poly luau for families advice

bgoebel

This will be our fourth trip as a family but as a child I have fond memories of the poly luau from when my family used to stay there (when it was still affordable :) ) but I have not yet been to the poly luau with my own family. I'm looking for advice on if it's worth it for families on dining plan (my children's ages are dd at time of trip next year will be 10 and 7 and my son will be there for his first trip and will be 2 when we go). We are planning on going next june when my 1 year old will be able to truly appreciate star wars weekend with us and ofcourse mickey!! Thanks in advance for any advice!

bethymouse

sure...

The Spirit of Aloha show is a great experience even w/ characters, so it has adult entertainment (women and men dancers) as well as children. It is 2 TS credits, but you can sacrifice 1 day of TS for that! We usually budget a bit of extra money on meals for specialty drinks and such. Good luck w/ your decision!
We also did HoopDeeDoo Musical Revue and my twin 7 yr old boys loved it!:)

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Short answer: no. The food isn't very good and the first 30 minutes of the show are interminable (the rest isn't much better, save for the fire dancer). I find the show to be an enormous waste of time and money.

Go to Hoop Dee Doo instead. Much better show, better food, and a whole lot more fun.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
This will be our fourth trip as a family but as a child I have fond memories of the poly luau from when my family used to stay there (when it was still affordable :) ) but I have not yet been to the poly luau with my own family. I'm looking for advice on if it's worth it for families on dining plan (my children's ages are dd at time of trip next year will be 10 and 7 and my son will be there for his first trip and will be 2 when we go). We are planning on going next june when my 1 year old will be able to truly appreciate star wars weekend with us and ofcourse mickey!! Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi there! I started the following thread awhile ago. I hope you find it helpful.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=753214

Upvote 0

Monkee Girl

Hi! I am going to go against most people and say I love the Luau! My family's resort of choise is the Polynesian. We love the Hawaiian atmosphere and the fact that it doesn't feel like we are "in Disney"...until it's time for fireworks on the beach that is, lol.

Anyway, we tried the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show for the first time a few years ago when my Aunt traveled with us. It was a blast. We had front row seats and were the "Hawaiian section" of the audience. My cousin also had to go up on stage and dance a silly Birthday Hula. And I don't think I even remember most of the show because we were all taking a gazillion pictures of the dancers because we were so enthralled by them. Afterwards, I joined a hula class and have been dancing ever since.

The food, I believe, is hit or miss. I am a very picky eater and really don't like meat on the bones, so ribs and chicken with bones is out for me, lol but I fill up on lots of rice, coconut bread and fresh pineapple. And they also offer other stuff for kids if they are picky eaters. But to me, the experience is about the show, not the food. I pay to see the dancers and the food is just there for me to pick at.

We enjoyed the show so much that the next year, when my grandmother went, we took her as well and she loved it too. We plan on going again next April. Last year, we skipped the show since we had seen it two years in a row but we actually missed it because it is part of the Polynesian experience to us.

My advise would be to go at least once and find out for yourself. There are so many people in this world and you will always get 50% of people who love the show and 50% who hate it. Go yourself and make your own choice; you may be pleasantly surprised.

Aloha!

Upvote 0

lbrad

My family has been to the Luau several times ... our children were much older than yours. I truly feel your children are too young for the Luau. You would be better to do a "character" dining, Hoop Dee Doo or Mickey's Backyard BBQ (if they like to dance). Just MHO.
Have fun:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom