Poll: Which ride has the best BMG/wait Queue music combination

Which Ride has the best BGM/wait queue theming combination?

• The Seas with Nemo

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Test Track

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Big Thunder Mountain

• Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Under the Sea Journy of the Little Mermaid

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Expedition Everest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ULPO46

But it isn't really music in the queue of HM. TOT starts almost as soon as you start walking through the walkways.
The question is, should the library room with Rod Serling be included as part of the ride or queue? I would include it as part of the ride.
It's more ride than Queue. Only because the ride starts exactly there. The problem with most rides is that the Queue isnt in a building like Space Mountain or Dinosaur. They are outdoors. So for rides like Big Thunder, the music you hear is also the music for Frontierland and visa versa for other attractions across WDW. Regardless for the actual terms, WDW has some of the most memorable theme music of any Theme Park Operator in the World.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have to go off the ramp a little here. I would have to go with the background music of theater in the wild at Disney's Animal Kingdom it has probably the most relaxing music you will listen to while you're waiting to get into a theater. It is a mix of music from World of Warcraft & Nature's Harmony called African splendor.

montyz81

Original Poster
I have to go off the ramp a little here. I would have to go with the background music of theater in the wild at Disney's Animal Kingdom it has probably the most relaxing music you will listen to while you're waiting to get into a theater. It is a mix of music from World of Warcraft & Nature's Harmony called African splendor.

And what of the line queue theming is there any?

Cmdr_Crimson

And what of the line queue theming is there any?
Uh.....Oooh....Taaa--Daaaaaaa......*Failed Drumroll*..:banghead:
finding_nemo_queue2_large.jpg

Okay.....Not everyone's a winner...I just like the music loop for it..

mouse_luv

But it isn't really music in the queue of HM. TOT starts almost as soon as you start walking through the walkways.
The question is, should the library room with Rod Serling be included as part of the ride or queue? I would include it as part of the ride.
Actually, there is organ music in the queue which counts.

Bairstow

Tower of Terror is far and away the best, though I can't help but feel like it was directly inspired by the closing scenes of "The Shining".
Not at all a fan of the current queue music used for the WDW version of Pirates. The music that's played in the queue was never supposed to be used in that version of the attraction, at least not as it is. Actually I'm just sore you can't properly hear the chess-playing skeletons' mournful Spanish guitar anymore.
That goes double for Haunted Mansion. They're playing the hallway loop out in the middle of the Liberty Square sidewalk now. WITH the wind sound effects. Drives me crazy.
The first 2/3 of Space Mountain are still great, but the last portion of the queue has been terrible since the last update.
Everest is great, as is

SEVERELY underrated:

Bairstow

Of course there is always this: which I would suggest is probably the best of all of these. (I know that is blasphemous)

Those loops are good, but they REALLY should have been longer, considering how long a lot of guests spend in those areas of the park. It felt like I was hearing the same bits of music over and over, which is disappointing considering the huge catalog of ques to choose from.
Alternately, I wouldn't have minded their taking the extra effort to record original music for the queues and shops, maybe using the same melodies from the films but at slower tempos and different instrumentation, rather than just recut the soundtrack albums.

Not that the approach Universal used was wrong- just different. Ambient music at Disney's park is frequently diegetic whereas it almost never is at Universal.

Yert3

Space Mountain has the best queue of all time. Even after they ruined it with that safety spiel, games, etc... it's still just so awesome. Space is an attraction where I almost enjoy the queue more than the attraction itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom