Poly - no vacancy question

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
So it seems that October 2018, there's no standard rooms available, which is a little shocking, since that month isn't even open yet online. Anyways here's my question, since I'm not here to gripe (well maybe a little :) )

Does Disney open up more blocks of rooms occasionally, and if so, is there any guestimate on that possibly occurring?

I ran the numbers and while the lagoon rooms are available the price increase is a more then I want to spend. I did include what I expect to see as a discount offering as well. Still the price difference is beyond my budget.

With that said, what are the advantages of the lagoon view is there? I'm thinking that since we mostly are out and about either at the pool, or at a park, I don't care what the room over looks.

drizgirl

I heard a rumor they are putting the entire resort on a rotating base so they can charge every single guest for a theme park view.

jbird327

I was able to find a standard rate as long as I did not include a Saturday in the plan (10/28 - 11/2), which I was going to look into after my Oct 2017 trip. I did not try other dates or how that would work with your plans but as soon as I added a Saturday on either end, it showed not available. I have stayed both Standard and Lagoon. If you are not worried about the view, standard is just fine - at least the ones I stayed at had very nice garden views. Lagoon view has the potential to see the fireworks.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
If you are not worried about the view, standard is just fine
Perhaps I worded my post awkwardly.

I'd rather a standard room, especially since we only use the room for sleep, so I'm not less inclined to spend the extra money for a lagoon view. Disney is expensive, I don't want to compound the issue by spending even more money on something that I don't think we'd get any value out of.

COProgressFan

Perhaps I worded my post awkwardly.

I'd rather a standard room, especially since we only use the room for sleep, so I'm not less inclined to spend the extra money for a lagoon view. Disney is expensive, I don't want to compound the issue by spending even more money on something that I don't think we'd get any value out of.

Especially considering the Poly has some of the nicest "standard" view rooms on property. There are very few bad views. The only thing I can think of might be rooms in busy or noisier areas but that can happen at any resort with any view.

crxbrett

I had to split my stay up into 2 reservations in order to get a standard view. But I may opt for the marina view now anyways. But this new view explains why suddenly the standard view became unavailable so quickly.

nickys

Premium Member
I think this is to do with the new view they have introduced, of Marina view.

Maybe a lot of the standard view rooms are now recategorised as Marina view, so limiting the number of standard rooms available.

They have the new view on the website now.

crxbrett

I think this is to do with the new view they have introduced, of Marina view.

Maybe a lot of the standard view rooms are now recategorised as Marina view, so limiting the number of standard rooms available.

They have the new view on the website now.

Oh most definitely it does. Buildings like Fiji and Samoa are now all entirely Marina/Pool views. So the amount of standard views got cut in half overnight. They used to always have water views. Problem is, since the DVC took over the 3 newer buildings that were alao the resort's biggest; there are even less rooms now! This only makes standard views even harder to obtain now, and in-turn the resort is more expensive to stay at.

Wonder if the water views will take a lot longer to sell though. They are noticably pricier.

DarthVader

Sith Lord
Original Poster
Maybe a lot of the standard view rooms are now recategorised as Marina
Ahhh that makes sense, so the Poly really isn't filling up, but rather the quantity of standard rooms has been reduced.

Wonder if the water views will take a lot longer to sell though. They are noticably pricier.
I think so, because they seem to be available during the time frames I'm trying to plan my vacation. I expect them to eventually they'll sell out but as of this week there's availability.

I'm spending so much money on my Disney vacation its hard to justify (and/or save) more money for the trip. I'd rather put what little money I have left towards food, or other things, then on a room that we'll only spend sleeping at. I'm not knocking people who get the room, but for me, its hard to justify spending even more money :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom