POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

disneygeek90

My parents main issue now is the social distancing and mask requirements. I kee pothinknig that by july reopening the mask requirement will move to "recommended" just as Disney Springs alone. infact that is my personal hope. {so far the comics stores, walmarts, etc near our place here in florida have all gone to "recommended but not required/enforced"}
I get masks being an issue, but what do people not like about social distancing? I’ve actually quite enjoyed the extra personal space.

Also, looking at Florida’s current numbers,I don’t see the parks lifting any restrictions anytime soon. A theme park is a completely different animal than a comic book store.

Last edited:

FigmentsFangirl

I get masks being an issue, but what do people not like about social distancing? I’ve actually quite enjoyed the extra personal space.

Also, looking at Florida’s current numbers,I don’t see the parks lifting any restrictions anytime soon. A theme park is a completely different animal than a comic book store.
Very much agreed {My brother and I like our reading and gaming hobbies so I used it as an example} personally I too love the personal space now given by the minimum six feet {no more needing to hide over that credit card code typing panel when typing in your PIN!!}

I guess I am just a wee bit upset of the mask requirement

beachlover4444

We decided if we were going to a park we have decided to go back to Disneyland instead. We booked flights and a hotel now the key is going to try to get a ticket and a ticket reservation. Lord help us. I am back to work in Myrtle Beach. we reopened May 1. We are now a hot spot. I work front desk at a major hotel. I am scared to death i wear my mask but most southerners here do not. You can definitely tell when someone from up north walks in, they have masks on.

beachlover4444

If yall are upset about masks just think of it this way. Myrtle Beach reopened fully wide open May 1. By June 1 we saw our cases soaring. Now we have increased 64% and are considered a hot spot. We used to have under 50 cases a day in SC now we have 800 a day in SC. Myrtle Beaches numbers are popping. Why, well nobody here wears masks. Our news channel set up 6 locations and said it was under 10% wearing them. I know it's uncomfortable. I work at a front desk at a major hotel. I wear mine 8 hours a day and have a tiny (less than poster size) plastic screen in front of me that everyone steps around. I am 3 feet from people and pray that mask does it's job. I wash my hands as often as I can get away from the desk to do so. I have purell dried out hands. And I just got called back 2 weeks ago. Want the parks open, wear a mask and get used to it. Covid isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Jeff-1971

If yall are upset about masks just think of it this way. Myrtle Beach reopened fully wide open May 1. By June 1 we saw our cases soaring. Now we have increased 64% and are considered a hot spot. We used to have under 50 cases a day in SC now we have 800 a day in SC. Myrtle Beaches numbers are popping. Why, well nobody here wears masks. Our news channel set up 6 locations and said it was under 10% wearing them. I know it's uncomfortable. I work at a front desk at a major hotel. I wear mine 8 hours a day and have a tiny (less than poster size) plastic screen in front of me that everyone steps around. I am 3 feet from people and pray that mask does it's job. I wash my hands as often as I can get away from the desk to do so. I have purell dried out hands. And I just got called back 2 weeks ago. Want the parks open, wear a mask and get used to it. Covid isnt going anywhere anytime soon.

Personally, I don't see most as being "upset" about the mask requirement as much as it being a deal-breaker (ESPECIALLY during the summer months).

Personally, with the prices they're charging for the value I'm getting (or in reality, NOT getting), it's just not worth it.

My family and I will go when that balance is mostly restored (as much as it ever is at WDW), and I can comfortably stay in a WDW theme park all day without risking heat stroke. If that means we're not going for years, so be it. I've been meaning to see more of the world anyway... :)

DisneyDebRob

I agree. Would love social distancing to be around a long time after this virus is gone.

Disney Crazed

September is when my family is giving it a go. Don't think my parents, me, and my one younger sister who is 10 will have a problem with the mask, but my 8 year old sister may fidget with it a lot because she has here at home when she has had to wear it.

Last edited:
My plan is to go back in October of 2021. I honestly do not think all of the restrictions will be gone by then, but I think most will and it will be close to normal or at least I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Bpmorley

We keep pushing our plans back farther and farther now. Now I'm worried my DVC points will expire. Hopefully this all disappears after the election

sWANNISAX

We keep pushing our plans back farther and farther now. Now I'm worried my DVC points will expire. Hopefully this all disappears after the election
Same worry. I have 42 points banned from last year as part of my current reservation that has been rescheduled three times now. I’m supposed to go in a little under two weeks. I’m totally on the fence. Part of me says don’t take the risk it will get better. The other part says what happens if the state doesn’t drop the 2 week quarantine order when I return home before March. I can’t quarantine when I’m back at work. I don’t want to lose those 42 points and already had to put some points in RCI once and it’s impossible to use them. I imagine that will be harder once travel larger resumes too. I just don’t know what to do. My podiatrist gave me an N95 mask yesterday and told me to go haha

Lirael

Had to cancel my plans for September 2020, I'm still so disappointed.

Ended up voting for 2021 but only because 2022 or after weren't an option, since I don't think I'll go back until:
-Discounts (room and such) are back;
-Attractions and fireworks are all back to working
-You aren't forced to pick a park a day even when buying Multiple Day tickets
-If the crowds go back up, I'll want ADR and FP+ back

Basically, I'm not going back until I see that I'm getting a decent value of return for the high prices I'm paying.

Plus with all the construction going on that won't be complete by 2021... might as well wait a bit more at this point.

Bpmorley

Same worry. I have 42 points banned from last year as part of my current reservation that has been rescheduled three times now. I’m supposed to go in a little under two weeks. I’m totally on the fence. Part of me says don’t take the risk it will get better. The other part says what happens if the state doesn’t drop the 2 week quarantine order when I return home before March. I can’t quarantine when I’m back at work. I don’t want to lose those 42 points and already had to put some points in RCI once and it’s impossible to use them. I imagine that will be harder once travel larger resumes too. I just don’t know what to do. My podiatrist gave me an N95 mask yesterday and told me to go haha
We have 175 points that have to be used by June 2021, they were extended due to cancelled trip in April and now August. We cancelled august because there is no way I'm wearing a mask in that weather. I don't wear one any other time, not about to start. And I'm not going to wear one on a plane. We also have 270 points in RCI because we had to cancel Aruba in June. I think the RCI pts carry over for 2 years, keeping my fingers crossed on that. As far as that quarantine, it's only voluntary here. So nobody needs to know what you do on your days off.

JohnD

October. Already have reservations for Pop Century and have made my park reservations. Looking forward to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom