POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

LF85

Despite the possible opening coming fairly soon this summer, we won't be going back until next year. I'm not convinced it's safe even with all the measures. I'm in no rush to be part of the group that tests whether it really should be open at this point.

Agreed. We’re waiting until at least next summer to go.

robhedin

I'll wait until there's a vaccine (hopefully?), it's been out in the wild, and everyone who put off travel during the pandemic has mostly rescheduled and taken their trips.

In other words... it'll be a while for me.
Q: if the vaccine efforts end up failing, does that mean you'll never go? (I'm honestly curious)

BubbaisSleep

Maybe October. A really big maybe! Luckily all my classes are online this upcoming term so my travels aren’t limited to summer this year. I just don’t know if I actually want to go. There’s just a lot going on right now. I think this quarantine is making someone in my party eccentric. I’ve brought up getting a local Airbnb on the beach or anything to make the best of these times, this person has brought up going on a cruise, now it’s Florida in October. It’s risky to be traveling right now and you must be crazy to even think of a cruise ship 😆. The last cruise ship that’s been suck at sea this whole time barely docked 2 days ago so I won’t be doing those anytime soon.

I don’t see this October trip happening either but I’ll stay hopeful we’ll see where the world is at around late August. Money will come into play as well, as if the economy is still down why not but I’m not paying big bucks to fly across the country to a subpar experience due to covid.

robhedin

I won't be returning to WDW until Fall 2022 at the earliest. Vaccine or not.
Wow. Thanks for responding. Waiting 2.5 years shows a level of caution I'm actually astounded by. I assume that you're going to wait out of an abundance of caution, and not that you're planning on hitting up DLR instead, of course! ;)

Hopefully, in your day-to-day life, you'll be less negatively impacted. This whole CV situation has been rough, but I'd hate to see people lose years of living their lives. (granted, that's assuming that CV is/does get under control soon)

RevRemy

we have a trip planned for end of September into the first few days in October and we are still a go. I have a TA, that is helping ease any trepidation I have with some of having to lock in a spot for the parks and going through the possibility of ADRs (for a third time because of COVID). We were a little bummed at first about free dining, but we only did that because we had planned character dining for every sit down. Now that we are not doing that, it looks like we will save some money and even that will be with a splurge for the Royal Table (if available) as we will only do that and one other character dining (again, if this is back. If it isn't, then we will be just fine). I feel the reduced crowds and the money I have saved, I will be fine.

Also, when we had to reschedule from our April Trip, somehow our TA got us $350 back and got us upgraded to a preferred room at POP from a standard room.

Parker in NYC

Wow. Thanks for responding. Waiting 2.5 years shows a level of caution I'm actually astounded by. I assume that you're going to wait out of an abundance of caution, and not that you're planning on hitting up DLR instead, of course! ;)

Hopefully, in your day-to-day life, you'll be less negatively impacted. This whole CV situation has been rough, but I'd hate to see people lose years of living their lives. (granted, that's assuming that CV is/does get under control soon)

I can live my life without going to WDW. But yes, I'm not spending exorbitant amounts of money to deal with masks, restrictions, and severely scaled back offerings. I drop a lot of cash on my visits but I can go sightseeing/camping, spend comparatively nothing, and have a better experience than whatever they're doing now until who knows when.

robhedin

I can live my life without going to WDW. But yes, I'm not spending exorbitant amounts of money to deal with masks, restrictions, and severely scaled back offerings. I drop a lot of cash on my visits but I can go sightseeing/camping, spend comparatively nothing, and have a better experience than whatever they're doing now until who knows when.
I hear you. If you get the chance-- head up to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, the Smoky Mountains are still beautiful and Dollywood is opening soon (admittedly with masks, but still)

Parker in NYC

I hear you. If you get the chance-- head up to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, the Smoky Mountains are still beautiful and Dollywood is opening soon (admittedly with masks, but still)

Honest to goodness, I had planned a June trip to Dollywood with friends to celebrate my birthday. While it’s going to be difficult to stay away from Disney for a long time (and if that changes, you’ll read it here!), it’s heartbreaking that I’ll miss Dollywood and the Stampede (changed but still a classic). We’ve since changed our plans. But a camping trip is in order to the Smokies. If we ever needed “the light of a clear blue morning”, better to go to the source.

Tavernacle12

I wouldn’t mind going back in March or May of next year, assuming COVID numbers are massively down/a vaccine is available and All-Stars is open (or other hotels have serious price cuts). I’m hoping to get back during what I assume to be a slow period.

epcotWSC

We have a trip planned in November, but it all depends on how things are operating. Not feeling the idea of wearing a mask all day at the parks and also if Florida is still mandating quarantines from the tristate NY/NJ/CT visitors then it's worthless.

FigmentsFangirl

My parents main issue now is the social distancing and mask requirements. I kee pothinknig that by july reopening the mask requirement will move to "recommended" just as Disney Springs alone. infact that is my personal hope. {so far the comics stores, walmarts, etc near our place here in florida have all gone to "recommended but not required/enforced"}

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom