Polynesian July 4 Fireworks

tecowdw

Original Poster
Got to enjoy the MK July 4 fireworks from the MK on Sunday and the Poly beach on Saturday. Fantastic shows!

The Sunday show was seen from inside the MK at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station (dessert party). Watching it form inside the MK you get fully immersed in the experience. It was something to be surrounded by the fireworks. Holey cow was the MK crowded though! And loved the large & very loud tour groups from Argentina!
:zipit:

Saturday we saw it form the Poly beach. What a great view! Not only do we get a full view of the fireworks around the MK but also the ones launched from the lagoon. On top of that, the electrical water pageant floats show their stars & stripes during a portion of the show. While the beach was crowded, it was nothing compared to the MK crowds!

All in all, I think I prefer the beach. It took a long time to get back to my room from the MK Sunday - Saturday it was a 5 minute walk from the beach to my room. ;)

I noticed this year they were selling food and merchandise on the beach. The food was select items from Captain Cook's and the merchandise was the same stuff from the MK night carts (lighted toys, wands, etc). I don't recall them doing that last year at the Poly.

Figment1986

Got to enjoy the MK July 4 fireworks from the MK on Sunday and the Poly beach on Saturday. Fantastic shows!

The Sunday show was seen from inside the MK at the Tomorrowland Noodle Station (dessert party). Watching it form inside the MK you get fully immersed in the experience. It was something to be surrounded by the fireworks. Holey cow was the MK crowded though! And loved the large & very loud tour groups from Argentina!
:zipit:

Saturday we saw it form the Poly beach. What a great view! Not only do we get a full view of the fireworks around the MK but also the ones launched from the lagoon. On top of that, the electrical water pageant floats show their stars & stripes during a portion of the show. While the beach was crowded, it was nothing compared to the MK crowds!

All in all, I think I prefer the beach. It took a long time to get back to my room from the MK Sunday - Saturday it was a 5 minute walk from the beach to my room. ;)

I noticed this year they were selling food and merchandise on the beach. The food was select items from Captain Cook's and the merchandise was the same stuff from the MK night carts (lighted toys, wands, etc). I don't recall them doing that last year at the Poly.

I didn't notice them selling stuff on the beach on July 3, but I was on the peninsula and away from half the crowds... I enjoyed the fireworks from poly for special events! I guess a lot more locals were heading there this year... it;s also not too bad since you can easily walk from the beach back to TTC and to your car while the watercraft is still down, and monorail held till clear.

wdwmemories

More and more I enjoy watching the fireworks from the MK hotels - smaller crowds and still a nice view. However, getting to hear the music seems to be hit-and-miss.

ryguy

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney start tighten up security during the fireworks at the Polynesian. Kinda like at the Contemporary observation deck. The beach is starting to get way to crowded, every year it seems to get worse. Memorial day weekend it was insane, never seen so many people, I can only imagine the 4th of july weekend. Very true about the sound, sometimes it playing and other times not. Definitely a plus when you can hear the music.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I didn't notice them selling stuff on the beach on July 3, but I was on the peninsula and away from half the crowds... I enjoyed the fireworks from poly for special events! I guess a lot more locals were heading there this year... it;s also not too bad since you can easily walk from the beach back to TTC and to your car while the watercraft is still down, and monorail held till clear.
I was there on the 3rd and they were selling food and the typical light up souvenirs on the beach

I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney start tighten up security during the fireworks at the Polynesian. Kinda like at the Contemporary observation deck. The beach is starting to get way to crowded, every year it seems to get worse. Memorial day weekend it was insane, never seen so many people, I can only imagine the 4th of july weekend. Very true about the sound, sometimes it playing and other times not. Definitely a plus when you can hear the music.
They do have it tightened up as much as they really can without getting rather intrusive. You could not park at the Poly unless you are staying there or have an ADR. I doubt they will do anything more until it becomes a real problem.

Figment82

I really didn't think the Poly beach was that bad on the on the 3rd. Granted, we don't go to the main beach, but it wasn't until just before the show began that there was any sort of a crowd.

Honestly though, if they are selling food and merchandise and continue to use the Water Pagaent barges for music, I don't see them cracking down on guests watching there - especially when they continue with the spectacular mirror show.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I really didn't think the Poly beach was that bad on the on the 3rd. Granted, we don't go to the main beach, but it wasn't until just before the show began that there was any sort of a crowd.

Honestly though, if they are selling food and merchandise and continue to use the Water Pagaent barges for music, I don't see them cracking down on guests watching there - especially when they continue with the spectacular mirror show.
Nor did I. In fact it was down right sedate between the hill and the TTC. I did not have anyone within 20' of me while I was filming. The main beach directly behind the pool was fairly busy but far from the insanity that I was expecting.

Bigart

I too watched from Poly Beach and did see the vendor carts. The show was pretty awesome from the grassy knoll. The music was piped in to the speakers along the beach. The rain picked up a little during the show, but not a downpour. All in all a very good display.

Figment1986

I too watched from Poly Beach and did see the vendor carts. The show was pretty awesome from the grassy knoll. The music was piped in to the speakers along the beach. The rain picked up a little during the show, but not a downpour. All in all a very good display.

the Peninsula area? (I was against a tree with a tripod and video camera attached) Thanks to those electrical light barges you could hear the audio that night cause normally it's not piped in anywhere other than the shore line near the pool...

TTATraveler

I was there on the 3rd on the beach by the volleyball net, not too many people standing in that particular area. While selling food wasn't a bad idea, did they really have to bring the merchandise carts over to try and sell that overpriced light up junk??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom