POLL: When are you planning to return to Walt Disney World?

When do you plan to next visit Walt Disney World following the reopening from coronavirus?

• As soon as the parks reopen

Votes: 178 11.7%
  • Within the first month of reopening

Votes: 128 8.4%
  • Within the first 3 months of reopening

Votes: 185 12.2%
  • Within the first 6 months of reopening

Votes: 116 7.6%
  • Sometime in 2020

Votes: 302 19.8%
  • Sometime in 2021

Votes: 510 33.5%
  • No plans to return

Votes: 103 6.8%

• Total voters

CaptainTeo

Honestly? I don't like being cynical, but I was there in January and, while I had an amazing time, it just left me feeling like there needs to be some major changes across the board to bring it back to how it felt to be there even just a few years ago, to the point where I don't feel right planning another trip there unless those happen. I was wanting to go at the beginning of next year, because it would have been twenty years since my first visit, but, the more that I think about it, the less I feel like I actually want to.

Mike.C

Due to various scheduling reasons, we looked firstly at around May and then July. Now we are hoping that we will travel around mid October. Fingers crossed that the planet is in a healthier position in 6 months!

ARC Costa

My first ever trip to WDW is still up for middle August, this year. I was really - and I am - excited about it! I've been dreaming about it for years.. and years.
However... with this ongoing chaos I'm getting quite worried. Not only because I don't know if WDW will be fully operational, but also I fear that massive cuts in the parks (entertainment, experience, parades) will be put in place...
Last but not least: with the airline sector facing one the biggest crisis ever, I am also concerned with possible flights cancellation / airline bankrupcy (I'm flying with British and it looks like the company could be nationalized within the next weeks)...
Let's hope for the best...

Disstevefan1

Planning the last week of June. Lost my april trip to this nightmare and hoping I don't loose my June one too.

I really think they will be “open” in the last week in June. But be prepared, this will not be the WDW that you visited before. There will be changes. We will see what happens.

jiminy.cricket

I feel apprehensive about going until at the earliest the end of this year depending on how things go. We'll have to see. I'm first concerned about vaccine development, and containing future outbreaks if/when they resurface.

HouCuseChickie

I didn't vote, because I'm not really sure just yet.

We currently have a trip booked for middle of July. That trip is linked in with a softball tournament in Panama City Beach that we're scheduled to play just before Disney. While canceling Disney is easy, we have a 30 day cancellation policy on our tournament lodging, but there are a few people on the team that booked in a different way and have a 60 day. We could gamble and wait to see if things are still shut down at that point, but it's a lot of $ wrapped in to lodging that may not be easy to cancel. If the softball tournament is canceled or our coach pulls us because of lodging, we're probably not going to Disney either.

While I am concerned about finances in all of this because the economic toll is far from over, I honestly don't know if I'm going to be comfortable going a lot of places for a while when all of this is over. I'm not sure if it's a symptom of knowing people directly impacted who are in the heart of mass spreading or what, but I'm not sure I really want to be rushing in to the parks as soon as they open.

pbrsaau

I thought it would be interesting to see what your plans are for returning to Walt Disney World once the parks reopening following the closures due to coronavirus.
We have a trip planned for last week of October - booked it back in January. Hoping all this nonsense is over by then.

Brian Swan

I thought it would be interesting to see what your plans are for returning to Walt Disney World once the parks reopening following the closures due to coronavirus.
Even before the Coronavirus hit I had no plans on returning until Fall 2021, so I assuming that will be OK...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom