Poly Refurb, DTD Night Show, and AoA...Oh my!

juniorthomas

Well what I propose is either putting them on stilts or having the appearance they are. The effect is to add dvc units that fit into the theme of the resort.

I think that there would be creative ways to accomplish this without violating EPA standards. Sure, they could redefine the boundaries of the water, but they could probably figure something else out that would accomplish the same effect without endangering whatever wildlife may find itself living in the Seven Seas Lagoon.

LaughingGravy

It mentions "rerouting" guests to OKW and SSR - that's not really being downgraded, they are villas, after all.

Maybe I read it wrong, but somehow I can't see an entire monorail resort being shut down at once...

If I could afford to stay at the Poly (ha ha), I 'd be wanting to stay at the Poly due to it being the Poly and also on the MK Monorail line.
Any hotel that is not on the monorail line would be a downgrade.
I don't care if there were three rooms and a kitchen as a substitute for my one Poly room.
If I booked the Poly, it's not because I need a suite for entertaining and a kitchen for making meals.
It would be so I could enjoy the MK and the proximity to MK. The only acceptable substitutes would be the Floridian, Contemporary, or as a stretch due to the different transportation, the Wilderness Lodge, and even then, I'd want a serious credit.

juniorthomas

If I could afford to stay at the Poly (ha ha), I 'd be wanting to stay at the Poly due to it being the Poly and also on the MK Monorail line.
Any hotel that is not on the monorail line would be a downgrade.
I don't care if there were three rooms and a kitchen as a substitute for my one Poly room.
If I booked the Poly, it's not because I need a suite for entertaining and a kitchen for making meals.
It would be so I could enjoy the MK and the proximity to MK. The only acceptable substitutes would be the Floridian, Contemporary, or as a stretch due to the different transportation, the Wilderness Lodge, and even then, I'd want a serious credit.

Proximity is certainly a key reason for staying on the Seven Seas Lagoon. Of course, they were also the original WDW hotels, so that factors in too.

flavious27

I think that there would be creative ways to accomplish this without violating EPA standards. Sure, they could redefine the boundaries of the water, but they could probably figure something else out that would accomplish the same effect without endangering whatever wildlife may find itself living in the Seven Seas Lagoon.

True. If the problem is that the bottom of the building over the water is either warmer or colder than the air underneath it, they can insulate the bottom more. They could also have a water circulated heating and cooling system that would regulate the temperature.

juniorthomas

True. If the problem is that the bottom of the building over the water is either warmer or colder than the air underneath it, they can insulate the bottom more. They could also have a water circulated heating and cooling system that would regulate the temperature.

Maybe. Also, it could do with shading a part of a body of water that was previously unshaded. That would certainly affect undersea life.

Still, I like your answer better.

flavious27

Maybe. Also, it could do with shading a part of a body of water that was previously unshaded. That would certainly affect undersea life.

Still, I like your answer better.

It is just thinking through a solution, I am sure disney would do the same to find a way to get 40 - 50 villas with a base for more in the future.

juniorthomas

It is just thinking through a solution, I am sure disney would do the same to find a way to get 40 - 50 villas with a base for more in the future.

That could be an incredibly unique resort hotel though. Course there isn't a lot of space on the lagoon, but if priced properly the exclusivity would make up for the fact that maybe there would only be a handful of rooms.

flavious27

That could be an incredibly unique resort hotel though. Course there isn't a lot of space on the lagoon, but if priced properly the exclusivity would make up for the fact that maybe there would only be a handful of rooms.

Correct, these villas would be the most unique resort rooms on property. With the low number of rooms, the exclusivity is enough to sell them. I know that there is a built in market anyway for poly dvc, the fact that there will be villas on the water, would have the units sold before the ink on plans is dry.

Oh, I made a mockup of the second floor:

stiltvillas2.png

juniorthomas

Correct, these villas would be the most unique resort rooms on property. With the low number of rooms, the exclusivity is enough to sell them. I know that there is a built in market anyway for poly dvc, the fact that there will be villas on the water, would have the units sold before the ink on plans is dry.

Oh, I made a mockup of the second floor:

stiltvillas2.png

Absolutely. Just because there are so few, everyone and their mother will want to get in on it. And they could couple it with some special marketing plan or some huge giveaway to get some press behind it. Can you imagine getting a special fastpass that says "oh hey, you just earned yourself a stay on the Lagoon. Well done."

flavious27

Absolutely. Just because there are so few, everyone and their mother will want to get in on it. And they could couple it with some special marketing plan or some huge giveaway to get some press behind it. Can you imagine getting a special fastpass that says "oh hey, you just earned yourself a stay on the Lagoon. Well done."

I can see them do that, and the view would be pretty impressive.

juniorthomas

I can see them do that, and the view would be pretty impressive.

The view would be amazing. Can you imagine how great it would be during the fireworks? That would be your evening view. Amazing.

What a great opportunity for them. I would stay in one of those rooms in a heartbeat.

flavious27

The view would be amazing. Can you imagine how great it would be during the fireworks? That would be your evening view. Amazing.

What a great opportunity for them. I would stay in one of those rooms in a heartbeat.

Along with the electric water parade. I think that they would be more than popular.

tikiman

I would love a $500 a night room at the Polynesian. Go during Christmas and your standard size club level room with a Theme Park View is over $1000 a night. Stay in the King K. suite and it is over $3000 a night. Add on 12% tax a night to that and just the tax is more than some rooms are a night.

flavious27

I would love a $500 a night room at the Polynesian. Go during Christmas and your standard size club level room with a Theme Park View is over $1000 a night. Stay in the King K. suite and it is over $3000 a night. Add on 12% tax a night to that and just the tax is more than some rooms are a night.

:lookaroun I blame someone else for not knowing the price at poly. Well I guess those water suites will be a little bit higher than 500 a night, with a private boat dock.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom