Polynesian longhouses

ekorey

We will be staying at the Poly in August and I am wondering if anybody as an opinion as to which longhouse is the best. We have 3 children 6,6,9.

polynesiangirl

We've stayed in Rarotonga the last few times we were there. It's nice because it's WAY minimal walking because it is right next door to the Great Ceremonial House (the main building, which has the restuarnts and the monorail access.) We've enjoyed it and I wouldn't mind staying there again as it is just so convienent.

Keep in mind that you can request a building but they cannot guarantee that they will accomodate that request. Additionally, some buildings (like Hawaii, I believe,) are conceirge or lagoon-view (which means more $$ per night) so you can't just request those unless you plan to spend more. Also certain rooms/areas are non smoking/smoking so again, your preference would dictate whether or not you end up there.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We stayed in RapaNui... very close to the TTC, but far away from the main building and pool. Not bad in the day/good weather, but not fun at night or when it was raining... which is the main reason we probably won't stay there again.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Tokelau was our building in our last visit to the Poly in 2002. Close to the TTC, we stepped out of our building and practically fell into the quiet pool and not too far from the Great Ceremonial House.

Upvote 0

Debbie

I've stayed in several, but our absolute favorite was the one that was directly behind the Ceremonial House, the second one. The names have changed and when I stopped there in February, to check out the new pool, I see that our room would be looking right at it ( it wasn't a few years ago). We found it nice to be able to walk through the connecting longhouse and straight into the Great Ceremonial House, thus not having to get the little ones wet.

Be sure to try and visit Tikiman's site when it's back up. It is the most comprehensive Polynesian site, it's done beautifully, and visiting the site makes me want to go back very soon.

Upvote 0

jasonchas

Tokelau is nice. We requested a MK view and got it. It was awesome at night to sit on the balcony and watch the fireworks. You also have an awesome view on Space Mtn and the castle.

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

Tokelau is the best!!

I always request Tokelau. It is close to everything and it is only a short walk to the bus stop. All the rooms have a balcony/patio and I believe that the rooms are larger in this building.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom