Poll: Do you take a laptop?

Do you take a laptop on vacation to WDW?

• Yes, I take a laptop for work purposes.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Yes, I take a laptop to get on the internet.

Votes: 15 9.2%
  • Yes, I take a laptop for pictures and entertainment.

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • Yes, I take a laptop for multiple reasons.

Votes: 71 43.6%
  • No, I have a laptop but don't take it.

Votes: 27 16.6%
  • No, I don't have a laptop. If I did, I would take it.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • No, I don't have a laptop and wouldn't take it if I did.

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I take mine with me for two reasons: to get on the internet and check email, and to upload the day's photos so I can delete them from the memory card.

I must complain, however, about the very short cords in the resors. I love to be able to sit in bed with my laptop, and that just is not possible with those cords!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I take mine with me for two reasons: to get on the internet and check email, and to upload the day's photos so I can delete them from the memory card.

I must complain, however, about the very short cords in the resors. I love to be able to sit in bed with my laptop, and that just is not possible with those cords!!

I don't really like the setup in many of the resorts either. One had it coming out by the nightstand - like that'd work - and others have it on the little table in the room. While this seems like a good idea, what about room service?

The only place that really pulled it off ever was the Grand Californian at DLR. They had a huge cord, several places to put it, and darnit they brought me a table for room service. It sounds silly, but having someone push in a table with a nice what table cloth and arrange your chairs for you and even put out the silverware is really how breakfast at 7am should be served at all the delux resorts.

WDWRLD

I use it to upload photos and to send photos to those back in the real world. The local radar sweep is also a plus, it seems that every time I turn on the weather channel either I just missed my local "on the eights" or jim cantore is having another one of his weather specials.

WDWRLD

I don't really like the setup in many of the resorts either. One had it coming out by the nightstand - like that'd work - and others have it on the little table in the room. While this seems like a good idea, what about room service?

The only place that really pulled it off ever was the Grand Californian at DLR. They had a huge cord, several places to put it, and darnit they brought me a table for room service. It sounds silly, but having someone push in a table with a nice what table cloth and arrange your chairs for you and even put out the silverware is really how breakfast at 7am should be served at all the delux resorts.

I always carry a 25 ft cat 5 cable which will reach anywhere in the room, I thought about carrying my wireless router, I keep worring about my 7 year old running around and pulling the computer off the table.

lcsrig

We take ours everywhere. Have it with us now on a weekend getaway. My DH needs to have it to check email for work. I like it to stay on top of things. DS likes to watch movies and play games. Can't go anywhere without it! ;)

WeLComeHomE OKW

yeah, i take mine as well. i just need the internet, and i need this website! i think im just as addicted to disney world as i am to wdwmagic! :lol:

although, this time i am bringing it for a different reason. I am going on vacation starting this friday. But, this time, I am going to be working at Disney World Starting in two weeks for the rest of the summer.

So, i need my laptop just cuz my "trip" is so long term.

The Mom

Premium Member
Are you there right now,or somewhere else. :lookaroun :lookaroun :animwink:

I'm sitting in a 6th floor condo, right on the beach, drinking my coffee, and watching the surf. It's pretty grey out, but I'm hoping the sun will come out later.

The :lookaroun was because the three building condominium doesn't have internet access....officially. ;) My in-laws asked, and were told they would have to go to Starbuck's. The Son (and friend) piped up and said, "No you don't; we're already online." :lol: (Each family is in a different condo, so he went over and showed them how to do it.)

wickedfan07

We'll be taking my laptop on our trip at the end of this month. We have a long drive to Orlando from Pennsylvania, so we'll be using it in the car to watch movies and such. Then while at WDW we'll use it to dump our pictures on at the end of the night. Probably won't bother using the internet though. I'll have enough to keep me occupied.

Kadee

We always take one to download pictures every night. I take so many pictures that I wouldn't get through two days without filling up a 2GIG card. No one has ever bothered the laptop or anything else in our room on any trip (I hope I didn't jinx myself :lookaroun ).

MousekeTina

My Dads bringing his laptop, We have 3 digital cameras that were all gonna end up filling at 3 different parks. We're bringing extra batteries and extra memory chips, so we're gonna need to upload all our goods at the end of the night so we can start fresh for the next park!

DisneyPirate85

Yes we too take my laptop, but for the same reasons already posted here several times. 12 hour drive "home" so we can watch movies on the way there and to download our pictures everyday. And once, when it was pouring,Hurricane Dennis 2005, we paid the $10.00 dollars for Inet. Also when traveling thru larger cities,was able to log on wirelessly thru some free inet providers. But in the same line of thinking, I take my cell phone but only for emergencies. when we hit the gate it is turned off and noone can call us.
My employees DO NOT UNDERSTAND the meaning of I"M ON VACATION!!:drevil:

DisneyPirate85

I use it to upload photos and to send photos to those back in the real world. The local radar sweep is also a plus, it seems that every time I turn on the weather channel either I just missed my local "on the eights" or jim cantore is having another one of his weather specials.
OMG Would have to agree with you on the weather channel, if its not Jim, Its Dave Swartz, That guy grinds on ya, "Hello my friends". lol little off thread but just had to post!

NeedABreak

I bring my lappy for uploading pics from my camera. I am also going to be setting up a network webcam so I can check in and make sure the cats are getting along.

JWG

I take my work laptop, but would take my home one even if I didn't need my work one.

I like to have access to maps and updates, but really can't be cone from work for 12 days without checking in :(

agdbeanie

We take ours mainly to empty pictures off our camera, but its nice to be able to get online and check email. No work stuff though!

mrerk

Premium Member
I don't ever take my laptop because I'm afraid that something will happen to it. I may eventually start taking it to download pictures.

Memory cards are so cheap right now we don't bother downloading the pictures anymore. We do however use the laptop to watch a movie on the flight down, get directions for shopping or day trips, and keeping track of our businesses.

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
I bring mine because of online grad school. No vacation from that. :(

Since it's there, I use it for clearing the camera chip as well.

And wdwmagic, of course. :)

WDWFigment

Several years in IT have made me an email addict. However, my cheapness prevents this addiction from getting its fix in WDW, as I won't pay the $10 per day. I do take it to review pictures and to use while waiting at the airport. With the gigantic size (and cheap price) of memory cards nowadays, I don't understand how anyone runs out of space, unless taking over 1,000 pictures on the trip. Maybe a topic for a different thread, but how many pictures do you all generally take on a week-long trip to WDW?

jesserin

I bring ours to upload pics. On our trip in Jan when I had the stomach flu I used it to get online though... I was bored out of my mind stuck in the room with a trashcan as a pillow for 3 days... while DH took DD to the parks. It was a welcome relief to have it there... but usually it's just for uploading pics. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom