POFQ: Scat Cats?

vb4hire

Is the lounge "Scat Cats" still open at POFQ?

Whats strange is there seems to be little to no mention of this lil' lounge when looking at resort features. I found a pic on another site, and ONE mention of it in these forums. I even found a mention on a site that drinks were served poolside... but didnt mention the Scat Cats lounge. Nothing on the disney site.

Not that I am a big drinker :rolleyes: , but parks close early when I will be there... and I know DTD is a short boat ride away... but may find some time at night where I may want to "chill" adult style, close to home.

I know there was a restaraunt there that closed... did Scat's go away then too?

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
It is still there. It kind of took over where Bonfamille's used to be. There is live music sometimes, a self-playing piano, and on a few ocasions i have seen some groups of people sitting around at night watching the game or playing poker. It is a nice relaxing place to enjoy some adult time with some new friends.

Upvote 0
Last time I was there it was still around (Feb 2005). Nice little bar. I remember when you could still smoke there (Feb 2001), that was nice. Don't yell at me, I know smoking is gross and dangerous, I'm just feeling nostalgic. I've stayed at FQ every time I've been to Disney and tipped a few back at ScatCat's, and enjoyed it every time. It's a nice way to end the day.

Upvote 0

vb4hire

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.

I almost considered changing our hotel to Riverside. I made assumption that with restaraunt gone and no mention of a lounge.. that there wasnt' one there. I kept digging cause I found it odd that even Pop Century has a lounge area (although kinda stuck out in the general open food area).

Luckily last night I caught a trip report from someone who mentioned Scat Cats... which i was then able to google and find several other mentions of. (older posts, which still had me unsure).

Bonus Points to hear that they have live musician there at times!

Upvote 0

kevandsara

My fiance and I went to Scat Cat's back in Jan '06, and we really enjoyed it. There was a live band (well, one guy..but he played like 5 instruments, not at once mind you...) but it was very enjoyable. Also, the drinks were the strongest of any lounge I've ever been to...yikes...:eek:

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
kevandsara said:
My fiance and I went to Scat Cat's back in Jan '06, and we really enjoyed it. There was a live band (well, one guy..but he played like 5 instruments, not at once mind you...) but it was very enjoyable. Also, the drinks were the strongest of any lounge I've ever been to...yikes...:eek:

Yea. Forgot to mention that part too. Very good drinks. :slurp:

Just another thing to add to the list of why POFQ is my favorite resort.

Upvote 0

alya922

I was there in Feb '06 and it was definitely open. There was live music almost every night I was there (Don't count on that because I don't know if it's the norm or not, that's just how it was then). The guy was amazing! He played the saxophone, sang, and a bunch of other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's definitely a nice place to just sit and relax and have a good drink.

Upvote 0

Simba's Mom

Yes, and there's live entertainment there several nights a week (or at least there was in November/December). Elliot Dyson, who used to be a regular performer at the PI Jazz Company performs there. I think he has his own website. After having paid to see him at Pleasure Island, it was a treat to get to see him for free.

Upvote 0

monorailguy01

oh yeah it's open, It's not like in RS where they have a jazz band that plays once in a while I believe, it's a one man band in FQ but yes it is still open and it's great to go to if you get to the hotel early and want to sit have a drink and listen to music. The pool bar is also good too

Upvote 0

bferrara16

I was there in May, 2006 and Scat Kats was open. I also caught the one-man band one night (his name escapes me) and he is very entertaining. Gets the small crowd involved in almost every song. Good fun

Upvote 0

themax

Still there with music on from Wed to Sat nice way to end the day, and like it was said, watch out for the Margaritas also the Bahama Mamas and the Southern Cyclone, think thats what it was called ,bit hard to remember after one,

Upvote 0

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
:cool:
Cool. Thanks. I have been there but never notice it.

It is kinda hard to see unless you are looking for it. There are big wooden doors leading into the Food Court. Right before them there is a little terrace kind of thing in the lobby. In the back of the terrace there is the bar. The whole thing used to be a really good Table Service restaurant called Bonfamilles.

The self-playing piano is cool. :cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom