POFQ or Swan/ Dolphin

danpam1024

Trying to decide between the two. Price is almost identical. POFQ we love, never stayed at Swan/Dolphin, but love the Epcot area. Opinions? TIA:wave:

Bri1121

Two things to consider:

Swan/Dolphin- no magical express from airport and no dinning plan. If neither of these are needed or are unimportant I would pick swan/dolphin.

I have stayed at both and the location of the Swan/Dolphin can not be beat. We love the boats or just walking to Epcot/HS. These hotels are also considered deluxe and definitely have that feel. Very nice hotels, some good places to eat, nice rooms. We will be staying there again in August for the 3rd time and never have an issue!

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Upvote 0

danpam1024

Original Poster
Swan and Dolphin it is, we usually stay at BC or Boardwalk, but want to try something new (and there's a HUGE price difference. . . More cash to play with) :p

Upvote 0

Minnie1976

I never stayed in either just visited. The Swan and Dolphin do nothing for me. I just didn't like those hotels just walking through them. My son and his wife stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter and loved it. We went to meet them and see their room and the hotel. It was lovely. They really enjoyed staying there. Of course, being from the New Orleans they enjoyed it because it was so New Orleans with atmosphere, food and drinks.

Upvote 0

gardenia

It's not really "Swan & Dolphin"... the Swan and the Dolphin are two separate hotels. Different buildings, different staff, different rates. I wouldn't stay at the Dolphin again, personally, because it's a run-down mess and hasn't been tended or renovated in a decade. But the Swan is a different story. It's well managed, very deluxe, and a big step above the moderate hotels at Disney.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

We just stayed at the Dolphin this last May and absolutely loved it. We got a great AAA deal that included compliment breakfasts and a beautiful view of Tower of Terror.
The Swan is also great and the area is the best. I've never stayed at Port Orleans but since you've never been to the Dolphin or Swan, I'd say give it a shot!
Just remember it's not a Disney resort so a few perks dont hold.

Happy planning!

Upvote 0

jato4x4

I have stayed at both, and many other resorts on property. That being said, the heavenly beds at the Swan or Dolphin are just that. They are the best beds at any hotel. I liked the dolphin better then the FQ. The FQ was nice too, don't get me wrong, but I would choose Swan or Dolphin any day over FQ. Especially if you get a room w/ a view of Epcot.

Upvote 0

wolf359

Don't forget to factor in $25 a night for parking (assuming you're driving) and "resort fees" at the Swan or Dolphin. Also no charging to your room account through your Key to the World card.

The busing was also a little awkward when I stayed there (admittedly a few years ago) but being able to walk to EPCOT, the Boardwalk, and the Yacht and Beach was a big plus.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Our vote: POFQ

Don't forget to factor in $25 a night for parking (assuming you're driving) and "resort fees" at the Swan or Dolphin. Also no charging to your room account through your Key to the World card.

The busing was also a little awkward when I stayed there (admittedly a few years ago) but being able to walk to EPCOT, the Boardwalk, and the Yacht and Beach was a big plus.

IMO the POFQ is a much better deal: financially, LOCATION and the other stated benefits of staying on Disney property. Nice boat ride to DTD is a bonus.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Im a creature of Habit and being that Ive really enjoyed my two Trips to Pofq Id probably go there again BUT....My brother spent a long weekend at the Swan and Dolphin Recently and Really, really Loved it!!!

Being so close to epcot they found themselfs taking breaks to go back and use the pool..take naps ..all That Jazz..Stuff I never manage to do when Im In wdw.

Good Luck!!

Upvote 0

Bri1121

I don't know if parking is an issue for you or not but it is $11 plus tax to park as a guest. And yes there are resort fees but for us the price always comes out better than most moderate resorts.

We were there 2 years ago and had no issue with the buses. We loved the boats and option of walking to 2 parks. I am sure you are use to this with staying at the boardwalk.

When we first booked the hotel and were deciding between the Swan and Dolphin they lady on the phone said the Dolphins rooms were 20 sq feet bigger. We needed a crib in the room at the time so went with that one and always have been happy!

I think you will be very happy!! Especially with the money you will save! Have fun!!

Upvote 0

Nikki M

For us, there is no where to say BUT the swan. The location is fantastic, the hotel is deluxe with great rooms and atmosphere. We just booked for December and they are having a great $179/night special. There is a $12/night resort fee. They say they charge $10 for parking, but we stay there every year and they have never charged us. We stayed at a moderate resort once several years ago, and we felt it had more of a motel feel, while the Swan is a nice hotel. It comes down to preference, but the location makes it for us, especially being able to walk or boat it to Epcot and HS. We try to avoid the bus altogether. You can even walk through Epcot and ride the monorail to the TTA, then MK and only ride the bus to AK if you have to.

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I had this same debate when I was booking my trip last December. We ended up doing POFQ for two reasons. It was cheaper because we got Free Dining, and two, we were going with out little one and wanted more of a theme, but to be honest the pools look great at Swan and Dolphin too.
I did not know about the parking, can someone tell me if you have to pay to park at the hotel and then again to park at the theme parks or just once?

Upvote 0

Bri1121

I had this same debate when I was booking my trip last December. We ended up doing POFQ for two reasons. It was cheaper because we got Free Dining, and two, we were going with out little one and wanted more of a theme, but to be honest the pools look great at Swan and Dolphin too.
I did not know about the parking, can someone tell me if you have to pay to park at the hotel and then again to park at the theme parks or just once?

Not all hotels charge you to park. But you would have to pay to park at the park too. If you have AAA go through them to get a pass. And if you pay to park at one theme park but want to switch you don't have to pay twice!

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

Not all hotels charge you to park. But you would have to pay to park at the park too. If you have AAA go through them to get a pass. And if you pay to park at one theme park but want to switch you don't have to pay twice!

So if I stay at the Swan, I pay to park there daily and I then have to pay for a parking pass to park at AK etc? I ask because I had parking included for everything when staying at POFQ and that would add up over a week if I had to pay for parking daily at the Swan and again Daily to park at the parks.

Upvote 0

LisaB08

Definitely the POFQ

Two things to consider:

We just stayed at the Swan in December and although it was very nice, I prefer the POFQ. The Swan has very comfortable beds, but I didn't like their dining choices. They either had swanky restaurants, a java cafe or the garden terrace where the breakfast buffet was $20. No Magical Express and you have to pay to park your car if you have one. THE POFQ has a wonderful food court, nice pool and it only has a few buildings so it's close to lobby, food court and bus transportation. It has a beautiful walking trail to POR and you can dine there as well. Also, the Swan Bus makes several stops for the bus. Stops at the Dolphin, Beach and Yacht Clubs as well.

Upvote 0

Jeffxz

So if I stay at the Swan, I pay to park there daily and I then have to pay for a parking pass to park at AK etc? I ask because I had parking included for everything when staying at POFQ and that would add up over a week if I had to pay for parking daily at the Swan and again Daily to park at the parks.

There is a nightly parking fee at the Swan/Dolphin, but you do not need to pay to park at the parks. Just show your hotel key at the parking gates and they will wave you through.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom