Pokemon Go in Disney World

I'm playing it and loving it but I'm not going to be playing it in the parks or out in general it drains battery too much and I like my phone for way more important things when I can't get to a charger. I'll play at my villa though where it's both safe & where I can charge easily.

G00fyDad

Original Poster
Funny that many people are saying that someone's hobby (Pokemon Go) is a waste of time while at the same time would fiercely defend their hobby (Disney) if attacked. Let people enjoy what they want to enjoy.

Once again..... I don't really have a serious problem with the game. I may not care for it but that is my personal opinion and I wouldn't make fun of someone for using it. I just wanted to know if Disney had groups of people running around using this app and not paying attention to where they are going. For those that say a person is doing it wrong if they are staring at their phone instead of watching where they walk then I guess everyone is doing it wrong. We took our son and his friend to Waterfront Park in Louisville yesterday and I watched people walking all over the place collecting Pokemon while staring at their phones. We walked by a lot of them and yes, it was Pokemon hunting they were doing. I get it that there are Pokemon lovers that feel like I am stabbing them each time I tell them I think the game is silly but I am not trying to be mean about it when I say these things. It is the way I feel. Do I get bent out of shape when someone I talk to says they do not like Call of Duty? No. Because not everyone likes the same thing. If people want to play Pokemon then great.

Chipster

Is there a family out therr whose main objective of going t Disney is to spend time with their family and have a great time together? I visited in January and was amazed by the number of people walking with their eyes glued to their cell
phones. Put them away folks - use them only for additional fastpasses and a posed photo if you don't have a camera. Spend time with your family make and cherish those memories. LIFE IS TOO SHORT! Ok Ive vented. Talk to each other. Tell your family you love them in person and show it by spending quality together​

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom