Poll: best queue in Magic Kingdom

Which of these attractions has the best queue in Magic Kingdom?

• Total voters

Smiley/OCD

I'm on team Splash Mountain. It's surprisingly cool even tough there's no AC and the smell of the water is almost inviting...until you get on the ride itself
Temperature really shouldn't be a factor in the choice of "the best queue"...IMHO, it should be based on immersiveness...while JC, PotC and 7DMT are great, again, my opinion, BTMRR is the best at MK

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Temperature really shouldn't be a factor in the choice of "the best queue"...IMHO, it should be based on immersiveness...while JC, PotC and 7DMT are great, again, my opinion, BTMRR is the best at MK
Oh, I love Splash for that as well. It perfectly puts you in the middle of a cave that could be found in either our world or the cartoon world

mariedarling

I voted for Big Thunder Mountain because i like the views from the line.

I almost voted for Pirates BUT i hate that the lights are so low it messes with my vision.

JIMINYCR

PotC. Love walking through the old fort corridors, with the assortment of cannons, cannon balls, swords and muskets. But I always look forward to seeing the skeleton chess players stuck in the stalemate.

justintheharris

So I don't count the stretching room as part of the queue so Haunted Mansion isn't my favorite. I feel like a lot of people who vote for it consider the foyer and stretching room as part of the queue? Maybe?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
For this poll, I had to vote for PotC. Even walking up to the front of the show building, you feel like you are back in time. Then, once you enter the queue... that is one of the pinnacles of Disney Imagineering on display. As much as I love Splash, the queue doesn't approach that of Pirates. BTMR... the queue enhancements help, without a doubt, but it's still a whole slew of covered switchbacks.

SamPR810

Jungle Cruise. Before they added the Jungle Navigation Company elements, this was one of the most boring waits in the park. But now, I love the period details, particularly the up-tempo big band music and humorous commentary on the DBC radio broadcasts.

Jungle Cruise all day every day!

Heppenheimer

These polls made me realize something. Disney World has much better queues than Disneyland. Not only is the themeing usually less detailed in California, but you are often exposed to the mid-day sun with very little cover. I do prefer Disneyland's waiting area for the Tiki Room, mainly because you can sit around eating your Dole whip in the shade vs. standing in line at Disney World. The Jungle Cruise, Splash Mountain and maybe Big Thunder Mountain are about the same, but in almost every case for ride-by-ride comparisons (off the top of my head), Disney World does it better.

Indiana Jones has a great queue, with much of the same atmosphere as the Jungle Cruise, but of course, Disney World doesn't feature this ride.

Kevin_W

I voted Peter Pan - after the extended queue was added a few years ago, you could argue that the queue is as good or better than the ride! PotC, BtMRR, 7DMT were also in the running for my vote.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom