relaxing.

Pros and cons to both.
I believe this was the vast majority of what fastpass “plus” ended up being

and we were all trained to do it but it was ultimately completely stupid. Was not a good value.

and directly related to why they want to sell “lighting lane” now. People were already trained to pay $35 a ride and do them a favor by shopping and buying food the rest of the time

Listink67

This " Rumor " Is from my close friend who is employed as a DVC sales Castmember. The scuttlebutt is
that the Poly Luau is permanent history and the area that Luau cove sits in and the surrounding area
is to be the site of a new DVC tower. Can't say this, if confirmed , would be good news. Not to mention
the fact that it would overwhelm the property. Hoping he is wrong. Any thoughts ???
We don’t need another tower in are sight line, we love are poly luau shows,they have taken so many thing from us. This is something they really Don’t want to do.

Cosmic Commando

I thought the title was hyperbole, but I didn't realize things had gotten this bad!

QhDH9is.png

Goofyernmost

Exactly! For years we used to just run up to Orlando for a weekend...Hit a few parks, a day of fun...all spontaneous... Now it is completely impossible to do this...sadly Wait until you have to book restroom reservations...complete with a charge...lol
It will be a floating charge with one price for #1 (Genie+) and another Lightening Pay to go, charge for #2. (When you gotta go, you gotta go, surcharge.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom