Poll: What's the worst mistake that imagineers could make at Epcot?

juan

The worst thing would be to change the operating times. :p
(aside from holidays and EMH)
Future World: 9am - 7pm
World Showcase: 11am - 9pm
Illuminations: 9pm

It's that way everyday and has been that way for almost 25 years, it better not change.:fork:

but it makes responding to picky guest easy. "Why doesn't the park stay open later? Why isn't some of Future World open now?" etc
all I have to respond "Our hours of operation are this way and have been this way for nearly 25 years."

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I vote for closing Spaceship Earth. Alterations to it, updates, anything of that sort i'm all for, but tearing it down or putting a thrill ride in the ball is grounds for a picket line outside the park.

Epcot82Guy

Worst possible things (within reason ;) ):

Removal of SSE (Doesn't mean the ride shouldn't be updated)

World Showcase becomes flooded with characters and character based attractions (The current setup of character greetings and one or two character attractions wouldn't be the end of the world however)

Let the Wonders of Life pavilion space sit vacant for many years

That's about it, IMO.

I agree, but there are a few others for me! :lol:

Skippy2000

Since I can't seriously consider SSE going anywhere - too much of an icon - I would dread a "character flood" also. The old character bus was great, set just the right tone: spontaneous, they're there, then they're gone; way better photo ops than in the current "empty store" environment.

We now have princesses in Norway, Nemo in the Living Seas (not that a rehab wasn't needed there), and something (someones?) apparently destined for El Rio de Tiempo in Mexico. EPCOT can't be allowed to become about selling re-released movies or character plush. If needed, keep the wand, lose the characters - please!

cloudboy

The worst thing Disney could do to Epcot is to give up on the idea of a more "thought" based park and convert it to just another collection of spin-off rides of cartoons and features.

Jade

Getting rid of Horizons would be the worst mistake they could make

oh wait

on a more serious note, i think Getting rid or the American Adventure and not adding actual rides/interesting shows (NO MORE CIRCLEVISION LEAN RAILS) to the world showcase would be a mistake

EpcotMark

Original Poster
Kudos to all who say Spaceship Earth should stay the way it is. The best way to make sure these "Wishes" happen is to make a voice yourself. Believe in the power of the individual. And that individual can and should be you. Speak out, write letters, what ever it takes. First of all, very few people actually do write letters, so when you do, there is a multiplier effect and they'll find that if one person writes a letter saying Spaceship Earth should stay or any issue, they will find that there must be at least 100 or so people who feel the same way, based on that one letter. Just be sure when you communicate anything to do so in a professional manner. Afterall, Spaceship Earth is about communication and we need to communicate appropriately and effectively.

For those of you who want the wand down, Disney will not do it for pure sentimental reasons. They have to believe that it is fiscally responsible to do so. It is important to remember this if you write to them about it. They are just another company in the business to make a profit, and that is the vantage point from which you need to communicate any idea with the company. If you communicate from that point of view, you will have much better results than any other communication strategy could do.

WDFAN1977

Things that will improve EPCOT:
  • take down the wand
  • get rid of leave a legacy
Things that will hurt EPCOT:
  • Removing all educational based attractions from World Showcase and replacing them with thrill based attractions.

Victor

I agree Rob, getting rid of the character bus in EPCOT was a horrific move. That was one of things my son and every family I ever took there raved about.. Now we get a generic line in an unudes building for horrible generic photos. Two thumbs way down on that one.

I thought that was one of the better things Epcot has done in the past years.

disney9752

hope i didnt miss another reply to this posting, but epcot used to have the whole park open at same time & close at same time, so fw & ws would open at 9am, fw & ws would close at 9pm. it was during the dark eisner days of budget cuts that the different open/closing hours were put in place. now if only we could get rid of this crap since eisner is gone.

1disneydood

How'bout adding Iraq to WS. Imagine a sand hill with heated tunnels in it ala TSI. The queue would contain an emblazed oil well, burned tanks and pickup trucks with missle launchers bolted to the beds. No shade fron the sun. Guests would empty into a giftshop of Army Surplus, and of course the bathroom would have no TP. :lookaroun That's Iraq green. Iraq orange would be a more realistic experience, not for the squeemish. RoE will add the inferno barge burnoff in front of the pavillion, as a special dedication. :eek:

JCAEdge21

the worst things they could do to Epcot are...

1) remove/change SSE
2) leave JIYIWF and not change it back to the original
3) remove Illuminations:ROE
4) change future world's/world showcase's scenery

and #5, the one that will probably get me into trouble.....

5) remove the wand

Scooter

ENOUGH WITH THE WAND ALREADY...SHEESH!:mad:

Even though I'm not that fond of it and seldom ride it anymore, I think if they ever tried to close the Small World attraction there would be riots, boycotts, mayhem and kaos.

Kacki

How'bout adding Iraq to WS. Imagine a sand hill with heated tunnels in it ala TSI. The queue would contain an emblazed oil well, burned tanks and pickup trucks with missle launchers bolted to the beds. No shade fron the sun. Guests would empty into a giftshop of Army Surplus, and of course the bathroom would have no TP. :lookaroun That's Iraq green. Iraq orange would be a more realistic experience, not for the squeemish. RoE will add the inferno barge burnoff in front of the pavillion, as a special dedication. :eek:

:lol:

DisneyDragon

Except that there would be no exit...

DisneyDragon

Bad ideas...

- Beverly in every fountain!
- Universe of SUV Juice (even if it is reality)
- Repairing the creaking and groaning SSE track mechanism, you can almost hear Jeremy "Scar" Irons...
- North Korea pavillion
- Not opening a Tim Horton's in the Canada pavillion
- The Livin' Seas Fishin' Hole
- AstroPub, for a cold beer (or three) right before Mission : Space
- Test Track: DUI Edition

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom