POFQ room request

britlightyear

Tangential question:

If we wanted to bring our chairs onto the "exterior hallway" to sit for a while, would it be easier to do on the ground floor than a higher floor, or is there the same amount of room regardless? Hard to tell from the photos I've seen. It looks like plantings take the place of the railings on the ground floor, or there's a railing in there behind the plantings. Just wondering - my only concern about a moderate is that there are no balconies, so just wondering about this. I actually think ground floor would also be good because you can just walk out of your room and find a bench to sit on, etc.

I agree with Tuvalu. Doing this on the ground level might not be such a big deal as it's fairly easy to walk around. However, doing this on upper floors would probably annoy people as the walkways do not have that much space between the railings and walls. Plenty of benches everywhere around the resort.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I agree with Tuvalu. Doing this on the ground level might not be such a big deal as it's fairly easy to walk around. However, doing this on upper floors would probably annoy people as the walkways do not have that much space between the railings and walls. Plenty of benches everywhere around the resort.
At POFQ there's about as much space on the concrete at ground level as there is on the balconies...so, still annoying. It's not like Pop Century near the main pool or something in that respect...

The OP was right. There are plantings and gardens that butt right up to the concrete at many of the buildings (but not all).

Also, the chairs in the room are...cumbersome. However, there is a spot between the doors where I could see this working...

The rooms are like this (excuse my ASCII art).

[----]_/"""""\_[----]_/"""""\_[----]_/"""""\_

[----] == Window
_ == Wall
"" == Wall
/ and \ == Door

As long as you didn't block the other door (or that person wasn't there), I could see it working out ok. But, I wouldn't put them in front of the windows...that would completely obstruct the walkway, regardless of level, I suspect.

Allym146

We were in building 3, ground level at POFQ and loved it. Quick walk to the main building, away from the pool (we don't have kids) and looked out to a nice courtyard. I feel like all the grounds are so nice it'd be hard to go wrong.

I saw some people sitting outside their doors in the early morning on upper levels...I would not think twice and just kindly say hello if I had to walk by them. I don't see the point in getting worked up about things like that. Although,the resort might see it as a safety hazard if people had to evacuate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom