Poly of GF???

soin2disney

Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on a question....Do you like the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian better? We have stayed at the GF before, lagoon view of the castle, but would like to try something new. I was wondering how the Polynesian is??? Also, is there a big difference in price????Planning for April 14-24th...Thanks :wave:

ssidiouss@mac.c

Id pick the Poly.. to me has way more ambiance.. I like hearing the fountain in the main loby... and the hawaiin music playing. Its also more mystical at night than the GF. The location of the monorial fits better for the rooms too I think. Also.. the bar and OHANA'S are AWESOME :) The arcade is weak though.

Upvote 0

tink rules

I've stayed at both and next time I'm going back to the Poly....

It's a bit more relaxed than the GF and the last time I was there (DEc) I got the feeling that the GF wasn't up to par as it was in past trips...

They even told me to go to Gasparilla to get breakfast because the dining room in the GF cafe couldn't take us (it was 1/2 empty...) I don't always like the way they space things out at the ADR's and the restaurants. I know they try to keep them from gettting too overcrowded, but if you are actually staying at the resort, you should be able to get in to get a meal if the place is 1/2 empty.

Upvote 0
soin2disney said:
Hi, just wondering if anyone can shed some light on a question....Do you like the Polynesian or the Grand Floridian better? We have stayed at the GF before, lagoon view of the castle, but would like to try something new. I was wondering how the Polynesian is??? Also, is there a big difference in price????Planning for April 14-24th...Thanks :wave:

The PR is great especially if you have kids. The old rooms are pretty worn. However, the new ones are great! (Leaving next week). We usually stay at the Grand Floridian just because that is where we always stayed (since 1990). I like the GF for the quietness and relaxation you experience. I also have kids and they always seem to have a blast at either resort.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

I vote Poly, Stayed at GF when it first opened, it was nice but I like the feel of the Poly much better. Plus you can sit on the beach at night and watch Wishes.

Upvote 0

tracyandalex

we were at the poly last month for our honeymoon, so of course we vote for poly. we had an awsome time!!! either way have a great trip :wave:

tracy & alex

Upvote 0

MagicMan17

It's gotta be the Poly. GF is nice but once you've stayed at the Poly, most of the other resorts suffer by comparison, in my opinion. Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

Upvote 0
I've stayed at both...and I was felt let down by the Poly. I stayed at the GF main building concierge....and at the poly concierge and i did not like the poly concierge at all. I have always had an amazing, unforgettable vacation at the GF. The restaurants, the atmosphere...and you can watch wishes from the beach....and outside of narcooscees you can even hear the audio during wishes. I adore the GF lobby....in my opinion the GF is better. But of course it is more expensive.

Upvote 0

Goofy20

I love the Poly. To me the atmopshere is one of the best on property. I love going on the beach at night and watching the fireworks. The property is absolutly beautiful and my favorite.

Upvote 0

MHSJAX

We love the G.F. at X-mas time it just looks and feels "just right". But tend to return to the Poly all others times of the year. Have great trip either one should be a nice stay.

Upvote 0

tink rules

MHSJAX said:
We love the G.F. at X-mas time it just looks and feels "just right". But tend to return to the Poly all others times of the year. Have great trip either one should be a nice stay.

I love it at Xmas too, but with the Huge Tree and the Life Sized Gingerbread House, it was a zoo this past year. There are alot of locals as well as resort guests that come for the decorations and it gets a bit hairy.... NEVER saw the Gingerbread house without a line except when it was closed.....

Go for the Poly if you want atmosphere....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom