Pofq

AJScooch

Just booked our vacation for next August at POFQ. We've never stayed there. Would like some advice on what building to stay at and if there is anything that we should look out for. I've seen some people write some negative things about the resort. Hoping we made a good choice or we may switch to a different resort.

WDW 3

We've stayed there and liked it a lot. Small and quiet. Building 5 was great. Close to the food court, hot tub and bus stop. Back side of building 5 facing away from the pool. I thought our room was in good shape. I have read complaints about the condition of some rooms, not the case for us. Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

The resort is so pleasantly compact that there's no suchthing as an inconvenient or far-away building. At some resorts, room location can make or break your stay at that resort. POFQ is definitely not one of those.

Upvote 0

miles1

We've always found the French Quarter very comfortable as well. As others have said, its smaller than the other resorts, so everything is an easy walk from your room. Not too much noise, the theming is nice, and the food court is pretty good as well. For some reason, we've found the bus service to be very good there. During less busy times, the buses stop there before heading to Riverside, so you can almost always get a seat.

I really can't think of anything negative to say, except that the pool bar always seemed to close early for my needs. :lol:

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

My family loves POFQ! And with news of the rooms being redone, it should only be better. As others have said, the resort is the smallest, so everything is pretty convenient. Personally, our favorite building to stay in has been 5, especially facing the garden. The kids have a great time trying to catch little lizards, and it is a wide expanse of grass for them to run, or for me to enjoy a quiet moment in the morning on a nice bench. The pool is just on the other side, and it is a short trip to food (try the begneits) and bus. I love having only the one bus stop. And, again as has been said before, if the bus continues to Riverside, you are the first ones on, so you have a seat, and after a long day, the first ones off.

Also, it is only a short walk to POR. Lovely stroll along the Sassagoula. Or carriage ride. You can take the boat to DTD, or POR. Also very nice. You can also use the pool at POR for a change of pace, but my kids have always loved Doubloon Lagoon.

In any case, have a wonderful trip!:wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We have stayed at the POFQ twice...back in 2000 we had a great trip and loved the place but in 2009 it was not go good. Trip overall was fun but the time we were at the resort left a bad taste for this resort. It is very poorly managed. But you would have to think that we were one of very few...lots of folks stay here and most have a great time. You will get negitive about all the resorts. I would not change your plans unless your truely are not get warm fuzzies about staying here.

Upvote 0

Shunasee

We loved POFQ, so much we are going back in Feb. I asked DH if he wanted to try another resort and he said no.

We were in Bldg 5 and a corner room, so we had two windows and a "king" size bed. It was perfect for the two of us.

We did peek around at some other resorts, but for us, none matched POFQ.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

POFQ is small, so the walks are very nice. I also like the boat ride to POR, which is such a beautiful resort. What is your dilemma with the resort? It is lovely and the pool is fun.

Upvote 0

mm52

Just booked our vacation for next August at POFQ. We've never stayed there. Would like some advice on what building to stay at and if there is anything that we should look out for. I've seen some people write some negative things about the resort. Hoping we made a good choice or we may switch to a different resort.

POFQ is are favorite resort on property:sohappy:. We have stayed at the Beach club and CB but we always end up going back to POFQ. We go at least once a year so we've been there many, many times. We request building 2, and we like the ground floor. Building 2 is close to the lobby and food court and after a long day at the parks it nice not to have to walk to far to the room. We love the boat ride to Downtown and the the size of the resort is a real plus. It just feels right for us when we are there, like our second home. Hope that helps you. Have a magical trip. We just got back a couple of weeks ago and I already miss it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom