Poly vs Contemporary.

Which resort

• Contemporary

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Poly

Votes: 36 56.3%

• Total voters

slappy magoo

For just one night where you want to go to MK AND swim AND see fireworks from your resort?
Unless this is part of a longer stay I wonder if that's too much? I know if I only had one day to go to MK I'd try to jam as much MK time as possible at the expense of the pool and maybe at the expense of not seeing fireworks from a distance
But if that's your plan, I'd stay with Contemporary. This way you're never beholden to any mode of transportation. Monorail or boats to Poly packed? No biggie, you're a 10 minute walk to your room.
But you can always monorail over to Poly to see fireworks from there if you really want to. Honestly in just one day I'm not sure how much you'd be able to enjoy the theming of any resort, so focus on location and convenience.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your help. I have the Contemporary booked for that night. It is the last night tacked on to a 6 night stay at the Swan. We extended one night, and I thought it would be fun to try another resort for that night. I'm planning on that extra day being a Magic Kingdom day, so the Poly or Contemprary made the most sense.

correcaminos

Thanks everyone for your help. I have the Contemporary booked for that night. It is the last night tacked on to a 6 night stay at the Swan. We extended one night, and I thought it would be fun to try another resort for that night. I'm planning on that extra day being a Magic Kingdom day, so the Poly or Contemprary made the most sense.
Contemporary makes more sense in this case though I do prefer Polynesian to Contemporary for longer stays due to monorail woes.

I hope you have a great trip. I have always loved my stays at the Swan!

lena sanok

If we stay at the Contemporary, can we use the pool at the Poly during our stay? I know you can hope between resorts for food but not sure for amenities?

Mander

In the Parks
No
If we stay at the Contemporary, can we use the pool at the Poly during our stay? I know you can hope between resorts for food but not sure for amenities?

They don't allow pool hopping between resorts.

The exceptions being guests at the Port Orleans resorts can use either French Quarter or Riverside and the guests at the All Star resorts can hop pools around those resorts. Unless this has changed recently and then someone can correct me.

aw14

They don't allow pool hopping between resorts.

The exceptions being guests at the Port Orleans resorts can use either French Quarter or Riverside and the guests at the All Star resorts can hop pools around those resorts. Unless this has changed recently and then someone can correct me.
I remember needing my magic bad for the poly pool. We had to scan in every time we entered.

DisneyDayDreamer

They scan Magic Bands now at the pools. I have stayed at both the Poly and the Contemporary, and honestly the Poly pool is better hands down. Also, the monorail can be a little noisy at times at the contemporary. We were lucky and they moved us two floors up, from the floor right above, so it wouldn't be as loud. I think it just depends on how much time y'all will be staying at your resort to determine which one is better for your family.

TXDisney

I like the theming and pool way better at Poly, so that's my choice. But I'm all for mixing up resorts each trip to get new experiences, so if you've stayed at Poly, I totally get wanting to try the contemporary

POLY LOVER

For one day I wouldn't waste the money on either for the time you are going to spend in the actual hotel. If it were for more days I would do the Poly.

jimbojones

For one day I wouldn't waste the money on either for the time you are going to spend in the actual hotel. If it were for more days I would do the Poly.
I disagree, for short stays those are my two top choices. Right next to MK and one expensive night is easier to swallow

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I stayed at the contemporary a couple of years ago, and I'm going to the Poly next year.

Here's my $.02.
The contemporary is great, in its own way, and its location cannot be beat. If you're looking to visit the Magic Kingdom more then any of the other parks the contemporary is a huge win, because its a 5 minute walk

The poly is unique in its own way, I think the theming is better in a sense with the poly and it being walking distance to the TTC so you can take the monorail to Epcot is a plus, but If I had my druthers, I'd probably pick the contemporary :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom