Polynesian or Contemporary?

captainkidd

Here we go again. Have to decide today which to book for next July. We've stayed at the Poly 4 times and we LOVE it. Enough said. However, my wife has always wanted to stay at the Contemporary. I on the other hand, have no desire to stay there, other than the fact that it's someplace we haven't stayed yet. It always appears too business like for me, which is the exact opposite of the Poly. If we stay at the Contemporary, we'll get a Tower Room facing the MK. Is the hotel a good choice with young kids in terms of atmosphere and activities? How is the pool? Room service? Will I be horribly disappointed knowing that the Poly is just 2 monorail stops away and I'm not there, without the lovely hammocks to relax on at the beach?

Thanks!

Pete C

I'd say try something different. As much as I like the resorts I have stayed at, I will not repeat until I have stayed at all of them.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I only wish your problems were my problems :D

While you might not wind up liking Contemporary more than Polynesian, I can't imagine you disliking it, either, especially if you know you're planning on a MK view. As others have said, being able to walk to MK is a major plus - the idea that you can, for example, take a bus back to your hotel from the AK, and then decide "heck, before we call it a night, let's see the parade" and walk over before you have a chance to re-think the decision is kinda cool, whereas if you're waiting for the monorail, you may decide against it (not that the monorails are a long wait, but sometimes it only take a minute for a "yeah let's do it!" to become a "you know, it's getting late..."). And there's no law that says you can't make dinner reservations at Poly one night and nab a hammock afterwards for a spell. If it doesn't wind up working out for you, at least you'll then know, and can go back to Poly.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom