Polynesian DVC?

toolsnspools

That is exactly true....which is what makes my decision even more difficult.

I would only be able to afford a useful Poly contract if I could unload my SSR and not take a loss. I'd put that toward a new Poly contract. Granted, at 200 pts (assuming that's what I'd buy again), I'd never be able to stay a week at the Poly unless I went every 2 years, but I could still stay anywhere else at 7 months.

I've heard that many members will buy a smaller contract at a new resort, and then only use it every 3 years, so you bank and borrow points tripling the amount that you buy for each stay. So if they bought a 25 pt contract, they could book a 75 pt stay at the 11 month mark every third year. At BLT 75 pts will get you a studio for roughly 3 to 4 nights most times of the year.

To me this seems like a lot of point juggling, but for others I'm sure it works well.

AmongMadPeople

I've been running possible numbers in my head, and decided that a 75 point add-on at the Poly sounds just right. Bank and borrow and stay there every 3 years. Hopefully 225 will be enough for 1-bedroom for a week in an off season.

We barely squeaked out a 7-month BLT reservation recently, but the Poly will be one I don't want to risk losing because I only have a 7-month window. I'll just try not to faint when a 75 point add-on costs nearly the same as our 200 point contract 4 years ago!

Tom

Beta Return
I've been running possible numbers in my head, and decided that a 75 point add-on at the Poly sounds just right. Bank and borrow and stay there every 3 years. Hopefully 225 will be enough for 1-bedroom for a week in an off season.

We barely squeaked out a 7-month BLT reservation recently, but the Poly will be one I don't want to risk losing because I only have a 7-month window. I'll just try not to faint when a 75 point add-on costs nearly the same as our 200 point contract 4 years ago!

Thanks for doing the math. That doesn't sound too bad, actually.

We too just BARELY got a 1BR Lake View at BLT recently. We're checking in the Saturday after Thanksgiving (2 days after) and staying through the following Sat. Our friends own there and booked at 11. We were watching inventory and it was getting slim. I BELIEVE we literally got the only remaining Lake View room that was available for at least some of the days we'll be there. Insane.

wdwfan100

Thanks for doing the math. That doesn't sound too bad, actually.

We too just BARELY got a 1BR Lake View at BLT recently. We're checking in the Saturday after Thanksgiving (2 days after) and staying through the following Sat. Our friends own there and booked at 11. We were watching inventory and it was getting slim. I BELIEVE we literally got the only remaining Lake View room that was available for at least some of the days we'll be there. Insane.

A quick question if you don't mind. How do you watch the inventory? It seems like that would be a handy tool to use.

Tom

Beta Return
A quick question if you don't mind. How do you watch the inventory? It seems like that would be a handy tool to use.

I think you just use the online booking engine to search for what you want. You can search out beyond when you can actually book. So my wife just kept watching lake view 1BR and they kept floating away until we finally got it.

If you'd like more detail, ask AmongMadPeople. As I embarassingly found out on our drive to dinner tonight, that's my wife :ROFLOL: That explains whey she and I had the same problem about getting the room at BLT. Had no idea she was actively posting on the forum, until she said in the car, "You realize that was me, right?" "You where?" "In the Poly DVC thread, talking about a 75-point contract."

:eek:

PhilharMagician

I think you just use the online booking engine to search for what you want. You can search out beyond when you can actually book. So my wife just kept watching lake view 1BR and they kept floating away until we finally got it.

If you'd like more detail, ask AmongMadPeople. As I embarassingly found out on our drive to dinner tonight, that's my wife :ROFLOL: That explains whey she and I had the same problem about getting the room at BLT. Had no idea she was actively posting on the forum, until she said in the car, "You realize that was me, right?" "You where?" "In the Poly DVC thread, talking about a 75-point contract.":eek:

Haha. You never know who is out there. :lol:

wdwfan100

If you'd like more detail, ask AmongMadPeople. As I embarassingly found out on our drive to dinner tonight, that's my wife :ROFLOL: That explains whey she and I had the same problem about getting the room at BLT. Had no idea she was actively posting on the forum, until she said in the car, "You realize that was me, right?" "You where?" "In the Poly DVC thread, talking about a 75-point contract."

Thanks. That's too funny. I some how envisioned a tool that showed a large picture of overall inventory. Then little red "X's" appearing over rooms as they became unavailable.

Tom

Beta Return
Thanks. That's too funny. I some how envisioned a tool that showed a large picture of overall inventory. Then little red "X's" appearing over rooms as they became unavailable.

Ha, no, that would be way to nice of them to offer.

StageFrenzy

So if she is among mad people, does that make you the made people?

Annielkd

When I try to look at the invatory on the online booking, they don't let you look if it's not your home base.

Sharkreef11

Original Poster

This is just too rich! :ROFLOL: My wife and I had a real good laugh about this. :lol: At least you agreed with what was sad otherwise it could've gotten ugly. :animwink:

Tom

Beta Return
When I try to look at the invatory on the online booking, they don't let you look if it's not your home base.

Clarification: You can see anything you're currently able to book. So you can see 11 months at your home resort and 7 months out at the rest.

This is just too rich! :ROFLOL: My wife and I had a real good laugh about this. :lol: At least you agreed with what was sad otherwise it could've gotten ugly. :animwink:

Ha, no kidding! We had a good chuckle about it. We'd both sell our left arms for ownership at the Poly.....just gotta figure out how. Hope it's 5 years before they start selling.

Annielkd

Thanks. The other poster said you could search out past what you can actually book. I didn't think that was actually possible using the DVC online site. You can look at the rack rate to see if things are available, but that doesn't mean anything, they have different inventories.

Tom

Beta Return

The term "add-on" is very ambiguous, or perhaps even inappropriate, with regards to DVC.

A Contract is a Contract. If you already have a 200 pt Contract at BLT, that's what it is. I'm not 100% sure, but you may be able to add to THAT contract, which could be called an add-on. But you'd have to actually buy more BLT points from the same use year.

Otherwise, it's just a straight up new contract. Be it 25 pts at Poly, an additional 25 pts at BLT in a different use years, or whatever.

I guess you're "adding" a contract to your personal portfolio, but people shouldn't get the impression that you're literally adding points to an existing contract. Holding several small contracts will just make it almost impossible to book anywhere for an extended number of days.

disneyeater

I guess you're "adding" a contract to your personal portfolio, but people shouldn't get the impression that you're literally adding points to an existing contract. Holding several small contracts will just make it almost impossible to book anywhere for an extended number of days.

Correct. When I say add-on, I am talking about adding on to your portfolio of TS holdings, not onto an existing contract.

Using banking a borrowing, you may be able to get 3-5 nights out of a 25 point contract.

Annielkd

My husband and I talked about that. We might get 50 points so we could go for a few days every third year... or something like that. I wish points were exchangeable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom