Poll: What type of attraction should be next?

What type of attraction should disney get next?

• River Raft Ride

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • S+S Power Tower

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Ferris Wheel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Fireworks Display

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • New Dark Ride of some sort

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • any type of roller coaster

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters

JLW11Hi

How would you categorize the "Dinosaur/Test Track" kind of rides? I think they should make one of these in MGM. I always wanted to see a 1930s, gangster chase-style ride in New York Street. It would fit in perfectly and it would give NYS a sort of reason for being. I mean, the Muppets and Honey I Shrunk the Kids attractiond there have nothing to do with New York.

Plus, I like gangster movies. :)

compell

Would have to say a either a coaster in AK or a Dark Ride in World Showcase, preferably on the Canada/ England side. Since the only attrations on that side seem to be movies.

Kenan

HERE ARE MY CHOICES FOR NEW DISNEY RIDES...

MAGIC KINGDOM
WORK ON THE 20K AREA! IT NEEDS IT. PUT IN A ROLLER COASTER. IT IS DEAD SPACE IN NEED OF LIFE!

EPCOT
STORM RIDER, SWISS MATTERHORN, OR SOARIN

MGM
VILLIANS RIDE INSTEAD OF GREAT MOVIE RIDE

AK
NEEDS MORE HELP THAN ANY OF THE PARKS. DONT THE COMPANY SEE IT? FIX THIS PARK. ITS DYING. (JUST LIKE DCA BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY) PUT IN BK, OR SOMETHING SIMILAR. AND THEN ADD SOMETHING TO ASIA CAUSE KALI RAPIDS IS LACKING A LOT! ALSO, AFRICA NEEDS SOMETHING! THE SAFARI DOESNT PULL IT TOO MUCH.

mousecar

A Soarin over anything ride would be great! The one at Disneyland was breathtaking. It could be themed to any part of the parks. How about Soarin over the Disney Theme Parks?

RPMdfw

Hawiian Roller Coaster Ride

Okay, this has been percolating in my mind since I saw Lilo & Stitch the second time. Why not a Hawaiian Roller Coaster? (The song obviously sparked this idea)

Here's what I'm thinking. It can go in Fantasyland in the old 20K Lagoon. Call it Lilo 7 Stitch's Hang Ten. Do a stand up coaster with cars that look like surfboroards. The coaster is themed with Lilo, Stitch, & Nani running from Jumba and Captain Gantu, and have to surf to get away from them. All along the tracks, are fountains and "walls of water" to simulate as much as possible the "tunnel" of water that the coaster is supposed to be surfing through.

The ride would of course include "shooting the curl"( a corskscrew) and the "wipe out" (Double loop inversion) and of a splash down "landing"

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Rob

ocolectr

Originally posted by Kenan
HERE ARE MY CHOICES FOR NEW DISNEY RIDES...

:rolleyes: Ok! Calm down now... Take a breath... It will be all right...

Just Please stop the SHOUTING! (It’s really interfering with the voices in my head!) :hammer:

My 2 cents:

Anything for AK

A Soarin' or any other ride for WS. (They should have put Winnie the Pooh in the UK pavilion and left Mr. Toad alone.)

Something fun for AK

Maybe the 20,000 Leagues walk-through from DLP to replace the old 20K ride.

A ride for AK.

Re-do the backlot tour at the Studios.

Did I mention any type of a something ride for AK?
:p

bamboo7

Originally posted by ocolectr

A Soarin' or any other ride for WS. (They should have put Winnie the Pooh in the UK pavilion and left Mr. Toad alone.)

:p

i'd ahve to disagree about putting pooh in the UK pavilion. all the world showcase attractions are about their countrys. now pooh may be of brittish origins, but the attraction isn't about the UK. i just don't see it fitting in there at all.

and i certainly do miss toad hall, and loved MTWR more than the new pooh attraction, but no one knew who Mr. Toad was anymore. it was too dated, so you really can't blame them for doing away with it.

cymbaldiva

Re: Its not letting me vote

Originally posted by Justin
Why isn't letting me vote? it says the action is canceled....

Me too! I'm sure this has been answered already, but I'm frustrated - I wanted to vote!!

JLW11Hi

Re: Hawiian Roller Coaster Ride

Originally posted by RPMdfw
Okay, this has been percolating in my mind since I saw Lilo & Stitch the second time. Why not a Hawaiian Roller Coaster? (The song obviously sparked this idea)

Here's what I'm thinking. It can go in Fantasyland in the old 20K Lagoon. Call it Lilo 7 Stitch's Hang Ten. Do a stand up coaster with cars that look like surfboroards. The coaster is themed with Lilo, Stitch, & Nani running from Jumba and Captain Gantu, and have to surf to get away from them. All along the tracks, are fountains and "walls of water" to simulate as much as possible the "tunnel" of water that the coaster is supposed to be surfing through.

The ride would of course include "shooting the curl"( a corskscrew) and the "wipe out" (Double loop inversion) and of a splash down "landing"

Just my thoughts.

Cheers!

Rob

hey that woudl be cool! Thought: does anyone remember the chair lift "ride" at Blizzard Beach, and how when you got on, the skis would come out from underneath to make it look like you were wearing skis? That would be cool to do for this ride, except have surf boards come up from underneath.

Jusjuice

At AK, some sort of indoor roller coaster or dark ride would be cool. The park has no dark rides. A Tarzan roller coaster would be cool. you could be flying through an indoor jungle. Also, a Jungle book dark ride/boat ride would be cool for Asia.

Dizknee_Phreek

personally, i don't think any of the countries in WS need a rollercoaster. they're supposed to be educational on the basis of the cultures of a particular country...now, if a rollercoaster could educate me on the culture of Japan (etc.) then i would be all for it, but i just don't see that happening. besides, the countries are gorgeous just the way they are...to me, putting a coaster in one of them would just be a major eye-sore! unless they put the coaster inside a building that's themed on the outside.
quite honestly, i'd hate to see a coaster go up anywhere in Epcot...but if they HAD to put a coaster there, i'd prefer to see it in FW than WS.

now, as for what i think Disney should put in next...my vote goes to a river ride. i love those (especially on a hot, summer day) and Disney just doesn't have enough of those! i'm not exactly sure where i think they need one (i guess they have never made one before KRR because the theme was just never really right for one) but i guess the most likely place would be either Frontierland or Adventureland (though they should most definately keep JC)
as for new coasters...i just rode my first wooden coaster(s) Monday (The Raven and The Legend @ Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN....loved Raven *rode it 3 times* but Legend was a little too rough for me *rode it 1*) but i would LOVE to see Disney get a wooden coaster. i'd prefer to see it a lot more themed, of course, then Raven and Legend. but there's just something wonderful and old-fashioned, yet new and exciting about a wooden coaster that i just don't see in the coasters at six flags and IOA. at one point, i was waiting at the exit of Legend for my friends to get off after their 2nd time of riding, and i just watched the track as the car zoomed by...and it was just a wonder to me as to how the thing stayed together! i've never seen a track shake so much! and when the cars entered the loading buildings, the whole building shook! i don't ever recall experiencing that on any other coaster. but i just think it would be great to see a wooden coaster in WDW!

jmarc63

I got some Ideas.

the atlantis movie: have an underwater experience based on the atlantis movie in the jules vern style

Herbie the love bug: a dark ride where alanzo hawk is trying to catch you and herbie

My Favorite Martian: you are in uncle martins space ship and it shrink down to enter the sewer system to avoid the athourities

thats all I can come up with now

gracchoi

I'm not big on large, fast, looping roller coasters, but I think that's what Disney needs to hold the interest of older kids and young adults without children. A roller coaster with a good theme would be best.

I was also thinking about a Hercules ride, it could be kind of rough, scary, with all the labors of Hercules and the battle with the Titans, etc. There'd be lots of opportunity for noise, shaking, wind and water. Hercules just seems like a movie made for a ride.

Julie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom