Poly Parking question

sjead

We are planning to have dinner at 'Ohana and then head over to the MK for Spectro and Wishes one night during our trip. Is it possible to drive to the Poly and leave the car there after dinner when we go to MK and then take monorail back after park closing? We don't want to drive to TTC after dinner. If this is not ible, does anyone have Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Ceekling

Are you staying on property? When we have had a car on property, they've given us a pass to display. I would think as long as you have that you'd be okay.

Upvote 0

sjead

Original Poster
Are you staying on property? When we have had a car on property, they've given us a pass to display. I would think as long as you have that you'd be okay.

We are staying on property (at AMSU Family Suite). Just want to make sure we can leave the car there after dinner since we are technically not at the Poly at that point. :wave:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We are staying on property (at AMSU Family Suite). Just want to make sure we can leave the car there after dinner since we are technically not at the Poly at that point. :wave:

Technically the answer is no, you cannot stay there though many people do.
They have towed cars away that have been found parked in the lots of monorail hotels and the owners are not registered there. You more than likely will not be bothered since it's late at night and you will be on the list of dinner guests.

If you don't want to take the chance then park at the TTC before dinner. The entrance to the Poly is right there (though it does lead to the back of the hotel grounds and not the front near the restaurants. It should take less than 5 minutes to walk the path).

Another option is to Valet park (for a fee) and you would not be in the main lot at the hotel.

Upvote 0

sjead

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I think we will either park at the TTC or take the ASMU bus to MK and then monorail to Poly. I am trying to determine now which would be better at closing. I know the buses can be a nightmare at closing, but I am sure the TTC is no picnic either!!!

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

They usually don't bother resort guests who are coming to the resort unless it is very busy. They will see your parking permit and then just ask for a resort key or photo ID. After that they should just wave you through to the parking lot. So while it is technically not allowed, there shouldn't be an issue if you decide to park there for the evening.

Upvote 0

Mr Toad

We drove there last year from Fort Wilderness. We told the guy at the gate we had reservations and might head over to see wishes. He said don't worry about it...

Upvote 0

DisneyMedic

Parking

I have a question along these lines. If you are staying on property at a Disney resort, does that include your parking for the them parks? I know you can use the buses..yuck

But if you choose to take your car is parking free at the theme park parking lots for guest?

Upvote 0

TheJonesys

Yes if you are staying on property you can park at the parks for free.

For the OP, we stayed off site last year, but booked dinner at Chef Mickeys and parked at Contemporary and then went to Spectro after, we paid extra for valet parking, but it was so worth it at the end of the evening, when we got on the resort only monorail and there was no queue and was out of the place in no time.

Hope that helps

Upvote 0

gardenia

They usually don't bother resort guests who are coming to the resort unless it is very busy. They will see your parking permit and then just ask for a resort key or photo ID. After that they should just wave you through to the parking lot. So while it is technically not allowed, there shouldn't be an issue if you decide to park there for the evening.

The resort has a sign at the entrance that clearly states they can NOT provide parking for the theme parks. It's clear that you cannot leave your car there to go to MK. People who say "It's technically not allowed but you can cheat" are a big problem IMO.

Upvote 0

Jayhawkie

Honestly I don't think that you will have a problem. You are going there for dinner. It's not like it is 8 in the morning and you are parking there to beat the system. If you feel the need, tell the security officer and see what they say. I really think that it will be ok.:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Well considering they don't even give you the 3 hour temporary dinning parking permit anymore, I don't think they really care what you do. Those parking permits are basically just for show...do you know how many guest don't even remember to put them on their dash. Disney isn't going to pay a CM to patrol the parking lots for cars without permits on the dash...they just wont spend the money. I really wouldn't worry about it to much.

They must because I have seen cars towed from the lots while we were staying at the Poly & the Contemp. They were even going to keep my in laws from parking at the WL until they found out we had arranged for them to meet us & spend the day at EPCOT with us before we checked out.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

They must because I have seen cars towed from the lots while we were staying at the Poly & the Contemp. They were even going to keep my in laws from parking at the WL until they found out we had arranged for them to meet us & spend the day at EPCOT with us before we checked out.
I have never seen them tow anyone..:shrug: and this has been for years...not saying they never have but I have never..and we have never had a problem parking there and taking the monorail to MK because you know that is what we do..:lookaroun

They also did not even give out parking passes the whole time we were there 2 weeks ago..just waved us through..without even asking if we had a reservation..which we did..but still..we have parked there before without reservations with no problems.

I guess it really all depends..:shrug:

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

As stated previously it really does depend. I have been turned away from parking when I did not have a dinner reservation. I have also been allowed to park only because I had a dinner resrvation. I would imagine if the resort is busy, they will make a much bigger deal about it. I can also see if it gets abused and the paying resort guests are unable to valet park or find a place to park than it could become quite difficult indeed. It would not surprise me if they were to tow some and start watching it significantly closer.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

I am not at all judging anyone who parks there to go to the MK...I honestly don't care...but I will say that we had several times when we were extremely annoyed on our last trip because we could not find a parking spot upon returning to the Poly in the late afternoons. We had to park at the very far end of the parking lot near the entrance booth, and our room was on the opposite end of the resort. I have a feeling that there are quite a few people who park there to go the MK, rather than just a handful who are in the know. Again, I am not passing judgment or saying it is right or wrong...but I do think that at times is does cause parking problems for Poly guests, depending on the time of day and year.

Upvote 0

gardenia

You will not have a problem doing it at all....:)

Park at the Poly, eat at Ohana and take the monorail to MK and have a great night..:)

Clueless.

Visitors cannot use the Poly for parking while they go to MK.

I have complained to the front desk when staying at the Poly about parking and was told that tow trucks would be there SHORTLY to remove unauthorized vehicles. I will continue to complain about non-guests parking at the Poly every time I go, so watch out. Your unauthorized vehicle will be next.

Upvote 0

gardenia

Do you know for a fact that's the reason those cars were being towed? What I am trying to say is if they really did care about the parking situation they would still be giving you the 3 hour temporary dinning parking permit. How is a roving security CM supposed to tell if you are staying at the resort or just eating if you don't have a permit on your dash...I don't know about you, but I smell a lawsuit if that ever happened to me considering they don't issue them any longer.

If you don't have a permit that say POLYNESIAN they can take your car. Go ahead and sue. You're not supposed to be there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom