POLL: Have you ever had to evacuate a ride at WDW?

Have you had to evacuate any ride at WDW while on the ride?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lord Starwalker

As a local Floridian I have lost track of the number of trips at this point. It's somewhere near 45 trips I think. In all of these visits I have yet to be evacuated. I've been stopped temporarily several times and seen rides closed due to technical issues.

I have seen backstage areas several times via guided tours like Keys to the Kingdom tour.

NelleBelle

If tours ever resume, take the Keys to the Kingdom tour to see even more of the warehouse look backstage. Unfortunately, cameras are not allowed during the tour so I have nothing that can be shared.
Running the marathon the couple of times I've done it I've really enjoyed the "backstage" areas you get to run through in the parks. Not sure why I never thought to take pictures...I did run with a camera and did stop to take pics with characters (the rare ones brought out for the day) but not once did I think to take pics backstage!

champdisney

Never. Luckily after all my past trips to WDW, no matter how big or small those trips were, I never had to be evacuated from an attraction.

Knock on wood it doesn’t happen on my next visit!

Deranged Hermit

On the Haunted Mansion at Walt Disney world with my handicapped sister who is barely able to walk. Most incredible behind the scenes tour of what the inside of the ride looks like. Followed a long narrow ramp with all the lights on. You would not recognize the ride with the lights on. Just a huge bundle of wires and electronics. Every once in awhile we would recognize some object from part of the ride. We were repeatedly told not to take pictures. The path was tiny and my sister struggled to get out of there. We stopped whenever there was a path wide enough to let others pass us. Was an incredible and horrible experience that I will never forget.
The behind the scenes look at Haunted Mansion is pretty cool. Happened to us about 5 or 6 years ago.
The other time it happened was on Splash Mountain. Some idiot never took off his hat and it flew off and got stuck in the track. We sat there for a half hour before they let us off.

LAM378

Only once that I can remember, GMR. The ride stopped right next to the Ripley AA and we were swiftly evacuated out the nearest emergency exit, which was only 10 or 15 feet away. There was a small fire somewhere in the building.

rat face

Not at WDW but while at Disney Studio's Paris I got evacuated from a restaurant (small kitchen fire). Not too bad I was just woking on the last few sips of beer when all the alarms went off. I was told to save my receipt and to come back for refund or new meal. I headed over to Rock N Roller coaster got close to the end and it stopped. Flash lighted out and given a fast pass type ticket for when ride started back up. Walked back over to the restaurant they were back in business went in and got a refund on my meal that Ihad already ate. With my refund I got a couple more beers. By the time I was done with my beers RnR was up and running. So it all worked out well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom