Polynesian Buildings

adamcav

Staying at the Polynesian next month and I'd like to put a request in for a certain building. Problem is, I'm not sure which building I should request.

We will be staying in two rooms, standard view.

Are there any buildings that are newer in as much as "more updated" than others? Or updated/refurbed more recently, that might 'feel' newer?

If not, what is everyone's favorite? :)

docdebbi

we requested niue and actually got it, don't usually get my requests! it couldn't have been more ideal. we had a car so wanted something close to parking lot (to carry sleeping toddlers back to the room). it was a hop skip and jump right into great ceremonial house for monorail, food, shopping, and right at the pool and close to parking lot but you don't look out at parking lot. we had garden view room and i was very interested in not having to look at cars, roads, etc. this is one of the few buildings, and the closest one to great ceremonial house that doesn't have any sides that face road/parking.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

For a standard view, Tokelau is the best choice. It's the most centrally located longhouse. All the rooms have a patio or balcony. All the rooms are 476 sq ft as opposed to 415 sq ft.

We stayed in Tahiti with a theme park view, but wouldn't do it again. It's too far from the GCH.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

I like Raratonga. Walk outside one side and you are at the entrance to the GCH. Walk out the other side you are at the bus stop. You get the best of both worlds.

Upvote 0
We stayed in Tahiti 2 years ago and liked it alot. It is a bit far from the GCH but closer to the TTC. This time we requested Tokelau to get a us a bit closer to the GCH but not give up the little bit of extra space in the room. We'll see if we get our request when we check in next Saturday :)

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
For a standard view, Tokelau is the best choice. It's the most centrally located longhouse. All the rooms have a patio or balcony. All the rooms are 476 sq ft as opposed to 415 sq ft.

We stayed in Tahiti with a theme park view, but wouldn't do it again. It's too far from the GCH.

476 sq ft?? Is this the standard room??

Upvote 0

adamcav

Original Poster
We visited my parents when they stayed in Tokelau last year and the room/common areas didn't seem as updated as pictures and videos of others that I'd seen online. It seemed rundown a bit. I suppose it could have been isolated, or maybe I'm just remembering it differently.

Upvote 0

donaldfan

We visited my parents when they stayed in Tokelau last year and the room/common areas didn't seem as updated as pictures and videos of others that I'd seen online. It seemed rundown a bit. I suppose it could have been isolated, or maybe I'm just remembering it differently.

Some of the common areas did seem more dated/rundown, but not terrible. Room was in good shape, love the proximity to both GCH and TTC. Getting to EPCOT is a breeze.

Upvote 0

adamcav

Original Poster
I was just reading, from tikiman, that the rooms were refurbed a few months after we were there - explains why they felt rundown at the time.

We're going for F&W Festival, and will be spending a good deal of time at Epcot. I'm thinking, location wise, Tahiti might be my best choice (close to TTC).

Anyone have any stories/info about Tahiti?

Upvote 0

ornurse

We always stay at Tahiti as we like being close to the TTC. It's just a short walk from Tahiti to there.. It is a little farther from the ceremonial house but we don't go there alot, so it's not a big deal for us. We stayed on the 1st floor last time...I think our rooms were 1017 and 1019. We were able to see the MK from there and had a great view of the fireworks. Check out tikiman's webpage for the Poly. He's the reason we went there in the 1st place. I love him and have never met him! Some of the buildings don't have balconies, so you won't want to stay in those. Anyhow, he can explain way better than I can how wonderful the Poly is! tikimanpages.com

Upvote 0

dave&di

We stayed in Tahiti after booking a theme park view and loved it. As others have said its close to the TTC, the fact you have to walk 5-8 mins to the GCH didn't bother us, its a pretty resort so the walk is nice, but since the TTC was so close we hardly needed to go that way anyway!

Upvote 0

tikiman

Yup, in the 3 newer longhouses: Tahiti, Tokelau and Rapa Nui. Also have double sinks, where the older longhouses have single sinks.

Tokelau does not have the double sinks but is the larger rooms. Any of the buildings built after the originals in 1971 have the larger rooms and balconies on all floors.

I think Tokelau, Samoa, Niue and Rarotonga give you the best location to get to everything like the pools, boat, GCH, bus stop and TTC. Tahiti can feel farther out there but really is no more than another minute or two walk. I did not like staying on the other side of the marina just because I always had to walk around the marina to get to the pool or boat and it was the farthest when coming back form Epcot and walking from the TTC.

All rooms have the same look since they were redesigned in 2005-2007.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

adamcav

Original Poster
Thanks Steve. I think I'm going to go with Tahiti. I don't mind that private feeling, and I excited to have the TTC so accessible.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Thanks Steve. I think I'm going to go with Tahiti. I don't mind that private feeling, and I excited to have the TTC so accessible.

I would reconsider Tokelau. It has better views in its garden rooms. Quite a few can see the lagoon. Also Tahiti has had some reports of rooms in bad shape. If you get the Tahiti side of Tokelau you are just as close to the TTC as the rooms on the far end of Tahiti and just as quiet.

Just my opinion.

Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

Polydweller

I would reconsider Tokelau. It has better views in its garden rooms. Quite a few can see the lagoon. Also Tahiti has had some reports of rooms in bad shape. If you get the Tahiti side of Tokelau you are just as close to the TTC as the rooms on the far end of Tahiti and just as quiet.

Just my opinion.

Have a great trip.

Got to agree with Steve on our own experience. For garden view definitely would take Tokelau over Tahiti. Personal preference would be on the east side of Tokelau which is a bit more open and better chance of seeing a bit of the lagoon.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Got to agree with Steve on our own experience. For garden view definitely would take Tokelau over Tahiti. Personal preference would be on the east side of Tokelau which is a bit more open and better chance of seeing a bit of the lagoon.

Hey Polydweller,

When in October are you going to be there? We will be there September 30th to October 7.

Upvote 0

adamcav

Original Poster
Sounds like the clear preference is Tokelau. That would get us closer to the GCH, and if we ended up in the right area of the building we might get a view of the lagoon. Is Poly known for offering upgrades based on availability?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom