POFQ room request

draybook

Original Poster
I'm going to try to fax in a room "request" for our trip in two weeks. I'm looking at the room layouts on the Po_Org site and I'm thinking the pool facing side of building #1 looks like a good bet for possible river views. Any thoughts?

kasey1988

We requested building 5 last year , corner room and we recieved it. This is what we requested again this year, it was a great location, across from the pool and building 5 guaranteed no parking lot view and being close to the parking lot wasnt important to us. A corner room is nice (even tho we had an interior cornered), it had two windows. We called in our request tho, I thought I had read somewhere they don't take faxes anymore. 25 days until check in at pofq for us!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm going to try to fax in a room "request" for our trip in two weeks. I'm looking at the room layouts on the Po_Org site and I'm thinking the pool facing side of building #1 looks like a good bet for possible river views. Any thoughts?
If you want a river view...pay for it.

Otherwise, I'd say choose building 4 garden view.

Just thoughts. It's a very neat little hotel!

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I will say that although various people on here say that faxing room requests has no infulence we have done this for all 3 times we stayed @ CSR and have always got where we asked for ... coincidence ?? Who knows

75disney

Last year, we were in building 5. Our standard view room overlooked a beautiful garden/ lawn where they showed the movies at night. The building was very close to the food court, a short walk to the bus stop, the pool was on the other side of the building, and the river was at the end of the building. No parking lots in sight. Great location!

danpam1024

We like building 6- farthest room great view out the side window of the river and out of the front gardens. really you can't go wrong :)

jkl2000

Tangential question:

If we wanted to bring our chairs onto the "exterior hallway" to sit for a while, would it be easier to do on the ground floor than a higher floor, or is there the same amount of room regardless? Hard to tell from the photos I've seen. It looks like plantings take the place of the railings on the ground floor, or there's a railing in there behind the plantings. Just wondering - my only concern about a moderate is that there are no balconies, so just wondering about this. I actually think ground floor would also be good because you can just walk out of your room and find a bench to sit on, etc.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Tangential question:

If we wanted to bring our chairs onto the "exterior hallway" to sit for a while, would it be easier to do on the ground floor than a higher floor, or is there the same amount of room regardless? Hard to tell from the photos I've seen. It looks like plantings take the place of the railings on the ground floor, or there's a railing in there behind the plantings. Just wondering - my only concern about a moderate is that there are no balconies, so just wondering about this. I actually think ground floor would also be good because you can just walk out of your room and find a bench to sit on, etc.
Please don't bring your chairs outside the room. The concrete walkways on all floors (including the ground floor) are narrow, and folks sitting in chairs outside their room obstruct the walkway. There are plenty of benches scattered throughout the resort if you would like to sit outside.

jkl2000

Please don't bring your chairs outside the room. The concrete walkways on all floors (including the ground floor) are narrow, and folks sitting in chairs outside their room obstruct the walkway. There are plenty of benches scattered throughout the resort if you would like to sit outside.

What dates will you be there?

Seriously though, I'll let others chime in on this, as it's been mentioned as something people do in several other threads, and is mentioned in the Unofficial Guide as well, but I've never stayed at a resort without a balcony before. I get your point, but others seem to think during off-season times late at night, there's not enough traffic to make it a problem if people just pull their chairs in to let others pass.

Princess_AmyK

last time i stayed, i was on the first floor in the building to the left as you leave the food court and are facing the swimming pool. I loved it! it was so close to the bus station, the food court, and the pool. it was perfect. granted there was no spectacular view, i really enjoyed how easy it was to get to my room. after a long day of trekking around the parks, saving yourself some steps is greatly appreciated.

Princess_AmyK

What dates will you be there?

Seriously though, I'll let others chime in on this, as it's been mentioned as something people do in several other threads, and is mentioned in the Unofficial Guide as well, but I've never stayed at a resort without a balcony before. I get your point, but others seem to think during off-season times late at night, there's not enough traffic to make it a problem if people just pull their chairs in to let others pass.

i have never actually experienced this issue before. i will just say (and this is an assumption because we all know things can change when you are actually in the situation) if i were walking to my room and there was someone on a chair outside their room, and i had to kind of adjust my walking as not to hit them, i wouldnt be upset. i would not think much of it actually. however, if i had lots of suit cases and they just sat there while i struggled to get past them, i would be a bit irritated. but as long as they moved and let me pull my stuff through easily, it would be no harm. thats just me. im pretty easy going.

Disney Family 4

we will be staying at POFQ in Jan 2014.... are you contacting the resort direct??? or WDW 800 number. How many days out can you make the room requests. In past stays at the Contemporary we have just made our requests during arrival and they always made it happen. This will be our first stay at POFQ

JohnD

If you want a river view...pay for it.

Otherwise, I'd say choose building 4 garden view.

Just thoughts. It's a very neat little hotel!

I'm there in two weeks also. I have a "garden view" and have requested a corner room but no idea which building. I guess I could call and ask?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm there in two weeks also. I have a "garden view" and have requested a corner room but no idea which building. I guess I could call and ask?
You can call and put a request on your reservation, but they won't guarantee anything over the phone.

Building 4 is nice because its close to the busses, food cout, laundry and pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom