Poly Parking question

sjead

We are planning to have dinner at 'Ohana and then head over to the MK for Spectro and Wishes one night during our trip. Is it possible to drive to the Poly and leave the car there after dinner when we go to MK and then take monorail back after park closing? We don't want to drive to TTC after dinner. If this is not ible, does anyone have Any other suggestions? Thanks!

happymom52003

WOW...That sure was a repeat of everything everyone else already said.

Well, excuse me.:rolleyes: God forbid anyone ever gives repeat info in a thread on a forum. If you are going to police the forums for repeatative info, you've got alot of work cut out for you....lol.

In my opinion, there was still some innaccurate info being given, and I wanted to clarify some things.

Upvote 0

tumelo

Why don't you just enjoy your trip instead of worrying about parking issues!!

Clueless.

Visitors cannot use the Poly for parking while they go to MK.

I have complained to the front desk when staying at the Poly about parking and was told that tow trucks would be there SHORTLY to remove unauthorized vehicles. I will continue to complain about non-guests parking at the Poly every time I go, so watch out. Your unauthorized vehicle will be next.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Look, the point is this: you're not supposed to park there to go to the parks unless you valet. During a time when the Poly is full, it is rude to the Poly resort guests.

From a practical standpoint, it is security's responsibility to enforce this. If they give you a limited-time pass, then honor it. Otherwise, you can assume that it's not a busy time, and you can go ahead and park as you like for whatever.

Just be aware that you won't know ahead of time what they will do, because they keep changing the MO. So have an alternate plan, or just take the safe route. No big worries.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
SNF26SPDFX_280_458357a.jpg

Follow the rules or your fired.

Upvote 0

lives4disney

i am sure I am being repetitive....:ROFLOL:

But what I would do is park at the TTC and walk over. *better safe than sorry* It's a very pretty 5 minute walk to the Poly from the TTC. Just follow the monorail track up above...and the Poly signs...it's easy to get "lost" on the lush pathways.:)

Enjoy!
Lives4Disney

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Geez...Relax, first off I am not policing any forums. And second off I was just wondering why you were repeating what everyone else already said.:confused:

Funny how you did not make a smart a-- comment to the people who were being repetitive with YOUR opinion on the matter.:rolleyes:
Take your own advice...RELAX....most threads in any discussion forum have some repetitive info. Kind of odd that it bothers you, but whatever....to each his own.

Upvote 0

tirian

Technically the answer is no, you cannot stay there though many people do.
They have towed cars away that have been found parked in the lots of monorail hotels and the owners are not registered there. You more than likely will not be bothered since it's late at night and you will be on the list of dinner guests.

If you don't want to take the chance then park at the TTC before dinner. The entrance to the Poly is right there (though it does lead to the back of the hotel grounds and not the front near the restaurants. It should take less than 5 minutes to walk the path).

Another option is to Valet park (for a fee) and you would not be in the main lot at the hotel.

I cannot stress this enough: the Polynesian has the strictest rules about this. No other resort enforces the parking rules as strongly as the Poly. Even Polynesian CMs have to park in the Chip-and-Dale lot and walk across the street.

I know everyone keeps repeating this, but it's really that important! Even if you're eating at 'Ohana, the security guard will only give you a 2-hour pass that clearly states the time you arrived.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I cannot stress this enough: the Polynesian has the strictest rules about this. No other resort enforces the parking rules as strongly as the Poly. Even Polynesian CMs have to park in the Chip-and-Dale lot and walk across the street.

I know everyone keeps repeating this, but it's really that important! Even if you're eating at 'Ohana, the security guard will only give you a 2-hour pass that clearly states the time you arrived.
That is not true all the time...we went at least 3 times 2 weeks ago and were never given a pass the whole time we were there...we were just waved through and we were not even staying on property...

So. Poly does not really enforce the rule as strongly as they apparently used too..the same thing in March of last year when we went..we were never given a parking pass..:shrug:

edit: if anything..Contemporary seemed to be a bit stricter in the fact that they checked our ID and Poly did not.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

WOW...Your cranky. I'm not really sure why you are arguing with me, and I am not sure why you think my comment was smart a--, but I was just stating a fact. So in return RELAX again!

WOW...Your cranky. I'm not really sure why you are arguing with me, and I am not sure why you think my comment was smart a--, but I was just stating a fact. So in return RELAX again!

(Gosh, I must be really bored!)

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Maybe handing out parking passes or checking ID's, etc. depends on the gaurd on duty. I know as a guest there, we've had times when they practically waved us through barely glancing at us, and we've had times where they checked our ID.

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

I think the point is not whether or not you can get away with it, but whether or not it is allowed. I agree with Maggie for the most part. If you go there and you are not given a parking permit with a time limit on it than I would assume that you would be allowed to park with Disneys blessing. However, if you are handed a permit with a time limit on it, follow it. Seems pretty simple to me.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

I think the point is not whether or not you can get away with it, but whether or not it is allowed. I agree with Maggie for the most part. If you go there and you are not given a parking permit with a time limit on it than I would assume that you would be allowed to park with Disneys blessing. However, if you are handed a permit with a time limit on it, follow it. Seems pretty simple to me.
That is the thing..I would follow the time limit..if they gave me a pass with one on it..but they do not..I always make adr's there and then go to the MK or to other resorts and spend time there and then return to my car.

I have been doing it for years and years..and not to avoid paying to park..because we always except for this time stay on property so we never have to pay for parking anyway...it is just something we have always done.

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

That is the thing..I would follow the time limit..if they gave me a pass with one on it..but they do not..I always make adr's there and then go to the MK or to other resorts and spend time there and then return to my car.

I have been doing it for years and years..and not to avoid paying to park..because we always except for this time stay on property so we never have to pay for parking anyway...it is just something we have always done.

Understood. I too have not always been given a parking pass. I given one this year when we had breakfast at Kona during early april. I am sure it really depends on how busy the resort is.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom