Poly DVC

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
So, im sure this has been discussed, so sorry for that, but could not find it.

When (or what time frame) is the Poly DVC expected to open? Im planning a trip for '15 and hopefully I can get in!!!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
In Tikiman's June update he said the construction is ahead of schedule and may be done by the end of 2014 instead of late 2015.

The bungalows look pretty far along. I think it would be cool to stay in one, but I read somewhere that the points for 1 night in a bungalow are likely going to be as much as a week in a studio:eek: I'm probably thinking the studios then for me. From what I understand the rooms they are converting are some of the largest studio hotel rooms on property so Poly DVC will have the largest DVC studios. Probably means more points though:(

DVCPluto

In Tikiman's June update he said the construction is ahead of schedule and may be done by the end of 2014 instead of late 2015.

The bungalows look pretty far along. I think it would be cool to stay in one, but I read somewhere that the points for 1 night in a bungalow are likely going to be as much as a week in a studio:eek: I'm probably thinking the studios then for me. From what I understand the rooms they are converting are some of the largest studio hotel rooms on property so Poly DVC will have the largest DVC studios. Probably means more points though:(

Wow! I'm shocked about the possible end of this year completion. Thanks for the update!!

We're a studio family, and have a 160 pt contract, so I doubt we'll ever stay in a bungalow. Hope they are at least awesome to look at from across the lake. Very excited for the opportunity to stay at poly, as I never have!

May need to do a monorail loop split stay... Instead of drinking around the loop, we'll be sleeping around the loop... Wait... That sounded wrong. :angelic:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Wow! I'm shocked about the possible end of this year completion. Thanks for the update!!

We're a studio family, and have a 160 pt contract, so I doubt we'll ever stay in a bungalow. Hope they are at least awesome to look at from across the lake. Very excited for the opportunity to stay at poly, as I never have!

May need to do a monorail loop split stay... Instead of drinking around the loop, we'll be sleeping around the loop... Wait... That sounded wrong. :angelic:

The rumor is the bungalows will have their own small pool on the deck overlooking the bay with views of MK. Probably going to be popular, but expensive.

jpittore1

Here's a photo from our trip 6/9
IMG_6969.jpg

BigTxEars

I hate you all for posting and making me HAVE to stay in a bungalow, margarita in hand as I sit in my private pool looking at Wishes....:confused:

Now to make it up to me everyone who did needs to give me 100 points from their stash so I can stay in one when they open. :cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any word on when they will be selling points? I would love to have some there!
Soon:)

They got the sales permit last week so they have regulatory approval to begin selling the units. For VGF they got the sales permit about 4 months prior to sales beginning and 9 months before the resort opened. That puts sales beginning in the fall and the resort opening around March. Could be accelerated too if they are really far ahead of schedule. Either way you won't have long to wait:cool:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Did some further checking. For BLT sales didn't begin until 9 months after the sales permit and the resort didn't open until 18 months later. That's a little different that the Grand Floridian experience. My gut says that Poly will be more similar to GF than BLT. It's similar in size and scope to VGF plus for BLT the original sales permit didn't include all of the units.

For Poly the permit is for 162 units. That's 142 units on e you take away the 20 bungalows. It would make sense that the 142 units include some combination of 32 studios and 110 2 bedroom equivalents. For comparison sake the VGF had 100 total units in the permit so the Poly is quite a bit larger. I'm surprised how much larger.

What is the official name and acronym going to be? Since the new name of the resort is back to Polynesian Village is it going to be Polynesian Village Villas (PVV) or Villas at the Polynesian Village (VPV). Both are a little hard to say.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This has probly already been discussed somewhere but does anyone have pricing for this yet?

Nothing official yet. DVC just bumped VGF up to $165 pp so my best guess is they offer something a little lower to start. Maybe $150 to $155. Would be nice to get a DVC owner discount but that's not a lock.

The other factor is the number of points needed. VGF's point chart is significantly higher than BLT. I would hope Poly would come in between the 2 but lean closer to BLT. I think Tikiman had an update on his site saying the bungalows will be really pricey on a points per night basis. Something like the points for one night being equivalent to a week in a studio. That would put them in line with the 3 bedroom grand villas at BLT but they only have 2 bedrooms. I would guess the cash rack rate (if available) could exceed $2,500 a night!!!!!

Bparso87

Nothing official yet. DVC just bumped VGF up to $165 pp so my best guess is they offer something a little lower to start. Maybe $150 to $155. Would be nice to get a DVC owner discount but that's not a lock.

The other factor is the number of points needed. VGF's point chart is significantly higher than BLT. I would hope Poly would come in between the 2 but lean closer to BLT. I think Tikiman had an update on his site saying the bungalows will be really pricey on a points per night basis. Something like the points for one night being equivalent to a week in a studio. That would put them in line with the 3 bedroom grand villas at BLT but they only have 2 bedrooms. I would guess the cash rack rate (if available) could exceed $2,500 a night!!!!!
I think it might be closer to 160 r 165 with the bungalows and they are also selling weeks there as with the GF which sold well. If the price was 150 I would be into it I just hope the point value is not superhighway. I would like to stay at GF next year but a two bedroom is almost 100 points more then anywhere else I hope the poly won't be the same.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think it might be closer to 160 r 165 with the bungalows and they are also selling weeks there as with the GF which sold well. If the price was 150 I would be into it I just hope the point value is not superhighway. I would like to stay at GF next year but a two bedroom is almost 100 points more then anywhere else I hope the poly won't be the same.
My best guess based on cash room pricing is that Poly point chart will fall between BLT and VGF. The one reason they could try to justify the studios being more points than BLT and on par with VGF is the studios will be the largest in the DVC collection at WDW. Per Tikiman's page the rooms they are converting are 465 square ft. The new VGF studios are 374 sq ft and BLT are 339 sq ft. That means the new Poly studio rooms will be almost 40% larger than BLT studios which could mean more points.

Price is an unknown. They never offered a current DVC owner discount at VGF. I could see them maybe starting sales in the $150 to $155 range for current members for a month or 2 (if they do it at all) and then bumping it up to $160 to $165 when it opens to the general public. The fixed weeks for the Bungalows will be insanely expensive. I swiped a table from DVCNews: As of May fixed weeks made up 6% of total point sales at VGF with 223 fixed weeks sold with the majority being studio rooms. Only 15 of those were grand villas. The Grand Villa fixed weeks sell for between 906 and 1,561 points. At $160 a point that's between $145,000 and almost $250,000 to buy!!!!! I don't know how they can expect many people to have that kind of cash to spend. I wouldn't expect much more than 5 to 10% of sales for fixed weeks and mostly studios.

dixiegirl

Are they going to have the different style model rooms to look at like they usually do at SSR? I know when we were there last August they did for VGF and they were beautiful.. Very anxious to see ones for Poly..

Disneykidder

$2,500 a nigh to stay in a bungalow? Better get your cameras ready because we may only see celebrities staying there.
I thought there was a member discount for a few weeks for VGF. I remember because we were contemplating it but then got wind of The Poly and decided to wait for it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
$2,500 a nigh to stay in a bungalow? Better get your cameras ready because we may only see celebrities staying there.
I thought there was a member discount for a few weeks for VGF. I remember because we were contemplating it but then got wind of The Poly and decided to wait for it.

$2,500 is just my guess/estimate. If the point totals are in line with the Bay Lake Tower Grand Villas then I am assuming the cash rate will be too. BLT Grand Villa rack rates range from $1,968 a night during value season up to $2,732 over Christmas/New Years.:confused::greedy::hungover: Nobody is paying rack, but even at a 30% discount it's still almost $1,400 a night during value season. Crazy expensive.

You are right. They did open VGF sales for about a month last May exclusively to current DVC members for $145 a point. When it opened to the general public in June the price went up to $150 and then to $155 in January 2014. They never offered incentives like a discount per point or a developer credit Aka...cash. I think in the past they offered those for some resorts and the incentive was better the more points you bought and also better for add-on points vs new members. VGF may have been small enough and popular enough to not need it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom