POLY, which longhouse?

fractal

I requested Aotearoa. My wife and mother are planning to spend some time in the GF spa, as well as my two oldest in the fitness center. Thanks to
@tikiman I found out that Aotearoa is the closest to GF.

Besides the noise from the Luau, are there any other negatives?

coachwnh

Each time we have stayed at Poly, we requested and stayed in Tahiti. Its the farthest from the GCH, but the shortest walk to the TTC. We dont mind the walk to the pool, and like being a little further from all of the action in the resort lobby. Its about a 5 minute walk to the Epcot monorail, and about 2-3 minutes tops to the bus stops, GCH, laundry, etc.

DisneyDude10

This is coming from a guy who just got home from his first stay at the Poly last Wednesday so take it for what it's worth. We had a king size bed on the 3rd floor in the Samoa building. The balcony faced the quiet pool so there wasn't much noise, the walk to the GCH was less than 2 minutes and the walk to the monorail was only about five minutes. The bus stop was close probably 2.5 minutes and the best part was that it was a refurbished room! We were on the third floor but we were the closest room to the stairs so that made up for it. You have a pool on either side of you and could actually see a little bit of the quiet pool from the balcony as well. We enjoyed it so much that we will be requesting the exact same room for next years trip! I hope this helps!

twinfo3728

Original Poster
Hopefully tikiman can give us a room refurb update. The last time we stayed at the Poly we were in the Tokelau building. We had a garden view. Our room was 3265. When we stepped out on the balcony we had a perfect view of the castle and fireworks!

luv

It is just my opinion and I know many that do not agree but when I was over in Tuvalu (next to Fiji) I hated walking around the marina to go to the pools and boat.
Tuvalu, water view, is my favorite and not just because it rhymes. But that walk does get annoying!!!!

tikiman

Hawaii Completed
Samoa Completed
Tokelau Completed
Niue Completed
Rarotonga Completed
Aotearoa Completed
Fiji Completed
Tuvalu June 16 – August 2
Tahiti July 14 – September 13
Rapa Nui August 11 – October 4

PolynesianPrincess

Hawaii Completed
Samoa Completed
Tokelau Completed
Niue Completed
Rarotonga Completed
Aotearoa Completed
Fiji Completed

Does this mean that those longhouses will be closed while they are refurbing? We have a lagoon view booked for the night of Sept 7 and we're going to request Tahiti but it looks like it will in the midst of a refurb.

jlsHouston

Hawaii Completed
Samoa Completed
Tokelau Completed
Niue Completed
Rarotonga Completed
Aotearoa Completed
Fiji Completed

well... so much for Tahiti, I guess I will ask for Tokelau, resisting the urge to ask for a corner ground or 3rd floor in SAMOA.....:p

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does this mean that those longhouses will be closed while they are refurbing? We have a lagoon view booked for the night of Sept 7 and we're going to request Tahiti but it looks like it will in the midst of a refurb.

Yes, the entire longhouse will be closed during the refurb. Try Tuvalu instead ;)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hopefully tikiman can give us a room refurb update. The last time we stayed at the Poly we were in the Tokelau building. We had a garden view. Our room was 3265. When we stepped out on the balcony we had a perfect view of the castle and fireworks!

Think you may be confused with either your previous building or room number.

First number means floor: 1= first, 2= second, 3= third
Second number is building #: the Aotearoa longhouse is #2. Tokelau is #9. There are only two 3rd floor rooms in Tokelau where you can stand on the balcony and have a (sideways) view of the castle: 3914 and 3915.

Just wanted to clarify for you ;)

tikiman

Second number is building #: the Aotearoa longhouse is #2. Tokelau is #9. There are only two 3rd floor rooms in Tokelau where you can stand on the balcony and have a (sideways) view of the castle: 3914 and 3915.

Actually there are many rooms in Tokelau on the west side that can see the castle off to the side. Some are even at the end past the pool.
This photo was taken from 3940 which is the second from the last room the farthest from the beach end.

room3940.jpg

2948 and 3948 are at the corner half way down the building where it splits and has a nice view with no wall blocking the side of the balcony just like the rooms at the far corner
The east side of the building you can only see the castle from the corner room. Also two of the west side corner rooms are actually categorized as lagoon view 3914 and 2914.

fractal

Actually there are many rooms in Tokelau on the west side that can see the castle off to the side. Some are even at the end past the pool.
This photo was taken from 3940 which is the second from the last room the farthest from the beach end.

room3940.jpg

2948 and 3948 are at the corner half way down the building where it splits and has a nice view with no wall blocking the side of the balcony just like the rooms at the far corner
The east side of the building you can only see the castle from the corner room. Also two of the west side corner rooms are actually categorized as lagoon view 3914 and 2914.

Wow! I didn't realize MK was that close. Can't wait to see for myself in 4 days.

twinfo3728

Original Poster

You are correct. I have the wrong number. It was the third floor of the Tokelau building. The room number was 3948. I went back and checked the photograph. The number I gave you was the number they originally gave us but I asked if they has any open rooms in Tokelau. William, who was checking us in, was wonderful able to get us a room in the longhouse we wanted. Thank you for he info. ;)

jlsHouston

well I couldn't resist I put in my request for Tokelau or Samoa, ground floor or 3rd floor for the weekend we are staying at the POLY...

jlsHouston

room3940.jpg

I want one of these rooms, but I only paid for a standard..:(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I want one of these rooms, but I only paid for a standard..:(

That is @tikiman's point...those rooms are categorized as standard garden view. All rooms in Tokelau with the exception of two rooms (2914 and 3914) are garden view. However, to see what the above picture portrays, you have to be standing sideways on the narrow end of the balcony to see it. Looking out the sliding glass door from inside the room, you would have a view of the quiet pool, shrubbery or the side of the Hawaii longhouse.

The handful of rooms in Tokelau nearest the beach may have a partial beach/GF view (west side) or partial lagoon/TTC/Contemporary view (east side). We have stayed in those rooms on both sides. They are definitely the biggest bang for your garden-view buck!

twinfo3728

Original Poster
My personal opinion, I would not pay for a theme park view at the Poly but do for the CR. Be sure to check in at the hotel and not online for your best options at getting your request made. I have never had any of my request considered by checking in online but asked at the front desk and they moved my to the longhouse I wanted and had the view of MK. We go in off season. :)

tikiman: I called Disney again and asked to book a king room. After the long discussion of "no, they really have king beds at the Poly" and speaking to a supervisor they said I could only request it. Any suggestions on how to book a king room? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

tikiman

My personal opinion, I would not pay for a theme park view at the Poly but do for the CR. Be sure to check in at the hotel and not online for your best options at getting your request made. I have never had any of my request considered by checking in online but asked at the front desk and they moved my to the longhouse I wanted and had the view of MK. We go in off season. :)

tikiman: I called Disney again and asked to book a king room. After the long discussion of "no, they really have king beds at the Poly" and speaking to a supervisor they said I could only request it. Any suggestions on how to book a king room? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm guessing since they are new they don't have it set up in the system correctly yet because they told me when I was there and through some other lines of communication I have with them that the new king bed rooms would be bookable and no difference in charge. Maybe it will not be until next year when they get things set up and the web site changed that you will be able to book them. Do the other resorts have it as a category on the Disney web site? I will have to check and see how they do it.

My guess is for now a request will be good enough. There will be a lot of families staying there that will not want a king bed room so hopefully there will be plenty available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom