Poll: Which ride has the best BMG/wait Queue music combination

Which Ride has the best BGM/wait queue theming combination?

• The Seas with Nemo

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Tower of Terror

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Test Track

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Space Mountain

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • Big Thunder Mountain

• Pirates of the Caribbean

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • Under the Sea Journy of the Little Mermaid

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kali River Rapids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Expedition Everest

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

montyz81

Original Poster
I was listening to Subsonic and the Nemo BGM music for the wait queue came on. I instantly thought of the theming in that queue and how great it was. I realized that the ride was less memorable then the queue theming. I questioned whether or not the ride was bad or the theme was just that good. I figured I'd put out a poll to see what people think is the best combination of BGM and queue theming.
(I excluded rides that had next to no theme in the wait queue, example SSE) I could only add 11 responses so please feel free to post if there is something I missed. All comments welcomed

brb1006

I love the Space Mountain queue since it really fells like you're in outer space. And despite the mixed reactions about SDMT you've got to at least admit that the queue music heard while you are waiting for your Mine Train is at least catchy. I wish there was audio of the music on the Internet though.

JohnD

Love the Test Track music. The recorded announcer's voice can get annoying after a while. How many times do I need to hear I'm about to test my design?

montyz81

Original Poster
6604777681_5bbbdd9852_b.jpg
I probably should have added that one. But the queue is mostly outside and that has mostly sounds, not music. I sort of thought once you enter the room, you are already on the ride.

JohnD

I probably should have added that one. But the queue is mostly outside and that has mostly sounds, not music. I sort of thought once you enter the room, you are already on the ride.

Actually you are. The foyer and portrait chamber are part of the official soundtrack. So, yeah, I would consider it part of the attraction not the queue.

Rinx

I voted for Space Mountain but I'd like to throw Splash Mountain in there as well. I can never make up my mind between the two of them in regard to just about anything!

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I voted for Space Mountain but I'd like to throw Splash Mountain in there as well. I can never make up my mind between the two of them in regard to just about anything!
Splash is great too, but the queue music in the Disneyland version is better IMO

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Tower of Terror hands down in my opinion. The musical line up of Sidney Bechet, Buster Bailey, Fats Waller, Vera Lynn etc just perfectly captures the era. Their music along with the echo effects definitely immerse you in the time period that you are stepping back into while waiting on line. At night I feel this is even more pronounced since your surroundings are darker and creepier and the music magnifies the creepiness factor.

Johnny Three-hats

Test Track. I know the story isn't really there and there's more immersive queues out there, but something about the slick atmosphere combined with the really energized, but still suspenseful electronic music really hypes me up for the experience. Yeah, I'm gonna build my car! Yeah, it's gon' be the best! It's gonna be an ugly monstrosity and the best! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Really, I can't listen to the music without wanting to get up and jog or race around town. It's a little embarrassing.

ULPO46

It's always nice to see these. To be honest i don't have a real favorite. As I write this I'm listening to the Space Mountain queue, but i honestly can't say i have an all time favorite they all sound amazing.

ULPO46

Test Track. I know the story isn't really there and there's more immersive queues out there, but something about the slick atmosphere combined with the really energized, but still suspenseful electronic music really hypes me up for the experience. Yeah, I'm gonna build my car! Yeah, it's gon' be the best! It's gonna be an ugly monstrosity and the best! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Really, I can't listen to the music without wanting to get up and jog or race around town. It's a little embarrassing.
I miss the old techno music of the old version of test track. The beat was nice.

Johnny Three-hats

I miss the old techno music of the old version of test track. The beat was nice.
I do really like the kinda industrial theming of both the music and that queue, with all the skidding and crashing and sampled effects in the music, even if it did show its age after a while. It came together really nicely, from my understanding. I can't really say I'd want it to come back or anything, though, since I can't listen to the old theme and get hyped like I do the new one. But then maybe that's just because I never experienced it personally.

ULPO46

I do really like the kinda industrial theming of both the music and that queue, with all the skidding and crashing and sampled effects in the music, even if it did show its age after a while. It came together really nicely, from my understanding. I can't really say I'd want it to come back or anything, though, since I can't listen to the old theme and get hyped like I do the new one. But then maybe that's just because I never experienced it personally.
haha yeah i have the same feelings about that too now a days.

montyz81

Original Poster
I voted for ToT bc you failed to add HM LOL
But it isn't really music in the queue of HM. TOT starts almost as soon as you start walking through the walkways.
The question is, should the library room with Rod Serling be included as part of the ride or queue? I would include it as part of the ride.

montyz81

Original Poster
I also didn't include Norway as I haven't been on yet and am not sure what the theming and music is like since Frozen hit is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom